Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagine lining up in the prophet line when god was assigning prophet roles, and it gets to you and you’re assigned as the Trade Prophet.

Like seriously, of all the things to be a prophet on, you end up with that.

For me, I’d want to be the Powerball Prophet, or the Supermodel Feels Compelled to Sleep with a Fat Guy Prophet.

Waaaay better than the bloody Trade Prophet.

We only want that future second for points anyway - we wouldn't be selecting a player with it. There's also the possibility of getting Sydney's F2, as Melbourne holds that as well after the Grundy trade.
I don't think we can make any assumptions on Welsh at this stage ....too early

Remember the rave reviews about Moir this time last year ......everyone saying we'd have to have a top 5 pick to have any hope of getting him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Gold Coast went into the trade period with 4335 points and have ended up with 4131 points plus two future first round picks

Pretty good dealing by them.
Very good positioning, they are getting ready for an assault on the top end talent in a very good draft.I hope our brainstrust is working on doing the same for next year

Imagine lining up in the prophet line when god was assigning prophet roles, and it gets to you and you’re assigned as the Trade Prophet.

Like seriously, of all the things to be a prophet on, you end up with that.

For me, I’d want to be the Powerball Prophet, or the Supermodel Feels Compelled to Sleep with a Fat Guy Prophet.

Waaaay better than the bloody Trade Prophet.
You are clearly undervaluing internet credit here.

This term gets thrown around too much for me.

Billy Frampton is a premiership player....

Doesn't all of a sudden make him Wayne Carey.

That is a fair point.

The biggest thing is that Melbourne really don't want to lose him and it's fairly well accepted that he might even be the difference in them winning a flag. Billy is not in that category.

I accept outside the experience it doesn't add much being a premiership player. Although compared to Mackay he is a miles better player and we know how much clubs were throwing at him.

So Gold Coast went into the trade period with 4335 points and have ended up with 4131 points plus two future first round picks

Pretty good dealing by them.
Better than that they have taken not wanted contract players off their list and reduced salary cap issues a bit. It appears the first smart year of business they have done in their AFL existence.

There's been multiple credible journalists who have said it was a real discussion.
You used credible and journalists in the same sentence. A little bit of wee came out
Adam Sandler Pee GIF

That is a fair point.

The biggest thing is that Melbourne really don't want to lose him and it's fairly well accepted that he might even be the difference in them winning a flag. Billy is not in that category.

I accept outside the experience it doesn't add much being a premiership player. Although compared to Mackay he is a miles better player and we know how much clubs were throwing at him.
I think the AFL world gets seduced by the new shiny thing at this time of the year.

Not sure paying the reported value for Petty is smart list management.

Petty is a good solid backman, but a million dollar superstar, he is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back