Preview 2023 Rd 12 Carlton vs Melbourne Friday June 2 7:50PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Alex Cincotta, Zac Fisher, Lochie O'Brien, Jack Silvagni, Lewis Young
OUT: Corey Durdin (knee), George Hewett (concussion), Ollie Hollands (collarbone), Nic Newman (hamstring), Marc Pittonet (hand), Ed Curnow

Backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringBrodie Kemp
Half-backs:Lewis YoungMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsSam Walsh
Half-forwards:Jesse MotlopCharlie CurnowJack Silvagni
Forwards:Zac FisherHarry McKayMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningMatthew KennedyAdam Cerra
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellSam Docherty
Lochie O'Brien
Emergencies:Ed CurnowPaddy DowLachie Fogarty
Lachie Plowman

Paddy Dow is jinxed

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Long time lurker

The footy gods have finally shined on us. Voss wouldn’t make the changes so they have forced them upon him.

Hollands needed a spell. Pitt is useless around the ground, taps to advantage not much use with out ball use, would rather speed in the middle. Durds has had a slow year, 1 of the 3 needed to go and it was probably Durds. Hewett been really down this year(since the hand), we’ve got too many of the same type so happy to see him have a spell. Newman is a loss but excited to se Cincotta get another run.

If we were to bring Fish, Cincotta, Dow, Young (second ruck and to run around after Gawn) & Binns in I’d be absolutely stoked. I’d also throw in LOB/Fog for Ed and run out with some good speed in the side

Baggers by 10

If Dow does play, gets 2 goals, 6 score assists, lays 6 tackles and racks up 32 possies… when asked about it in the presser what does Voss say?
What they always say - how pleased they are for said player and how the hard work in the magoos fine tuning his game has paid off and now it's time to get back to work.

I posted this in the Cripps thread too, but more will probably see here.

The team and olayers have been struggling and its frustrating for suppporters. And particualry because there is rarely anything we cam do about it.

Well, this week i think there is something. Our captain, Crippa, had his commitment to the club publicly questioned - the allegations were false and designed to take advantage of ourcurrent plight for clicks and views. Cripps, if nothing else, has shown tremendous loyalty and heart, and been a brught spot for us in dark times.

My challenge to Carlton supporters going to the game is to publicly shown their support for Cripps. At a minimum, an almighty roar every time he touches it, but to go even further, i suggest a standing ovation when he goes to the middle to flip the coin as a way of showing that we reocgnise just how much he has given to the club. And then keep the ovation going until he gets his first touch (3 seconds into thr match of course).

Agains, we are in oretty dark times and this is a small thing that actually might help change the mindset of the players. If we cam get 40,000 odd supporters roaring support for the captain we might just help him get up for a trademark big game and we knownuust how m much impact that can have (against a Melbourne team without Oliver too... it is a juicy target).

Definitely need some height to come in as I don't think we can use JSOS as second ruck against Gawn & Grundy. I personally would be highly tempted to give Mirkov a run and play him in the square up forward for a bit as well as a bail out option. Charlie roams the forward line and Harry plays as a true centre half forward and as the linkman Might be a fair bit off still but might serve a purpose this week. Hopefully have no injuries during the game and sub him out for a runner 3 quarter time.

Out - Pittonet, Hewitt, Newman, Durdin, Holland (inj) McGovern (omit)
In - Mirkov, Silvagni (defence), Fisher, Binns, Dow, Cincotta

Definitely need some height to come in as I don't think we can use JSOS as second ruck against Gawn & Grundy. I personally would be highly tempted to give Mirkov a run and play him in the square up forward for a bit as well as a bail out option. Charlie roams the forward line and Harry plays as a true centre half forward and as the linkman Might be a fair bit off still but might serve a purpose this week. Hopefully have no injuries during the game and sub him out for a runner 3 quarter time.

Out - Pittonet, Hewitt, Newman, Durdin, Holland (inj) McGovern (omit)
In - Mirkov, Silvagni (defence), Fisher, Binns, Dow, Cincotta
I'm with ya.....UNLEASH THE MIRK!!!
Why not though...it's his 3rd season at the club, so at some stage we need to give him a run in the big time to find out if he can actually play.
Who knows...he may even give out mids first use.

Surprised Cerra got off but happy with it.
I hope we select Young instead of JSOS as second ruck. It will be the Collingwood second quarter all over again with Jack against Gawn/Grundy.

Pittonet -> Young
Hollands -> Binns
Newman -> Cincotta
Durdin -> Fisher
Hewett -> E. Curnow (let's be realistic, it won't be Dow)
O'Brien Sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not though...it's his 3rd season at the club, so at some stage we need to give him a run in the big time to find out if he can actually play.
It might have to be a package deal... Mirkov might need Dow, as a kind of support-animal in the seniors!

I'm all for that too, and them being predictable to each other... but I'd also just be happy to see something different at our clearance/stoppage. If it's [even] worse, well, at least we'll learn something...

This is the team to win against Deez, not because of the magnets but because of the new tactics
  • Play Harry up the ground, we need his marking and stop sitting him and Charlie two kicks off the ball, Harry and a marking half forward (Cottrell or Silvagni) need to be the getout kick from defense, not the frigging misfit forward pockets who get outmarked
  • Play Docherty on the ball, nah stuff this, roll the dice and let’s attack, let’s go with Dow on the ball and play Doch back
  • Play Young as we need height this week in defense, maybe he rucks in the back line, Harry ruck in the forward line (stuff him, he doesnt get a pass mark until he starts kicking goals), Silvagni takes the odd ruck contest in the middle, we need his desperation up forward, TDK I didnt rate up forward but …
  • Get rid of Zone defense, when opposition exits their d50 the forwards and midfield need to man up and force the opposition to kick to contests to stop the easy transitions.

