Preview 2023 Rd 10 Carlton vs Collingwood Sunday May 21 3:20PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in ...

IN: Jordan Boyd

OUT: Alex Cincotta

SUB: Hewett

Ed Curnow has been elevated to the starting 22, while George Hewett has been confirmed as starting sub.

Backs:Sam DochertyLewis YoungNic Newman
Half-backs:Mitch McGovernJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Ed CurnowHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies
Sub:George Hewett
Emergencies:Alex CincottaTom De KoningZac Fisher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be absolutely mortified if Ed plays. He has been a legend of our club, but he time is done. We have guys tearing it up in the magoos who should be walk up starters compered to Ed. IMO Doc should stay at HBF, make too many mistakes in the guts. I've been saying it for weeks plonk Saad in the middle, he has pace to burn and that is exactly what we need, either that or perhaps try him at HFF, we struggle with that zone in-between the square and the 50 line. At a stretch try Cincotta in the middle, also has pace.

Just my thoughts

I don’t think he is anymore, I’m not sure he offers us much without sacrificing better options particularly against a team this week in the manner in which they play…
Jmo…
Who else is playing at high half forward that we’ve actually seen in the seniors this year play with any sort of impetus? I’ll wait…

TDK named due to Pitto’s recent form…? Or emergency?

Pitto has been fine but if TDK makes the 22, it's because the Pies temporary rucks have been more mobile. Cameron is in the squad for them but has to pass a test to come in. So Cameron/Cox vs Pittonet/TDK or Cox/Johnson vs Pittonet/Silvagni. I'm not sure we can afford to bring in another tall against a side that moves the ball so well.

I think ultimately TDK is an emergency and comes in again next week to stretch the Swans who have talls missing all over the park or against Melbourne the following week against Gawn and Grundy.

I think we’ve been planning for this game since last seasons loss … the slow start to the season the complete change in game plan (slow and ineffectual) … the total apparent indifference by the players after losses … the pretend bad kicking for goal … the total lack of injuries … and then the resting of Ed last week as sub so he’d be able to run Daicos off his feet this week … followed by the demoting of our leading goal kicker last week to the bench … Diesel going missing the club stating that we don’t care about finals … it’s all been a long con the greatest smokescreen ever produced in the history of sport … all this to catch the filth off guard and to slam them into the dirt this week … genius !!!
Of course. Why didn’t I see it?

There are obviously a few areas we need to fix but I want to see these things.

1. Some cleaner ball use, even with the Pies pressure we can do it.
2. When anyone is kicking for goal, kick a drop punt, and I want to boys to back themselves to put it through the big sticks. No stupid snaps or always looking to give it off.

We proved last year that we can match it with them, I hope we can find a way to bring back that form.

I'm not asking for too much am I?

So TDK played 1/2 a game producing not much & then got concussed, Boyd looked & played decidedly averagely against kids & hasn’t put together a 4 quarter quality performance yet & Fish racked up a pile of useless possessions & had no impact.
Great to see our MC keeping up its lofty standards & selection integrity.
Could not agree more. MC have been completely pathetic this year and the run continues.

Owies, Kennedy and Cotters must be in the 22. Boyd has been nothing but average in both his VFL games and simply doesn’t warrant a game. Same goes for TDK and fisher.
Then there’s Ed, one can only think the MC are giving him his final send off game in front of a big crowd.…..

Pitto has been fine but if TDK makes the 22, it's because the Pies temporary rucks have been more mobile. Cameron is in the squad for them but has to pass a test to come in. So Cameron/Cox vs Pittonet/TDK or Cox/Johnson vs Pittonet/Silvagni. I'm not sure we can afford to bring in another tall against a side that moves the ball so well.

I think ultimately TDK is an emergency and comes in again next week to stretch the Swans who have talls missing all over the park or against Melbourne the following week against Gawn and Grundy.

Makes sense.

Don’t think we can play two tap ruckman rotating off the bench, didn’t seem to work earlier this year.

