Preview 2023 Rd 21 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday August 6 3:20PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 changes

IN: Fisher
OUT: Cerra (hamstring), McGovern (hamstring)

After starting last weekend as sub, Paddy Dow has been elevated into the starting side.

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaCaleb MarchbankAdam Saad
Centreline:Sam DochertyPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowZac Fisher
Forwards:Jesse MotlopMarc PittonetMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningGeorge HewettPaddy Dow
Interchange:Blake AcresMatthew CottrellDavid Cuningham
Lachie Fogarty
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsEd CurnowSam Durdin
Josh Honey

Haven't heard anything as yet, but with a resting TDK, we have 8 forwards, unless Cuners or Fish play fulltime mid and Doc goes back
I'm hoping Fisher plays significant midfield minutes. Will complement Cripps/Hewett/Dow with Walsh/Cerra not there.

Interesting setup, going with 6 defenders plus Doc

Looks like Doc will play in front of the last line of defenders, Hollands, Acres, Cotts rotating wings

Cuners and Fish spending more time in the middle

But, still think Durdin comes in

So Fish and Dow getting full games as midfielders? Interesting.

Hoping for the best but it doesn't instill confidence on paper.

Fish and Dow aren't the best runners or the strongest...quite a downgrade on Walsh and Cerra or Cerra and Doc.

Haven't heard anything as yet, but with a resting TDK, we have 8 forwards, unless Cuners or Fish play fulltime mid and Doc goes back
We’re definitely a defender down; I think Marchbank still allows us to play the 3 tall structure that’s been working but not sure what the plan is to cover the missing extra.

Assuming no late out, either Doc goes back and Cuningham, Fog, Fisher, etc. play increased midfield minutes or are we going to do something weird like player Fisher in the sweeping role across HBF he’s occasionally played in the VFL?

Just seem a defender short; would hate us to rob another position when everything has just clicked, but that’s the impact of injuries I suppose..

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Saints have gone tall, banking on our midfield being depleted and stretching our shorter defense with quality inside 50 entries...

our mids will have to work their arses off to cover the losses, but if they can break even, can see some very fast rebound goals for us

Locking it in our front half will be key too I guess. Backing in Fish to pressure and get off the chain for a couple

On SM-A235F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm hoping Fisher plays significant midfield minutes. Will complement Cripps/Hewett/Dow with Walsh/Cerra not there.
He will if he brings the same kind of team pressure and team 1st mentality that we've been building. Deserves a chance to show it.

We’re definitely a defender down; I think Marchbank still allow us to play the 3 tall structure that’s been working but not sure what the plan is to cover the missing extra.

Assuming no late out, either Doc goes back and Cuningham, Fog, Fisher, etc. play increased midfield minutes or are we’re going to do something weird like player Fisher in the sweeping role across HBF he’s occasionally played in the VFL?

Just seem a defender short; would hate us to rob another position when everything has just clicked, but that’s the impact of injuries I suppose..

We are plugging gaps for sure.

I'd say Saints are missing Howard, Membrey, Ross and probably Jones from their best 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back