List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think Matho will be gone this season with no ready replacement. Maybe next season with Ashcroft and the academy players coming in. Good depth that's happy playing as depth is very hard to find.
Mathieson would be the last option of our depth mids now.

Robertson
Lyons
Tunstill
Mathieson

I’d probably add Sam Petrevski-Seaton and Jackson Hately as delisted players who would be better midfield options than Mathieson.

Great work, so reading this right there is GOLD in those late picks 41-59 and you're more likely to get a player there than the 21-40 range - on these statistics. Am I reading that right? (yes, trade, free agency and top 10 draft is where you want to be)

41-59 might be the late developers. Be interesting to plot that against age - guessing more birthdays late in the recruitment year than in the top 20.

Robertson
Lyons
Tunstill
Mathieson

I’d probably add Sam Petrevski-Seaton and Jackson Hately as delisted players who would be better midfield options than Mathieson.

I wouldn't be surprised to see SPS end up in the last spot on our list. Have been keen on him in the past. Has the talent but not the application - moving out of the bubble and into a supportive environment may help him grow as a person and footballer.

Seeing as the Dees don’t appear to want their later picks, I’d be trying for Fullerton plus picks 50 & 60, for picks 41 & 46.

41 & 46 might give us a chance to trade up for one of GC’s picks in the early 30’s.

IMG_1990.jpeg

Great work, so reading this right there is GOLD in those late picks 41-59 and you're more likely to get a player there than the 21-40 range - on these statistics. Am I reading that right? (yes, trade, free agency and top 10 draft is where you want to be)
Yes, you are reading it right.
I would not say gold as that group 41-59+ usually has a sprinkling of F/S, Academy players, plus players aged 20-26 years old.
But you can nail a good player if you get your homework right.
Have no idea what our Clubs line of thinking is or if they have a particular player in mind.
However, the Lions may be looking in this area depending on what happens with our present first pick being 28.
Maybe a player that is delisted late by their club rather than the ones delisted early.

Applications for the 2023 draft closes on the Monday 13/11/23 so there may be some decent mature age players that apply.
Thats about the range those type of players will be taken or in the rookie draft.

Robertson
Lyons
Tunstill
Mathieson

Oh my.

Sam Petrevski-Seton. Any softer he'd be a pillow.

Will make the recruitment of Cam Ellis-Yeolmen look like a raging success.

I do believe Freddy Mercury put it best...

Cy06 (1).gif

Oh my.

Sam Petrevski-Seton. Any softer he'd be a pillow.

Will make the recruitment of Cam Ellis-Yeolmen look like a raging success.

I do believe Freddy Mercury put it best...

View attachment 1829307
Never thought of Samo as soft.

He doesn’t have the speed to play off a flank, and always thought his natural position was on ball.

Whatever it takes, just get it done!

I mean, I'm as bored as anyone with our trade inaction. And while trading Hugh would give us good prospects of winning the trade period, I just can't agree with you Squizz89.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, I'm as board as anyone with our trade inaction. And while trading Hugh would give us good prospects of winning the trade period, I just can't agree with you Squizz89.

Rumour has it ZoBlitz is considering trading BRAB to the Demons for Danster.

So is he trying to punish Brab by sending him to the demons or us by bringing Danster here?

A poll of ' who would you rather have on your Board ... 1) Brab or 2) Danster' would be a runaway success ... on both boards!!!

So is he trying to punish Brab by sending him to the demons or us by bringing Danster here?

A poll of ' who would you rather have on your Board ... 1) Brab or 2) Danster' would be a runaway success ... on both boards!!!

I'm #teamdanster. About time we got some Dylan12 levels of negativity back on this board!

You may well be right but a statement with such authority like that needs some clarification. The floor is yours.
Can I guess.

We’ve made a commitment to Bruce Reville that we’re going to list him in either the rookie draft or via the SSP.

Sad Hbo GIF by SuccessionHBO

You didn't even tag Danster in your post, coward.

Has there been any interest in Rhys Mathieson? I thought North might have shown some. Losing Cunnington, Hall, and Ziebel strips them of experience. Mathieson could fill a need in the midfield for them. Clarkson could be interested knowing Mathieson has come from a solid culture and work ethic under Fagan.

Has there been any interest in Rhys Mathieson? I thought North might have shown some. Losing Cunnington, Hall, and Ziebel strips them of experience. Mathieson could fill a need in the midfield for them. Clarkson could be interested knowing Mathieson has come from a solid culture and work ethic under Fagan.

Unfortunately I don't think he is starting 23 at any club and could only really serve as depth for lower ranked teams. So the trade value to us would be nil, but I would be happy for him to get opportunity elsewhere and for the club to facilitate that for him. I think our team needs to move past him as depth (and I think it has anyway) and play some of the younger guys (eg Tunstill etc) if injury requires. It is a shame it didn't work out for Rhys. I don't think it was through lack of effort and he is clearly well-liked and respected amongst the playing group.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back