List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 spots id be looking at,

Pacey Medium defender - id say an upgrade on Cincotta, not saying hes done anything wrong but i feel he could be upgraded on in most aspects.

A Midfielder with pace to burn, i feel we are a slightly one paced midfield. We dont have any line breakers at all.

Another medium fwd. Jack martin with a new set of calves.
l would suggest tall developing key defender would be priority ahead of some of those.

Voss likes big bodied strong midfielders, in 2 years time Hollands will be another quick midfielder once he builds his body.

l would suggest tall developing key defender would be priority ahead of some of those.

Voss likes big bodied strong midfielders, in 2 years time Hollands will be another quick midfielder once he builds his body.
Don’t we already have 5 key defenders? Probably enough for now imo

Hollands is a pure winger, he wont be in the guts its not his jam and hes body shape wont change to much if anything id say Binns could be that midfielder, agree a tall defender wouldnt go astray either

Pacey Medium defender - id say an upgrade on Cincotta, not saying hes done anything wrong but i feel he could be upgraded on in most aspects.

A Midfielder with pace to burn, i feel we are a slightly one paced midfield. We dont have any line breakers at all.

My answers would be :

1) Zac Williams, Cowans coming along nicely, McGovern can play small, Saad & Newman, Cincotta. Not really an area of need.
2) Sam Walsh would surely be the ultimate line breaker. Cerra not far behind. Fair chance Hollands will become one, maybe even Binns. Our midfield just beat the much vaunted Melbourne one. Can't rest on our laurels and have to keep finding a way to improve it.
3) Hopefully Jack Martin stays fit. Would have a look at Elijah Hollands at the right price. The really good ones generally cost a lot.

The really good thing is that we are officially a destination club and we have a list manager that appears adept at identifying a problem and fixing it. We also have a list that is pretty cherry ripe and just needs a bit of tweaking.

I actually believe the reports that we might bring in Elijah Hollands, and hit the draft

We have 5 years from now to win flags. Cripps will be 29 next year so maybe 5 years. Harry, Weiters and Charlie will be 27 and 28. Yeah Walsh and Cerra are a bit younger, but this is it. We have 5 years to win something, no building, no anything. 5 years to win and that’s probably it, reset, try again,

Time is fleeting. Walk left side, walk right side ok, walk middle squish. Do or do not, there is no try
Mr Myiagi and Yoda
"Some guys never get to play in one, so it's not enough to get into a grand final. You have to make the most of it, leave everything out on the ground."
Stuart Dew

My answers would be :

1) Zac Williams, Cowans coming along nicely, McGovern can play small, Saad & Newman, Cincotta. Not really an area of need.
2) Sam Walsh would surely be the ultimate line breaker. Cerra not far behind. Fair chance Hollands will become one, maybe even Binns. Our midfield just beat the much vaunted Melbourne one. Can't rest on our laurels and have to keep finding a way to improve it.
3) Hopefully Jack Martin stays fit. Would have a look at Elijah Hollands at the right price. The really good ones generally cost a lot.

The really good thing is that we are officially a destination club and we have a list manager that appears adept at identifying a problem and fixing it. We also have a list that is pretty cherry ripe and just needs a bit of tweaking.
My faith in Zac isnt to high, the guys hit multiple Chinamen somewhere in his travels.

Walshy is an endurance machine, lance armstrong level minus the epo, im talking out n out pace. Melbournes midfield suits us both heavily contested based. Binns could be but i havent watched enough to know if hes speed is what im after, no dramas finding the pill though!

Jack Martin and fit is a contentious subject.
Im all for Hollads at the right price.

And yep, im really interested to see who wants to jump on the train now we're a finals deep side, the first barrass bomb is gunna hit like heroin.

Hollands is a pure winger, he wont be in the guts its not his jam and hes body shape wont change to much if anything id say Binns could be that midfielder, agree a tall defender wouldnt go astray either
He is 19 more than capable of being of very good mid fielder in 2 years, he has 2-3 years of development in his body.

Walsh & Cerra at 19 had very lean body shape, he will definitely get some body shape in the next few years.

