Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowSam Docherty
Forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraEd Curnow
Interchange:Matthew CottrellMatthew KennedyJesse Motlop
Lewis Young
Emergencies:Lachie CowanPaddy DowLachie Fogarty
Jack Silvagni

Last edited:
His demise is strange. One can speculate about ego playing a role. His one wood has stayed exactly the same its not like he got figured out all of a sudden.

It seems like the want is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Without knowing his average CBA attendances for the last few seasons and this my first guess is he's being beaten up because we dont rotate him forward anymore and probably didn't much last season either tbh but he hit a wall even in the Brownlow season - dunno. Don't want it to be attitude, it's almost too much of a dip for just some lost form.
IIRC it turned out his last form dip a couple of years ago coincided with his partner facing some health challenges. Hope that's not the case this time.

Could Marchbank come in to release Gov to ply forward taking jsos role?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He could and his notoriously slow ball movement would probably appeal to Voss atm.
Not sure he’s the answer if we have any intention of getting with the current, modern program.
McGovern has the tools but is unfortunately playing with the wrong motivations …

Marchbank is the “Bradman” of slow ball movement.
He’ll be first picked on Thursday night …
You’re going too hard on him Red Bull. He’s not Bruce Doull, but he’s an elite intercept defender. If slow ball movement is his biggest issue I’ll gladly take that for the other positives he can add, especially releasing Gov or Kemp forward

You’re going too hard on him Red Bull. He’s not Bruce Doull, but he’s an elite intercept defender. If slow ball movement is his biggest issue I’ll gladly take that for the other positives he can add, especially releasing Gov or Kemp forward

Well i suppose he’s got the rest of the season to stake a claim for a place on the list next year.
Good luck to him …

Unfortunately it will be 1-2 more weeks before this structure can be implemented ( fingers crossed on injury) - but tI think these changes bring Carlton back to genuine finals quality across the ground - (looking at opposition goal posts)

FF: Jack Silvagni Harry Martin
HF: Cuningham Charlie Honey

C: Acres Cerra Walsh
F: TDK Cripps Hewett

Cincotta McGovern Saad
Marchbank Weitering Kemp

IC: Dow Docherty Young Boyd Sub: Cottrell

#1. Addition of Cuningham and Martin lifts forward line to AFL standard at worst - by including genuine leg speed and finishing polish combined with contested ball ability - I think Honey should be played as a HFF to use his running power and tackling ability and natural attacking game I prefer his game to Fisher/Owies/Motlop

#2. I would play Young as a second ruck defensive rotation and I would play TDK as ruck /forwad rotation

Whilst Kennedy is out I would play Dow as a mid rotation, Docherty as a defense /mid rotation and Boyd as a defensive wing rotation.

#3. I would add Marchbank in ASAP in order to have genuine intercepting capability all through the backline ( Marchbank/Kemp/McGovern/Weitering ) Cincotta/Saad/Boyd have enough run in them to balance things out.

I think these changes massively increase the skill level, run and genuine pressure that the team can exert back middle and forward.

Notes: I am keeping Docherty in the side as a swing mid/defender not based on his current form. I am putting Jack in a forward pcoket to KEEP HARRY AWAY from left hand side of our forward fifty. I am using Yioung for his height as a second ruck and marking target as a resting body in teh forwards or defender if required. I put Cerra in as the boss of teh midfield because he is teh bloke that is playing that role anyway.

Finally I can rid the side of the worst defenders and proven not up to it smaller players : Fisher/Owies/Motlop/LoB and using Cottrell as teh sub.

I reckon this side would have won the last 5 matches.:moustache:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Cuningham looked pretty good. Certainly cleaner than most of the guys playing 1's.
He can’t even lay a tackle, he’s way off it for me. His conditioning looks great as opposed to Martin who ran out of gas after 5 minutes but he can’t tackle so I don’t know how he’ll cope with the speed of afl knowing his arm is hindering him.

Fish was poor again, always had his back in previous seasons. Not any more, he is too small, not really quick. Does not impact on the scoreboard. Surely he will be dropped. I think he is the one that they overlooked.
Imagine if we'd traded him 2 or 3 years ago...
23 player for the match sounds right to me. Last time i checked there were 23 players for each club named for the game. So how many players do you think need to be named?
Nominate a sub if you want to do that.
Can win this if we improve our kicking into F50. Martin and O’Brien key to this.
Martin had 18 disposals yesterday, 16 were handpasses and he struggled to accelerate.
I think despite the 3 revenant (cunners marchbank &marin) being underdone we need risk them to give this team a jolt. The team has near zero confidence and is on threshold that wont be easy to come back from if we dont win this.

Without the additions i dont think the team can get up for this.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Marchbank is good to go, Cunningham is restricted but building, Martin is way off right now.

Taking risks like this is exactly how our list wound up this shot to pieces in the first place.
He could and his notoriously slow ball movement would probably appeal to Voss atm.
Not sure he’s the answer if we have any intention of getting with the current, modern program.
McGovern has the tools but is unfortunately playing with the wrong motivations …
Marchbank? Slow ball movement? Since when??

The worst argument you can make is he tries too much to run and carry, but he's always moving or moving the ball on.

He can’t even lay a tackle, he’s way off it for me. His conditioning looks great as opposed to Martin who ran out of gas after 5 minutes but he can’t tackle so I don’t know how he’ll cope with the speed of afl knowing his arm is hindering him.
Don’t think our forwards are laying tackles, are they?

I'm thinking that since the club didn't elect to have surgery they are prepared to carry a mid who can run, move through traffic and kick pretty well even though his tackling might be sub par.

Also, he may have chosen not to tackle yesterday (stats have him at 3 tackles).

I think they'll pick him, otherwise what's the point of not going for surgery?

I'm thinking that since the club didn't elect to have surgery they are prepared to carry a mid who can run, move through traffic and kick pretty well even though his tackling might be sub par.

Also, he may have chosen not to tackle yesterday (stats have him at 3 tackles).

I think they'll pick him, otherwise what's the point of not going for surgery?
It’s Murphy 2.0

Bombers will pull our pants down and laugh

Thankfully I wont be in the country to witness it in person

What a disappointing season. Has Melbourne 2019 vibes but we aren’t coming off a prelim loss from the previous year.

Bombers will pull our pants down and laugh

Thankfully I wont be in the country to witness it in person

What a disappointing season. Has Melbourne 2019 vibes but we aren’t coming off a prelim loss from the previous year.

But we almost made finals in ‘22. Pats on the back for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back