Preview 2023 Rd 10 Carlton vs Collingwood Sunday May 21 3:20PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in ...

IN: Jordan Boyd

OUT: Alex Cincotta

SUB: Hewett

Ed Curnow has been elevated to the starting 22, while George Hewett has been confirmed as starting sub.

Backs:Sam DochertyLewis YoungNic Newman
Half-backs:Mitch McGovernJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Ed CurnowHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies
Sub:George Hewett
Emergencies:Alex CincottaTom De KoningZac Fisher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here’s my prediction (this is fun):

Hewett to be managed.

Cinc to he dropped.

Fish as the sub.

TDK to play.

So, the bench will be Kennedy, TDK, Cotts, Owies with Fish as the sub.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That would mean we only play 6 defenders including Docherty so no mid time for Doch, no ruck time for Young and a mid (probably Cerra) having to play in the backline for a lot of the game.

You cross a line with me when you criticise Ed.
Ed is extremely pretty on the inside where it counts.
I, unlike some of my bretheren, value Ed and have nothing but respect for him as a player.
I ask you to refrain from criticising our players in a personal way.
Thanks visiting Pie Person.
dwayne-johnson-jumanji.gif

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Still think it's Hewett out. Cottrell and Owies won't miss, and Kennedy very unlikely after a good performance last week.

Looks like Voss going with the runners against a very fit Collingwood outfit. Curnow perhaps to do the job on Daicos.

Would rather Ed in the side than both of Kennedy & Hewett.
For the record, I'd take either Kennedy or Hewett individually over Ed, but if the question is Kennedy and Hewett vs Kennedy and Ed, I'd take the latter. We're running one midfielder too many and Hewett is giving us nothing at present.

The fact we are worried about a 2nd year player, that we are playing a guy well past his best to tag him. says it all. Embarrassing.
2nd year player who is leading the coaches votes

IF ...​

I was in charge of the Blues

THEN ...​

as of Sunday against Collingwood at the MCG I would be playing Tom De Koning in the ruck, and leaving him there for the remainder of the season. A point of difference in a struggling team

Does he watch the games seriously

I'm not really interested in gate keeping a hobby of all things.

Personally I gain nothing by looking down on other Carlton supporters.
You're right. Your gains somehow come from bagging the club & players. Strange. It's disappointing but understandable that you've withdrawn all support for the club and consider endless criticism and negativity the way to go. This place will always be here if you ever decide to return as a supporter. Be safe.

I would be absolutely mortified if Ed plays. He has been a legend of our club, but he time is done. We have guys tearing it up in the magoos who should be walk up starters compered to Ed. IMO Doc should stay at HBF, make too many mistakes in the guts. I've been saying it for weeks plonk Saad in the middle, he has pace to burn and that is exactly what we need, either that or perhaps try him at HFF, we struggle with that zone in-between the square and the 50 line. At a stretch try Cincotta in the middle, also has pace.

Just my thoughts

Legend.....
Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

IF ...​

THEN ...​

as of Sunday against Collingwood at the MCG I would be playing Tom De Koning in the ruck, and leaving him there for the remainder of the season. A point of difference in a struggling team

I say let the hype keep building. Only boosts his trade value lol. TDK for the brownlow!

For the record, I'd take either Kennedy or Hewett individually over Ed, but if the question is Kennedy and Hewett vs Kennedy and Ed, I'd take the latter. We're running one midfielder too many and Hewett is giving us nothing at present.
Hewett needs to go back to playing as a defensive mid, that is why we brought him to the club, send him to DeGoey.

IF ...​

THEN ...​

That's why he's a journo...

Startling thing is, he's not even good at that....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the go with Kennedy, fellas? IMO he's one of your best inside midfielders.

Thinking about trading him in to my fantasy team this week (for Hewett, who has absolutely burnt me and looks slow and unfit)

We can't play two tap ruckman, but frankly TDK is not a tap ruckman's belly button at this stage. He's the around the ground ruckman and Pitto is the tap ruckman. I'm not sure who TDK can replace at the moment, especially for this specific game.

Can we drop Young and send TDK back to pick up Cox/Cameron when they rest? Whilst I don’t think he can play that role if there was ever a week to do it is this week as they only have Miocheck tall in their forward line.

Also he has a match up for our up coming run of games:
- McLean and/or Ladham against the Swans
- Grundy/Gawn in 2 weeks
- Draper/Phillips against the Bombers
- Chol or Levi against the Suns

Young has been dreadful this year. He spoils when he should mark usually into dangerous areas and when he does mark the ball he kills any chance of a quick ball movement with his lack of urgency and slow kicks.

This structure looks better with Marchbank (or S Durdin) in the team so maybe it won’t happen but hopefully it’s something they are thinking of with those guys hopefully not far away from selection.

What's the go with Kennedy, fellas? IMO he's one of your best inside midfielders.

Thinking about trading him in to my fantasy team this week (for Hewett, who has absolutely burnt me and looks slow and unfit)
Suggest wait until the final team announcement tonight - expect one of the two will miss this week (likely Hewett).

Suggest wait until the final team announcement tonight - expect one of the two will miss this week (likely Hewett).
Thanks mate. If Hewett is out, do you think Kennedy will get a bump in CBA's? I've seen a few on this thread suggest that he could play as a Mid/Forward.

Hopefully Ed drops out to create another spot to pick from the IC bench. Cottrell and Owies surely are locked in, Matt Kennedy deserves a spot and we need to persist with Cincotta.

Georgey needs a spell. Neither Fisher or TDK have earnt a spot back. Sounds like Jordan Boyd would be lucky. Kemp should be in the mix but he's been hanging out with Paddy Dow too much lately.

Whatever the team is, it needs to play with passion and determination to improve this weekend and going forward.

Thanks mate. If Hewett is out, do you think Kennedy will get a bump in CBA's? I've seen a few on this thread suggest that he could play as a Mid/Forward.
No one has any idea. Plays mid/forward really well - so it’s very unlikely that’s where he will end up.
I’d avoid if I was u, you’re burning a trade as he’s just as likely to be dropped/sub next week.

Would be satisfied with Boyd over Ed, gives us a 7th defender (if Cincotta is playing) allowing Doc to play in the middle/resting forward

McKay deep and Charlie roaming is ideal, but with Harry struggling in front of goals, I would rather him playing traditional CHF, Charlie behind him

If splitting Kennedy and Cripps forward (Kennedy the majority of the split), then Jsos would be surplus to needs and TDK more a need, considering their ruckmen

Dow wins the ball at stoppages, but doesn't help to address our needs, attacking chains, defensive transition

So ideally

Out Of the 23, Ed Jsos

In Boyd TDK

Boyd Weitering Newman
Gov Young Saad

Pitto Cerra Walsh
Acres Cripps Hollands

Kennedy Harry Owies
Mots Charlie Durdin

Bench/Sub Cincotta Doc Cotts TDK Hewett

Good balance there. Wouldn't mind throwing Gov up forward for a spell to mix things up.

No one has any idea. Plays mid/forward really well - so it’s very unlikely that’s where he will end up.
I’d avoid if I was u, you’re burning a trade as he’s just as likely to be dropped/sub next week.

As a fantasy player I 2nd this. Was also thinking about bringing in Kennedy after some carnage last week. He will average 85-95 and get decent CBAs when playing but he is a risk of being sub or getting dropped due to many similar types in our midfield. Not sure it is worth the risk at his price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back