Last edited:
I think Hollands is so young we don’t quite know what he might develop into. Already he’s shown great aptitude for using his body to manoeuvre opponent, even though there’s nothing of him. That bodes well for the future, and could translate into a more contested or hybrid role rather than pure outside. Either way, looks great. Was a fantastic cameo as sub last night.

I think Hollands is so young we don’t quite know what he might develop into. Already he’s shown great aptitude for using his body to manoeuvre opponent, even though there’s nothing of him. That bodes well for the future, and could translate into a more contested or hybrid role rather than pure outside. Either way, looks great. Was a fantastic cameo as sub last night.
mad courage - can't coach that.......

Hopefully our success in finals this year will attract a few gun role players looking to jump on board at a discounted price if things aren't looking great in terms of our draft hand. Right now I wouldn't say theres many players around our pick that are going to have an impact next year for us. If we could trade up into the top 10 theres a few that would be good additions to our best 22.

Which is probably one of the reasons we'd be interested in Elijah Hollands.

He definitely ticks the box of the medium forward who can run through the mid - but would also then give us more options on which way we could go in the draft, bearing in mind our first pick will now likely be somewhere in the 20's.

If we're looking for a midfielder with 'pace to burn', someone like Harry DeMattia could possibly be available at that pick - mid with genuine speed and clean hands. Cal Twomey currently has him at pick 20. Riley Hardeman may be another as a mid/half back with pace, although he's likely to be gone by our pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is probably one of the reasons we'd be interested in Elijah Hollands.

He definitely ticks the box of the medium forward who can run through the mid - but would also then give us more options on which way we could go in the draft, bearing in mind our first pick will now likely be somewhere in the 20's.

If we're looking for a midfielder with 'pace to burn', someone like Harry DeMattia could possibly be available at that pick - mid with genuine speed and clean hands. Cal Twomey currently has him at pick 20. Riley Hardeman may be another as a mid/half back with pace, although he's likely to be gone by our pick.
Could we get aggressive moving up the order. Some saying draft falls away after 30+

My concern is with Dow and Fisher leaving and players like Pittonet, McGovern, Marchbank, Cuningham and Martin all being injury prone that we lack depth and we don't have much draft capital.
For me our needs are a Ruckman someone that can also play forward like Fullerton from Brisbane or Edwards from North.
We also need a backup tall defender Ruscoe from Collingwood would be a cheap option.
Our biggest need is our forwards I think we need players that can be more dangerous around goals but also players to push up into the midfield. I like the idea of bring in Hollands if the price is right. No more than what we get for either Fisher or Dow. Khamis would add something different to our forward line. I would also be keen to trade up this year's first and next to get Caddy or if we don't pick up either DeMattia or Moir.

My concern is with Dow and Fisher leaving and players like Pittonet, McGovern, Marchbank, Cuningham and Martin all being injury prone that we lack depth and we don't have much draft capital.
For me our needs are a Ruckman someone that can also play forward like Fullerton from Brisbane or Edwards from North.
We also need a backup tall defender Ruscoe from Collingwood would be a cheap option.
Our biggest need is our forwards I think we need players that can be more dangerous around goals but also players to push up into the midfield. I like the idea of bring in Hollands if the price is right. No more than what we get for either Fisher or Dow. Khamis would add something different to our forward line. I would also be keen to trade up this year's first and next to get Caddy or if we don't pick up either DeMattia or Moir.
Fisher and Dow play positions that we have plenty of depth in. Those other guys don’t

In the game preview thread starts of discussions of Young being out of favour.

Could we ship him off to North with Fish for a mid second round pick? Or their start of third round pick?

Target Ben McKay.

They let McKay go without too much haggling on matching.

Out - Fisher and Young
In - McKay and 3rd rounder

Them-

Out- McKay + 3rd rounder
In - Young Fisher and compo pick(end of first?)

Thoughts?

I think both clubs win. And all 3 players involved win.
We could (realistically) give up Paddy & Fish for McKay
My only question mark is how the brothers sibling rivalry goes with them both playing in the same side.

