Preview 2023 Rd 21 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday August 6 3:20PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 changes

IN: Fisher
OUT: Cerra (hamstring), McGovern (hamstring)

After starting last weekend as sub, Paddy Dow has been elevated into the starting side.

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaCaleb MarchbankAdam Saad
Centreline:Sam DochertyPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowZac Fisher
Forwards:Jesse MotlopMarc PittonetMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningGeorge HewettPaddy Dow
Interchange:Blake AcresMatthew CottrellDavid Cuningham
Lachie Fogarty
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsEd CurnowSam Durdin
Josh Honey

We’re definitely a defender down; I think Marchbank still allows us to play the 3 tall structure that’s been working but not sure what the plan is to cover the missing extra.

Assuming no late out, either Doc goes back and Cuningham, Fog, Fisher, etc. play increased midfield minutes or are we going to do something weird like player Fisher in the sweeping role across HBF he’s occasionally played in the VFL?

Just seem a defender short; would hate us to rob another position when everything has just clicked, but that’s the impact of injuries I suppose..

Could we play TDK back at times as the chop out 7th defender or if they load up with talls?

Not rapt with Fisher. I'm going to have to see some substance behind his pressure acts and tackling to be convinced he fits.

Now that he's in, back him in to play well.
Hopefully Fish comes in to swoop and break lines, with Cunners flying thru as well the movement could be scary if Crippa & Dow can feed them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Fish and Dow getting full games as midfielders? Interesting.

Hoping for the best but it doesn't instill confidence on paper.

Fish and Dow aren't the best runners or the strongest...quite a downgrade on Walsh and Cerra or Cerra and Doc.
Fish & Dow work well together, as long as Fish isn’t trying to win his own ball, they can cause some damage.
They played a few games in the 2s where they tore the game apart, Dow was getting him the ball into space far enough out side the contest that he had time to steady & deliver it well. Forward set up will be crucial, we need to make the forward line huge & present options, not be lazy & just sag towards Charlie.

Fish & Dow work well together, as long as Fish isn’t trying to win his own ball, they can cause some damage.
They played a few games in the 2s where they tore the game apart, Dow was getting him the ball into space far enough out side the contest that he had time to steady & deliver it well. Forward set up will be crucial, we need to make the forward line huge & present options, not be lazy & just sag towards Charlie.
I hope that both Fisher and Dow are able to come into the team and play a role for us, not expecting them to star. I have to admit that seeing both of them in the starting 22 doesn't inspire me with great confidence. I'll back the team as a whole to do it's job, not having to rely too much on individuals. Just play as we have been and we should be fine.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lyon isn't trying to goad us in to picking the extra tall, then switching out King for a small-mid late. Might be a bit of cat-and-mouse with late changes either way.

I would be upset if we were hunting them, rather than the other way around

I hope that both Fisher and Dow are able to come into the team and play a role for us, not expecting them to star. I have to admit that seeing both of them in the starting 22 doesn't inspire me with great confidence. I'll back the team as a whole to do it's job, not having to rely too much on individuals. Just play as we have been and we should be fine.
So do I, thought Fish was pretty much done & he hasn’t impressed me in the 2s. Hoping for a Mots like second coming - he’s been amazing since dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back