Preview 2023 Rd 14 Carlton vs Gold Coast Sunday June 18 1:10PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Even when free they’re missing targets.

I could see Voss dropping them because that's what he does. But how do we go without them? That's right, no better.

These guys have heart and they aren't the druids you're looking for.

Not sure why JSOS and Kennedy should be on the list for the early start.
Because if pittonet and tdk both play there is no place for Jack. Great endeavour but rarely has any influence on a game. Clearly we need to get quicker. Maybe he could play down back instead of Young if he had the right match up.

I'm a big Matty Kennedy fan and could argue that he has been used poorly however he's another that hasn't influenced a game for a fair while. If Hewett, Dow and cuningham come in as midfielders then some have to make way.

Dow has averaged < 10 possessions in the past couple of weeks - badly out of form so chance that he will be dropped...:rolleyes:

We can only hope the match committee will be in sync with the playing group. They need to be unified.

I suspect in an attempt to drop Dow, they'll miss and drop Cripps instead.

Because if pittonet and tdk both play there is no place for Jack. Great endeavour but rarely has any influence on a game. Clearly we need to get quicker. Maybe he could play down back instead of Young if he had the right match up.

I'm a big Matty Kennedy fan and could argue that he has been used poorly however he's another that hasn't influenced a game for a fair while. If Hewett, Dow and cuningham come in as midfielders then some have to make way.
And JSOS as a forward is not a gold kicker. Such poor conversion (not alone but not offering enough elsewhere).

Simple. Hewett doesn't need to come in at all. He's done nothing all season and shown about a tenth of the endeavour that Kennedy does as far as progressing the ball.

De Koning has kicked 2 goals, 2 behinds this season and taken 7 contested marks. He has 1 goal assists, 18 clearances. He averages 11 disposals per game.
Silvagni has kicked 8 goals, 11 behinds this season and taken 8 contested marks. He has 8 goal assists, 16 clearances. He averages 13 disposals per game.

Are we really rating TDK higher on the basis of him getting more taps when he is one of lowest % of taps to advantage ruckmen in the comp?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saad Weitering Kemp
Docherty McGovern Cincotta
Walsh Kennedy Binns
Silvagni Curnow Cottrell
Owies McKay Martin
Pittonet Cripps Cerra
Boyd Acres Dow Cuningham
Sub: Fogarty/Fisher

I would love to find more changes but we have **** all going on in the 2s.

If Hewett is straight back in or if Ed plays again, not happy.

Hewett plays 2s.
Would like to drop DeKoning but Young is already going out for being soft and we can't play Jack second ruck.

Ed did a great job on Merrett in the first half, but there is no point to him playing any more.
Season is over and he will retire at the end of the year. No point tagging anyone now. Let's give Dow his last chance instead.

Would like to play Marchy but his "rest" probably means an injury relapse.

In - Dow, Cuningham, Binns, Pittonet
Out - E. Curnow, Owies, Young, Silvagni

B - Saad Weitering Kemp
HB - Docherty McGovern Cincotta
C - Acres Cripps Binns
HF - Martin McKay Cuningham
F - DeKoning Curnow Motlop
R - Pittonet Walsh Cerra
I - Cottrell Kennedy Dow Boyd
S - Fisher

De Koning has kicked 2 goals, 2 behinds this season and taken 7 contested marks. He has 1 goal assists, 18 clearances. He averages 11 disposals per game.
Silvagni has kicked 8 goals, 11 behinds this season and taken 8 contested marks. He has 8 goal assists, 16 clearances. He averages 13 disposals per game.

Are we really rating TDK higher on the basis of him getting more taps when he is one of lowest % of taps to advantage ruckmen in the comp?

Point well made.

TDK tap work is abysmal and his around the ground work is even worse. Another bonus tonight was his abiltiy to conisistently get in McKay's way.

Silvagni struggles to negate the impact of the opposition ruck. He can't be a long-term answer as a backup ruck either.

Limited sample size but I didn't mind the look of Young in the ruck, but prety sure he played himself out of the side tonight.

OUT: Cottrell, Boyd, Motlop (rest), E.Curnow (rest)
IN: Binns, Dow, O'Brien, Cuningham

SUB: Hewett

Binns is due and Dow is clearly able to contribute at this level. Cottrell is just too lacking when the ball movement is fluid from either team, while Boyd offers almost zero overlap run and no defensive coverage at ground level despite being a smaller player with an elite kick. They can both go back to the VFL and work on that.

O'Brien is worth a try as a forward link, just give him all the targets you'd have given Fisher a month ago, while Cuningham is a given. Motlop and Ed are out of gas right now.

If Kennedy is looking cooked, bring in Cowan and send Kemp forward, where he and Jack can split time up there and in the midfield rotation. Bring Hewett back through as sub to confirm he has his fitness level and touch back to where they should be.

Hewett plays 2s.
Would like to drop DeKoning but Young is already going out for being soft and we can't play Jack second ruck.

Ed did a great job on Merrett in the first half, but there is no point to him playing any more.
Season is over and he will retire at the end of the year. No point tagging anyone now. Let's give Dow his last chance instead.

Would like to play Marchy but his "rest" probably means an injury relapse.

In - Dow, Cuningham, Binns, Pittonet
Out - E. Curnow, Owies, Young, Silvagni

B - Saad Weitering Kemp
HB - Docherty McGovern Cincotta
C - Acres Cripps Binns
HF - Martin McKay Cuningham
F - DeKoning Curnow Motlop
R - Pittonet Walsh Cerra
I - Cottrell Kennedy Dow Boyd
S - Fisher
Ed to Rowell?

Out: De Koning, Young, E Curnow, Martin, Cottrell, Motlop, Cripps
In: Pittonet, Cuningham, Binns, Dow, Marchbank, Cowan, Fogarty

B: Cincotta Weitering Kemp
HB: Docherty Marchbank Saad
C: Binns Kennedy Acres
HF: Walsh C Curnow Cuningham
F: Owies McKay Silvagni
Foll: Pittonet Cerra Dow

Int: Boyd McGovern Cowan Fogarty

Sub: Cripps
Never thought I'd ever have to say this based on performance but yep - time for Cripps to be given a reality check and maybe ask his manager whether either of WC or Freo are interested - Carlton happy to pay half his salary for a couple of years - also add Docherty to the list that was a big miss there on your part enough is enough AFIAC and has been for about 12 months-time to give blokes like Cowan a decent run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back