Preview 2023 Rd 21 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday August 6 3:20PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 changes

IN: Fisher
OUT: Cerra (hamstring), McGovern (hamstring)

After starting last weekend as sub, Paddy Dow has been elevated into the starting side.

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaCaleb MarchbankAdam Saad
Centreline:Sam DochertyPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowZac Fisher
Forwards:Jesse MotlopMarc PittonetMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningGeorge HewettPaddy Dow
Interchange:Blake AcresMatthew CottrellDavid Cuningham
Lachie Fogarty
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsEd CurnowSam Durdin
Josh Honey

Seems a bridge too far with the players missing, especially Gov as it all starts from our more mobile defence.

A win here would truly be meritorious.

If injuries ultimately cost us a finals spot, that's on us as we should have banked more wins when we did have most of our players available.

It is so tight for finals spots. Who would have thought we'd still be battling and go into this game out of the 8 after beating the Power and Pies in recent weeks?

I'm putting my faith in Cripps, Hewett, Docherty, Weitering and Charlie to lead the rest of the side to victory. Saad and Newman will be leaders too.

I don't understand why they're persisting with Naicos as an inside mid. He can kind of do it to an ok level but his skill set and weapons are suited to an outside wing role.
They have Mitchell, Pendles, Taylor, Crisp and JDG to play inside.

Because they've got carried away thinking he's the messiah and is the best player they have no matter where he plays. He's starting to look like what he is at this stage of his career .... a highly skilled, light framed, average height utility type who will get pushed around for a bit.

Look at his possessions vs us last week. Did they have a lot of impact? Pies seems to be getting carried away trying to feed him a Brownlow.

Mate. It's worked for every other player. We should be giving blokes like Fisher a go with the new systems in place. Might find he goes back to the Fisher of last season. Also, he performed best when given his shot in the middle last year, surely now with three regular mids out it's time to give him another run?

The only caveat I have to Fisher being able to work in this game plan is that the likes of Martin, Cuningham, Motlop have all shown some physicality in the past. It doesn't come natural to Fisher. I also doubt that LOB could come in and shine. Too tentative.

If anyone has any Extra tickets available for sale for Tom, give a shout out. (Ticket master allocation exhausted).
Thx

Jack Martin likes this post.
Every team needs and can carry a couple of cream players. You can't have too many though.
We're no longer Silvertop Cabs, licenced to carry 5 passengers.

I met a St Hilda supporter once. Yes only one ever..........(that speaks volumes)
Anyway if he hadnt mentioned his affliction I would have thought he was almost normal.
The only kind thing is to have them put down.

We had a Saints supporter at school (just the one) and one year one of our teachers was a Saints supporter so they would commiserate with each other but then the next year the teacher switched clubs (can’t remember if it was to Melbourne or Collingwood) and our classmate was WTF?!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cmon Baggers. Perfect chance to shut the naysayers who purport the narrative that we are expectation averse.
Just bloody win. Clear 5th awaits. Crack in and stick it up 'em.
Fisher! One job! Nothing too clever! Pressure mate, pressure.
Hewett to run with Sinclair.
Worried about Greshem though. He might just tear us apart :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cmon Baggers. Perfect chance to shut the naysayers who purport the narrative that we are expectation averse.
Just bloody win. Clear 5th awaits. Crack in and stick it up 'em.
Fisher! One job! Nothing too clever! Pressure mate, pressure.
Hewett to run with Sinclair.
Worried about Greshem though. He might just tear us apart :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

After the last couple weeks of “Gresham sucks!!!” posts… :D

I despise *, cheating stains on the competition.

But without doubt the team I despise the most next are these bunch of dickwads.

Can’t stand them, their supporters, their coach, their loser culture …. everything about them.

I’d prefer to remember them as I did when I was a kid, when Trevor Barker was playing. Always a good win with maybe a sensational mark by Barker.

Him, Baldock and Plugger are the only good that club has produced in 150 years …. Oh and beating the Filth by 1 point for their one and only premiership.

They hate us so much because they are the complete opposite.

****ing losers.

Please smash them boyzzzzzzzzz!

I despise *, cheating stains on the competition.

But without doubt the team I despise the most next are these bunch of dickwads.

Can’t stand them, their supporters, their coach, their loser culture …. everything about them.

I’d prefer to remember them as I did when I was a kid, when Trevor Barker was playing. Always a good win with maybe a sensational mark by Barker.

Him, Baldock and Plugger are the only good that club has produced in 150 years …. Oh and beating the Filth by 1 point for their one and only premiership.

They hate us so much because they are the complete opposite.

******* losers.

Please smash them boyzzzzzzzzz!

Win or lose today, they will always be arrogant for some reason. They have won three games against Top 8 opposition (Bulldogs/us/GWS) this year and it’s generous even calling it three wins against Top 8 opposition, considering only we were in the Top 8 when those games were played. Shit football club that will still be a shit football club whether we win by 100 points or lose by 100 points. It will only be one game out of 150 years of being losers. I reckon we will be sitting here in 10+ years discussing the same stuff about St Kilda.

I'd love to be feeling a little more optimistic about today's game.. but I look at our side and the holes on each line are getting bigger every week.

McGovern loss is significant. We're going in very small down back. Gave up a lot of marks close to goal last week which we haven't done all year. Potential to be worse this week without Gov.

Midfield rotations are starting to look pretty ordinary if Acres, Fisher, Hollands are doing regular time in there.

We're missing an option for the long bail out kick down the line. Pitto/TDK resting at CHF didn't seem to give us anything last week. McKay's the best in the business for this.

Forward line is TINY. Zac Fisher inclusion still puzzles me. Will be shocked if Honey is sub.. how many small forwards do you need!?

Need a massive bag from Charlie. A 3 vote game from Cripps. And the backline to stand up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back