Out: Hollands (inj), Newman (inj), Hewett (inj), C Durdin (inj), Pittonet (inj), Ed Curnow (sub, omit), Coach Crazy Stubborn Vossy
In: Binns, Young, Dow, Fisher, Silvagni, Cincotta (sub), SuperCoach Michael

Coach: Michael “I have a Cunning Plan B” Voss
B: Gov, Young, Boyd
HB: Saad, Weitering, Docherty
C: Acres, Cripps, Binns
HF: Silvagni, Harry, Cottrell
F: Motlop, C Curnow, Owies
Fol: TDK, Cerra, Walsh

Int: Kennedy (M), Kemp (D), Dow (M), Fisher (F)

Sub: Cincotta
Emg: Ed Curnow, LOB

It might have to be a package deal... Mirkov might need Dow, as a kind of support-animal in the seniors!

I'm all for that too, and them being predictable to each other... but I'd also just be happy to see something different at our clearance/stoppage. If it's [even] worse, well, at least we'll learn something...
LOVE IT!!!

For those of us who are VFL watchers, we see the Mirk feed the ball down Paddy's throat countless times in stoppages without missing a stride. It's a double act - bring them both in and let 'em cut loose. Poor ol' Maxy won't know what hit him!!!

C'mon Vossy, we want the Mirk!!

Surprised Cerra got off but happy with it.
I hope we select Young instead of JSOS as second ruck. It will be the Collingwood second quarter all over again with Jack against Gawn/Grundy.

Pittonet -> Young
Hollands -> Binns
Newman -> Cincotta
Durdin -> Fisher
Hewett -> E. Curnow (let's be realistic, it won't be Dow)
O'Brien Sub.

Yep I agree with these changes - I can see Jack coming in but Young probably safer as the second ruck. Dow no chance with Cerra and Cripps still playing along with Kennedy. Excited about Binns - he should have come in a week or two ago and saved Hollands the injury but fate had other ideas. not sure about the sub - too many moving pieces right now but it’s unlikely LOB.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

IMO not the week to do it against two of the very best ruckmen in the competition. They would destroy the poor kid. That said I really hope we do not go back to using SOS as a relief ruck. I’d prefer we recall Young to be second ruck. I wouldn’t mind a positional swap of SOS and Gov although I doubt Voss will actually do it.

Motlop too must also be close to getting dropped IMO but probably gets a reprieve with Durds injured. As much as Binns has been playing well in the 2s I’m not sure this is the game to debut him so I’d bring in LOB. With Cerra free to play I’d still make Dow the sub, but I reckon Voss will go with Ed which is just ridiculous.

In: Dow, Fisher, Silvagni, Cincotta, O’Brien, Young

Out: Hewett, Newman, Hollands, Pittonet, CDurdin (injured), E Curnow (omitted)

Saad, Weitering, Kemp
Boyd, Silvagni, Docherty
Acres, Cripps, Cottrell
Owies, McKay, Fisher
McGovern, C Curnow, Motlop
TDK, Cerra, Walsh
O’Brien, Young, Cincotta, Kennedy
Dow (sub)

LOVE IT!!!

For those of us who are VFL watchers, we see the Mirk feed the ball down Paddy's throat countless times in stoppages without missing a stride. It's a double act - bring them both in and let 'em cut loose. Poor ol' Maxy won't know what hit him!!!

C'mon Vossy, we want the Mirk!!

I heard that Mirkov is actual a robot that Dow made to practice clearance, he just hasn’t installed the software upgrade for around the ground movement & kicking.
Given who we are coming up against it would be awesome for Mirkovs development to play against Gawn.
He’s going to cop a bath, but it would be hard to find a better learning experience for him.

I heard that Mirkov is actual a robot that Dow made to practice clearance, he just hasn’t installed the software upgrade for around the ground movement & kicking.
Given who we are coming up against it would be awesome for Mirkovs development to play against Gawn.
He’s going to cop a bath, but it would be hard to find a better learning experience for him.
Probably not going to win this one so why not put a bit of development time in for some of the vfl players. See what they got and give them some valuable experience.

Probably not going to win this one so why not put a bit of development time in for some of the vfl players. See what they got and give them some valuable experience.
100%, I think it pretty safe to say that it’s questionable that Mirkov will get at to AFL standard.
Giving him a massive opportunity to learn could be the thing that sparks a step up in his approach & kick starts his development again (he’s definitely gotten better but it’s been a slow curve).
Give him his support animal - anyone who watch’s the VFL will tell u Dow basically tells him what to do & then he pretty much does it. He’s always around supporting the bloke too (worth noting Dow does use himself as a decoy at times & will block for others to change the clearance structure).
And to those who say Mirkov will cop a bath & lose confidence - F*** That! It happens!
Some people are just better than u, u man up and learn from it, u look at what they do, u ask questions! (I 100% believe that if he called Max after the game & had a chat he’d actually help him)
no better place to learn than from someone who is just straight out better at the same role as you.
If your not a sook it’s an awesome opportunity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back