Preview 2023 Rd 21 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday August 6 3:20PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 changes

IN: Fisher
OUT: Cerra (hamstring), McGovern (hamstring)

After starting last weekend as sub, Paddy Dow has been elevated into the starting side.

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaCaleb MarchbankAdam Saad
Centreline:Sam DochertyPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowZac Fisher
Forwards:Jesse MotlopMarc PittonetMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningGeorge HewettPaddy Dow
Interchange:Blake AcresMatthew CottrellDavid Cuningham
Lachie Fogarty
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsEd CurnowSam Durdin
Josh Honey

I'm nervous about this as always, though mindful of pissing Arr0w off I can say that both Sinjin Snr and Jnr think we have this.

I'm more nervous than last week because of the weight of expectation and now with McG out who provides so much drive and works so well in tandem with Weitering. If we pull this off, by any amount, then I truly believe we are finals bound. It will really show the mental fortitude of the players and Vossy. St Kilda will clamp down on Crippa so Hewett needs a big one and I really hope Dow shows us all what he is capable of. I believe he has it.

Keep bringing the immense pressure boys, Lyon will have a plan but I reckon his players might melt if we bring the same intensity we have brought in the last six weeks. If you make a mistake a miss kick or whatever, forget it and go again, keep playing daring footy.
Forgive my curiosity Sinjin. Is Sinjin snr your father and Sinjin jnr your son? If so are you Sinjin middle?

☺️

Motlop only retuned to the team after a month in the 2s. After returning his pressure and tackling has been excellent.

I'm hopeful that Fisher has only been brought back after meeting the standards required.

Players like Motlop can't survive in a side that plays safe and lacks intensity.

It's the way the team is playing that has Motlop travelling well IMO, not his time in the reserves.

He's a cream player and the rest of the side is the cake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Hawks just beat the Pies by more than we did. Does that mean we are not as good as we think or Hawks are just awesome? 🤔
Pies haven't scored more than 80 against the Hawks I think 7 in a row now and have lost 3 of the last 6 to them too. Just a bogey team mixed with what's likely a mini pre season for the pies as they gear up for finals.

Looks like you guys around the level of the Hawks? 😀
And, there it is.
GIF by FirstAndMonday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back