List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What a joke.

Fullerton plays in the Semi-Final against Melbourne in 2022. Fagan brings Gunston to the club. Gunston largely stinks it up. Fullerton doesn't get a senior game in 2023. Gunston asks to leave at the end of the season.

giphy.gif

Played Fages.

At least we can retire this image.

GFSyHa14MW3437.jpg

Fullarton not playing is a lot more to do with Tom than it is to do with Jack. Fort was the one Jack kept out of the side.

Sensible washup if he goes. We weren't winning any flags with him in the team looking at how the GF was played. And perhaps he presently sees his only role as a player.

Not sure it's the type of reset Mitch would be going for either.

So let's see.

Gunston cost us Pick 48 and a future fourth in the trade to get him to the Lions,12 months of denying another development time, salary cap impact, clogged one spot on the list, heartache to Fages, fan discontent... shal I go on. Not one of our finest moments trading wise.

Gunston cost us Pick 48 and a future fourth in the trade to get him to the Lions,12 months of denying another development time, salary cap impact, clogged one spot on the list, heartache to Fages, fan discontent... shal I go on. Not one of our finest moments trading wise.

Look at the bright side, Fagan has finally run out of the old Hawk connections with only Bruest left on their list.

He won't be going to that well for "adding more experience" anymore.

They kick it to him a lot and he still takes the ruck. But just think he's done overall and will deteriorate . Wasn't much use in the games they needed to win. Would be a backward move for a team like ours.

He'll be better than any third tall taking on ruck we had in our forward line and he'll be the no.1 contested mark in our forward line easily. I know it's not going to happen but Hawkins would be the exact big bodied, strong marking forward that will work perfectly in tandem with Daniher and Hipwood.

Imagine Daniher and Hipwood lead to wing, mark, wheel around and aim at Hawkins. Tantalising !

Going to be honest, nothing you've described here is a great loss. Don't rate the development options we had this year anyway, we only made 2 draft picks last year so pick 48 wouldn't have mattered, and a future fourth in this draft looks pretty pointless.

We've had far worse trading blunders than this, Beams and Tom Bell immediately come to mind. Don't tell BRAB but the deal where we swapped basti for Aish and somehow gave up pick 17 was pretty bad (I know we needed academy points that year, but even still) too.

He'll be better than any third tall taking on ruck we had in our forward line and he'll be the no.1 contested mark in our forward line easily. I know it's not going to happen but Hawkins would be the exact big bodied, strong marking forward that will work perfectly in tandem with Daniher and Hipwood.

Imagine Daniher and Hipwood lead to wing, mark, wheel around and aim at Hawkins. Tantalising !

I don't think they've announced his re-signing yet but all the reporting is that its pretty much done now.

A swap for Breust? Fages can go back to the well one last time.

3 years ago yes. If he can't get the free now he just scraggs. OK on space in the lead. I suppose they all are if your M/F is on top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Code sports CODE Sports

Brisbane forward Jack Gunston has expressed an interest in returning to Hawthorn.
The Lions are aware Gunston, 31, is exploring a trade home to Victoria after one season up north.

Brisbane has not made a decision on his future but wants to keep him.

Gunston was overlooked for selection in the finals and had questioned whether the Lions’ style suits his play.

Gunston played better in the second half of the year after stepping away from the senior side to complete a training block.

It is unclear whether Hawthorn wants the veteran back.

Gunston does not want to retire and is holidaying overseas.

fair few promising key forwards out of contract next year. if we are not thinking of drafting a project this year hope we are getting ready to have a swing for an ugle-hagan or mcdonald

Not sure we'd have the draft pick capital to do a big deal next year, with the review of academy and F/S bidding that has been reported will occur after this trade period.

I don't think they've announced his re-signing yet but all the reporting is that its pretty much done now.

One last hail mary to him.

"Yo Tom, we are looking to top up for a Premiership and you get to play alongside another two big forwards, we have a midfield in their prime kicking to you, we are a high scoring team too ! you get to bully Sam DeKoning and Mark Blicavs ! Interested??? "

Straight swap for Mitchell Lewis ;)

One last hail mary to him.

"Yo Tom, we are looking to top up for a Premiership and you get to play alongside another two big forwards, we have a midfield in their prime kicking to you, we are a high scoring team too ! you get to bully Sam DeKoning and Mark Blicavs ! Interested??? "
I'd still like to see us play Cam as full forward, and get someone that can play mid moments and forward time like Degoey/ Martin.
Aiming a bit high , but that type of player would be a big difference, unless , well Cam can get up to speed.
I think he can , but I wouldn't be counting on him in this role like we have been, not next year anyhow.
I do like the sound of TommaHawk taking those vise like grip contested marks for us, but it feels like we are one tall too many for our mix.

Gunston cost us Pick 48
We only took one more pick into the draft for points - pick 55. So he cost us the difference between 48 and 55.
and a future fourth
Clubs treat those like toilet paper.
in the trade to get him to the Lions,12 months of denying another development time,
I'd agree if we had anyone ready to go for seniors this year. Fort is the most likely candidate and I wouldn't argue he's a developing prospect.
salary cap impact, clogged one spot on the list,
Some agreement here.
heartache to Fages, fan discontent... shal I go on.
Fan discontent isn't a great reason, and I have a vested interest since I have to moderate you lot.
Not one of our finest moments trading wise.
Honestly we've lost bugger all for a season of nothing. It's like the Xav Clarke trade - gamble with low stakes. If it wasn't for the gnashing of teeth on here every time he got selected (in a season in which we still made the GF, so it's not like it cost us) no one would give this a second thought.

We only took one more pick into the draft for points - pick 55. So he cost us the difference between 48 and 55.

Clubs treat those like toilet paper.

I'd agree if we had anyone ready to go for seniors this year. Fort is the most likely candidate and I wouldn't argue he's a developing prospect.

Some agreement here.

Fan discontent isn't a great reason, and I have a vested interest since I have to moderate you lot.

Honestly we've lost bugger all for a season of nothing. It's like the Xav Clarke trade - gamble with low stakes. If it wasn't for the gnashing of teeth on here every time he got selected (in a season in which we still made the GF, so it's not like it cost us) no one would give this a second thought.

At absolute most, if you want to claim that playing Gunston cost us 2 wins (laughable), we lost out on being able to whinge about #VICBIAS in terms of the grand final venue - with collingwood being minor premiers we didn't have that.

I'd still like to see us play Cam as full forward, and get someone that can play mid moments and forward time like Degoey/ Martin.
Aiming a bit high , but that type of player would be a big difference, unless , well Cam can get up to speed.
I think he can , but I wouldn't be counting on him in this role like we have been, not next year anyhow.
I do like the sound of TommaHawk taking those vise like grip contested marks for us, but it feels like we are one tall too many for our mix.

Cam is our trump card in the middle. Get him a running coach this off-season and tell Rayner his endurance levels will be the difference to us going one step further in 2024. Just let him partner with Neale/Dunkley/McCluggage and see what we can do next year. With Ashcroft unavailable till second half, here's another opportunity for Cam through the middle if he wants to take it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back