Nah - he showed some promise in junior footy when given looks there and as he develops he should be able to attend stoppages when required without any issue at all.

Trade off Fisher and Dow and try to get their picks to add to a mid 20s pick and take Charlie Edwards with pick 25.

Take Darcy Wilson at pick 18.

Pick up Elijah Hollands with a future 2nd or 3rd.

I honestly think our list is pretty good and with Zac Williams back next year, and added growth to Ollie Hollands, Binns, Lemmey, HOK, Cowan, Motlop and Durdin, going to the draft this off season is the right thing to do and to bring in a couple of top 30 kids to add to out quality youth, will just make us even stronger.

Last edited:
Trade off Fisher and Dow and try to get their picks to add to a mid 20s pick and take Charlie Edwards with pick 25.

Take Darcy Williams at pick 18.

Pick up Elijah Hollands with a future 2nd or 3rd.

I honestly think our list is pretty good and with Zac Williams back next year, and added growth to Ollie Hollands, Binns, Lemmey, HOK, Cowan, Motlop and Durdin, going to the draft this off season is the right thing to do and to bring in a couple of top 30 kids to add to out quality youth, will just make us even stronger.
OK you’ve got me HCJ, who the **** is Darcy Williams?

Maybe those who liked the post could tell me?

The rest of the post “Like”.

View attachment 1806717

Worth a look CB. I like him and think he would be someone we are into. Oh I had Williams but it's Wilson. Damn auto correct
Not “one of mine” mate. We joke about Walshy, but the best word I have for Wilson (IMO) is vanilla. Don’t see any POD, I don’t doubt he will be a player, but I don’t see “star” quality. We all see things a bit differently.

Admittedly, I am struggling for draft preference. Have my eye firmly set on Charlie Edwards as you mentioned. Don’t have a huge body of work for reference, but the package on AFL site was just what we need.

The obvious need for generation next is a KPD, but, perhaps Ollie Murphy aside, there is not a lot in the range of our first pick. Murphy is decent, but not a stand out. Being a leftie to complement our existing structures could be good. I really like another leftie Will Patton, the SA captain, but unless he has a growth spurt is more 3rd tall at the next level at 193cm. Kemp and Marchbank are in that range for the medium to long term, but to me we need a genuine KPD to add to grow beside Weiters, then take over and perhaps allow JW to trim a bit and become an interceptor at the back end of his career. As I have mentioned before, I have a big watch on WA defender Zane Zakostelsky, a bit later in the draft. Very athletic, 196cm (or a bit more), been rucking of late at junior level despite being defender first. In the ruck gave a “touch up” to 200cm Coen Livingstone, who is actually a very good forward/ruck prospect in his own right (I was watching before TDK signed up)

Not “one of mine” mate. We joke about Walshy, but the best word I have for Wilson (IMO) is vanilla. Don’t see any POD, I don’t doubt he will be a player, but I don’t see “star” quality. We all see things a bit differently.

Admittedly, I am struggling for draft preference. Have my eye firmly set on Charlie Edwards as you mentioned. Don’t have a huge body of work for reference, but the package on AFL site was just what we need.

The obvious need for generation next is a KPD, but, perhaps Ollie Murphy aside, there is not a lot in the range of our first pick. Murphy is decent, but not a stand out. Being a leftie to complement our existing structures could be good. I really like another leftie Will Patton, the SA captain, but unless he has a growth spurt is more 3rd tall at the next level at 193cm. Kemp and Marchbank are in that range for the medium to long term, but to me we need a genuine KPD to add to grow beside Weiters, then take over and perhaps allow JW to trim a bit and become an interceptor at the back end of his career. As I have mentioned before, I have a big watch on WA defender Zane Zakostelsky, a bit later in the draft. Very athletic, 196cm (or a bit more), been rucking of late at junior level despite being defender first. In the ruck gave a “touch up” to 200cm Coen Livingstone, who is actually a very good forward/ruck prospect in his own right (I was watching before TDK signed up)
Yep, I think I'm on the Edwards Bandwagon, at least for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back