Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowSam Docherty
Forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraEd Curnow
Interchange:Matthew CottrellMatthew KennedyJesse Motlop
Lewis Young
Emergencies:Lachie CowanPaddy DowLachie Fogarty
Jack Silvagni

Last edited:
Ah yes, during the time in which Cottrell was 'busy' and Fisher was 'energetic'. I'm sure neither of them took away space for him to utilise without producing anything.

1. He's still doing more running than Fisher ever will, and gets to the right areas both offensively and defensively
2. He's a better disposer to a moving target than Cottrell will ever be
3. He's always been a touch player, and tends to have an early shank while still trying for a precise kick... his history of knee and ankle problems lean into this as well

Tell me a better high half forward option on our list right now that's fit? Ideally, he Martin, and Cuningham would terrorise defences and we'd have Durdin, Motlop and Owies in the reserves developing craft in various positions/roles, but that's even more of a pipe dream than what you're labelling O'Brien as.
JFC :rolleyes:

LOB couldn't terrorise a defence with an AK-47 & suicide vest.

He was a massive reach at #10, wasn't on some club's draft board at all, and shouldn't be on any AFL club's list in 2024.

He was a massive reach at #10, wasn't on some club's draft board at all, and shouldn't be on any AFL club's list in 2024.
He was a top 30 pick every day of the week, I don't care what some renegade nitwits in a toxic culture thought of his weaker points.

He was a top 30 pick every day of the week, I don't care what some renegade nitwits in a toxic culture thought of his weaker points.
Well, the Pies recruiter I spoke to the day after the 2017 draft thought his weaker points were;
  • He's got an over-inflated opinion of himself who interviewed really poorly
  • Can't win his own ball
  • Poor defensively
The Pies are currently top of the ladder and we've got a top 10 pick that couldn't get a kick in a karate fight.

So, by all means, please tell me more about renegade nitwits in toxic cultures.

Well, the Pies recruiter I spoke to the day after the 2017 draft thought his weaker points were;
  • He's got an over-inflated opinion of himself who interviewed really poorly
  • Can't win his own ball
  • Poor defensively
The Pies are currently top of the ladder and we've got a top 10 pick that couldn't get a kick in a karate fight.

So, by all means, please tell me more about renegade nitwits in toxic cultures.
Swans wanted him as their first choice at 12 or whatever they were.

They’re piling up but don’t think we’re going to see movement one way or another on Vossy this season.

We desperately need to up-skill our players and quickly. Should be implementing a new program in drumming into our squad elite disposal (+ some sprint training).
sunday footy show showed some footage where we dont take the game on...used the lack of use of saad as an example where he runs past anticipating a handball but gets burnt. If we pass it to saad he then has free players up ahead to offload to. However we slow it right down and by then our forwards are manned up closely.

These arent skill errors. Its part of the game plan. it should be instinctive to handpass it to a running team mate. It gets the ball moving fast and oppo defenders get caught out. you get more looks.

sunday footy show showed some footage where we dont take the game on...used the lack of use of saad as an example where he runs past anticipating a handball but gets burnt. If we pass it to saad he then has free players up ahead to offload to. However we slow it right down and by then our forwards are manned up closely.

These arent skill errors. Its part of the game plan. it should be instinctive to handpass it to a running team mate. It gets the ball moving fast and oppo defenders get caught out. you get more looks.

You are takin the pizz surely?

Hey, don’t spoil the ep for me (watch later on a Sunday).

The same Saad that runs to receive on his wrong side… We’re certainly not getting the same drive out of him this year but I think some of that falls on Adam himself along with all our players (will to win more so than effort & the deplorable skills on show).

Hey, don’t spoil the ep for me (watch later on a Sunday).

The same Saad that runs to receive on his wrong side… We’re certainly not getting the same drive out of him this year but I think some of that falls on Adam himself along with all our players (will to win more so than effort & the deplorable skills on show).
I think it was the 1st quarter… we had a mark in the centre square. Saad runs past for the handball and is totally burned. Last year that ball gets given and we get it inside 50… quick!

Where I was sitting, we all looked at each other after that and moaned.

We had two goals to half time… it’s the reason I left the match then. It was more fun playing pool across the road and watching the pathetic 2nd half on the TV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope.

We used to use saad nearly every time he ran past.

Recently, hes been getting burnt. In my mind that is instructional. We obviously dont want to play on quickly.

What else can be...coincidence?

Maybe they don’t like the woof….

I think it was STK this year who were the 1st to really pressure / target Saad to prevent his run. It hasn’t been the same since.

Should never play another game for Carlton until he is comfortable with his head over the ball. That will never happen. Supposedly a great kick yet shanks them more often than not despite most of his kicks being in open space or behind the mark.

How good would Zac Bailey or Ed Richards be right about now.

Maybe they don’t like the woof….

I think it was STK this year who were the 1st to really pressure / target Saad to prevent his run. It hasn’t been the same since.

Saad didn’t play against the Saints. It was Keays and the Crows who really sat on him and nullified his run.

The hammy wouldn’t have helped, he is not dashing off or finding space near as much.

Saad didn’t play against the Saints. It was Keays and the Crows who really sat on him and nullified his run.

The hammy wouldn’t have helped, he is not dashing off or finding space near as much.

Yep, that was it. A pretty quick recovery from the hammy but hasn’t rediscovered any patch of form.

Too many players not performing as required - luckily (mostly) everyone is safe as houses & signed up.

And for this week;
  • Give Binns his debut (not sub)
  • Give Dow a full game
  • Mix it up fwd of centre
  • Give Cunners 1 more game in the ressies
Give Binns the sub role at the very least.
Love the way he accumulates possessions and his first instinct is to move the ball rapidly into F50 like Dow, but obviously the coach doesn't want to encourage this reckless behaviour.

Crippa copped a massive knee in the back about 3 games ago,cant remember the game but it was a nasty one. So possible.
I hate these injury excuses for continual poor form, reminds me too much like last season.
If a player is struggling to train and perform to their usual level, give someone else a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back