One needs to be capable of going forward. Keen to see what TDK can do playing out of the goal square in the VFL. Certainly not going to be out marked but would love to see him slot a few.

Makes sense.

Don’t think we can play two tap ruckman rotating off the bench, didn’t seem to work earlier this year.

One needs to be capable of going forward. Keen to see what TDK can do playing out of the goal square in the VFL. Certainly not going to be out marked but would love to see him slot a few.
Pies have a really good developing ruck in the vfl. TDK really should be well ahead but we'll see if and when he plays in the vfl

If Ed plays I can only assume it is to tag De Goey, Daicos has been getting heaps of ball but its De Goey that has been hurting most, Hewett was supposed to come in and be our defensive mid, he hasn't been effective this year as a pure mid so we should have him go back to basics with a stopping role, then Ed becomes surplus to requirements.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else is playing at high half forward that we’ve actually seen in the seniors this year play with any sort of impetus? I’ll wait…
We’ll the club has played Walsh as a high half forward who is automatically a better matchup against any of the pies running defenders, but I’d be playing Cottrell in that role on Daicos, Docherty gets the job on him in the midfield…

Daicos Maynard Noble Quaynor Crisp Markov, all players that can play in defence that possess speed and run…

Don’t think Ed has the capability of shutting down any of the above particularly when any of them are on the move/run, plus we are too slow as it is…

Not sure about including Fisher... he's been well below par all season, had one VFL game where he racked up possessions but did next to nothing with them, playing in a pos different to what he does in the AFL then had a week off last week. What exactly did he do to warrant a return? I'd hope he's been training the house down but I doubt it.

TDK the same for that matter... I suspect we might see Jack get dropped.

Makes sense.

We can't play two tap ruckman, but frankly TDK is not a tap ruckman's belly button at this stage. He's the around the ground ruckman and Pitto is the tap ruckman. I'm not sure who TDK can replace at the moment, especially for this specific game.

Must be tough for Ed Curnow, knowing that one brother got all the height, looks, talent and money.

We’ve got the same problem at Collingwood with the Daicos brothers. No, actually, they’re both bloody good! Ed will get to experience that first-hand on Sunday.

Looking at our squad, likely bench is Cameron, Crisp, McCreery & Markov, with Ginnivan to come on as sub later in the game to duck a few tackles and kick a couple of goals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You cross a line with me when you criticise Ed.
Ed is extremely pretty on the inside where it counts.
I, unlike some of my bretheren, value Ed and have nothing but respect for him as a player.
I ask you to refrain from criticising our players in a personal way.
Thanks visiting Pie Person.

Owies will be out.
He broke team rules by kicking drop punts. Who the * does he think he is?
3 goals straight. Back to the 2s to ‘work’ on his snaps.

Pick guys from non-traditional sporting backgrounds and you will get these non-traditional kicks.

What did we expect ?

He'll probably go up the guts next.

Must be tough for Ed Curnow, knowing that one brother got all the height, looks, talent and money.

We’ve got the same problem at Collingwood with the Daicos brothers. No, actually, they’re both bloody good! Ed will get to experience that first-hand on Sunday.

Looking at our squad, likely bench is Cameron, Crisp, McCreery & Markov, with Ginnivan to come on as sub later in the game to duck a few tackles and kick a couple of goals.

Looks are all relative though right? To most of my Pies acquaintances (cf mates) any 'sheila' or 'bloke' with more than 3 teeth is a stunner.

Here’s my prediction (this is fun):

Hewett to be managed.

Cinc to he dropped.

Fish as the sub.

TDK to play.

So, the bench will be Kennedy, TDK, Cotts, Owies with Fish as the sub.

Here’s my prediction (this is fun):

Hewett to be managed.

Cinc to he dropped.

Fish as the sub.

TDK to play.

So, the bench will be Kennedy, TDK, Cotts, Owies with Fish as the sub.

Actually would love this outcome. Fish as sub could work. He's zippy and has a knack of creating shots on goal for hiimself and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back