Preview 2023 Rd 10 Carlton vs Collingwood Sunday May 21 3:20PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in ...

IN: Jordan Boyd

OUT: Alex Cincotta

SUB: Hewett

Ed Curnow has been elevated to the starting 22, while George Hewett has been confirmed as starting sub.

Backs:Sam DochertyLewis YoungNic Newman
Half-backs:Mitch McGovernJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Ed CurnowHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies
Sub:George Hewett
Emergencies:Alex CincottaTom De KoningZac Fisher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah! That’s more like it! Good to see that you haven’t all lost the fire in the belly.

I agree that you’ll win if Charlie and Harry collectively kick ten goals. But 5-7 feels much more likely, in which case who will kick the other 8-10 that you’ll likely need?

(BTW, I think you meant to say that I might feel like I’ve driven my DeLorean into a pole, rather than a poll? But you’re the literacy expert.)

Good luck, Blue Baggers! Hope to see you all still in the stadium in the last quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
8B2DD593-4425-4D57-8E09-D9380B0BE86A.gif

Yeah! That’s more like it! Good to see that you haven’t all lost the fire in the belly.

I agree that you’ll win if Charlie and Harry collectively kick ten goals. But 5-7 feels much more likely, in which case who will kick the other 8-10 that you’ll likely need?

(BTW, I think you meant to say that I might feel like I’ve driven my DeLorean into a pole, rather than a poll? But you’re the literacy expert.)

Good luck, Blue Baggers! Hope to see you all still in the stadium in the last quarter.

I'd sooner swan dive from the top of the southern stand that hear that Collliiinnnnggggwwwoooooooddddd dirge ring out over the G. Here's a thought, I'd love it your mob went the early crow, or should I say magpie, only to be run over and force you to hear, Da Da Da Da Da. I'm allowed to dream. Now, that may shut up the May champions for a minute, but only one.

Blues by a point, after a string of dodgy decisions sends the toothless horde in the Ponsford stand into apoplexy.

I reckon this will be a bit of a s**t-show this week. Cant see us beating them and wouldnt surprise if it was a 3-4 goal margin for most of it with a late blow out and 40 point loss. There is no chance in hell Voss will or should be sacked, you have to back in your decision to hire him for more than 18 months, but the drums will start beating louder after this game (about the whole club, especially the playing group)
I reckon we might beat the Pies this week, for the bolded reasons.
Play out of our skins with our backs against the wall, build everyone's hope up.
Then crawl back into our shells and continue playing as we are for the rest of the season.

Maybe Im being too pessimistic, but I expect us to lose despite a much better performance from the team which would normally result in a victory against a weaker club

It’s a fair call as I’ve gone over it quite a few times in my head and whilst I feel there’s a chance we win it’s hard to think we have the application to stick to the task long enough to win this this game, especially against an opposition that is so confident in how they play the game.

I’ve tipped the Blues to win every round so far this season but I don’t think I’ll be tipping this week. Of course I hope like mad I am wrong.

I'd sooner swan dive from the top of the southern stand that hear that Collliiinnnnggggwwwoooooooddddd dirge ring out over the G. Here's a thought, I'd love it your mob went the early crow, or should I say magpie, only to be run over and force you to hear, Da Da Da Da Da. I'm allowed to dream. Now, that may shut up the May champions for a minute, but only one.

Blues by a point, after a string of dodgy decisions sends the toothless horde in the Ponsford stand into apoplexy.

Perhaps it will play out just as you predict.

But if you really don’t want to hear the elongated Collingwood chant, I suggest you leave at 3QT because we both know it’s going to reverberate around The G with increasing volume in Q4.

I doubt you’ll be on your own in heading for the exits. Vossy might even join you. Cerra can handle the post-match press conference for him.

Colllliiingwooooood! COLLLLIIINGWOOOOOOD!

It will be glorious.

(Too far?)

Last edited:

But if you really don’t want to hear the elongated Collingwood chant, I suggest you leave at 3QT because we both know it’s going to reverberate around The G with increasing volume in Q4.

I doubt you’ll be on your own in heading for the exits. Vossy might even join you. Cerra can handle the post-match press conference for him.

It will be glorious.

(Too far?)

How dare you!!!!

I said how dare you!!!!!

No coach of Carlton will ever decide when he wants to leave. He will be sacked when we decide his time is up!!!!

It will be glorious.

(Too far?)

*BUMP

Just a reminder all.

This is NOT a banter thread.

Stay on topic & play nice.

Thanks!

Wish we could make the right calls on the team selection too.
Dropping Kemp, while keeping Ed in, then playing our best mid off half back for his worst game. We had Saad, Newman and Cincotta down back. Nothing wrong with keeping Kemp in with Gov, who are both fairly agile and attacking. If we use past weeks as any kind of forecast, Cerra will now be dropped, like Kennedy was.
And taking Hollands out to get one effective disposal from Ed in half an hour on the ground... genius.

Doc has been great in his time in the guts, but time to let the mids mid and put Doc back to his natural position. Give him spurts in the middle to change things up. Time for Ed to go back the VFL. Maybe give Cincotta a rest and bring Kemp back in. Cottrell or Hollands as the sub.

I think blokes like Cottrell, Cincotta, Hollands and even Kemp are far from the problem. No reason to drop or rest any of them TBH. We need to get games into them.

Whoever suggested Ed Curnow should be the sub needs to be relieved of their duties. I cannot think of another player on our list who could have less positive impact than Ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to get particularly excited for this one. We’re playing such average footy, have a number of quality players way out of form, look to be bereft of confidence and are playing the deserved premiership favourites at this point. A win could spark our season but it’s hard to make many rational arguments on paper as to how we get up.

We’ve got to try to play fast, like in that third quarter against the dogs, to try to breathe some life back into our sputtering season. If we’re going to go down, might as well go down swinging with a game style that we can take forward for the rest of the season.

Ll Cool J Smh GIF by ION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back