List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam is our trump card in the middle. Get him a running coach this off-season and tell Rayner his endurance levels will be the difference to us going one step further in 2024. Just let him partner with Neale/Dunkley/McCluggage and see what we can do next year. With Ashcroft unavailable till second half, here's another opportunity for Cam through the middle if he wants to take it.

Yeah time for Cam to give fitness everything he's got and become a mid.

time to try a smaller forward line ****. Lohmann in, Rayner third tall.

If we don’t have quality third tall plz don’t play someone for the sake of a “structure”.

Tall forward depth non existent now. Concerning and could cost us another chance at a premiership. Here’s hoping we can keep everyone on the park. Touch wood.

time to try a smaller forward line ****. Lohmann in, Rayner third tall.

If we don’t have quality third tall plz don’t play someone for the sake of a “structure”.

Tall forward depth non existent now. Concerning and could cost us another chance at a premiership. Here’s hoping we can keep everyone on the park. Touch wood.

That too. Be like Richmond. We have the smalls

Dunno why.

Big O is better up forward than a full time ruck

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

That too. Be like Richmond. We have the smalls
Fages has shown a genuine preference to play three taller players forward. We went away from this slightly in finals due to player availability, but likely would have stuck with it if everyone was available.

I agree with you both though - given it's unlikely we secure any ready-made options through trade/draft at this point, perhaps we will tinker with the structure and bring Kai in.

Club has confirmed the rumour in a statement:

“The Brisbane Lions confirm Jack Gunston has informed the club of his desire to return to Hawthorn.

While understanding Jack’s situation, as a contracted player the club is assessing its position and will work through its options.

The club won’t be providing further comment at this time.”

Maybe Gunstons season review was not what he was expecting.
However, his reasons could be anything but i doubt he goes to the Hawks as a player after their cleanout under Mitchell.

The Buzza talk on BF is interesting but not sure that is the way to go.
He turns 28 in March and would get a 2-year deal.
If that did happen, we could hope he becomes the next James Podsiadly.

Yeah time for Cam to give fitness everything he's got and become a mid.
I'd be happy for him to play anywhere if he could play consistent reliable footy and not be going to be the next Dusty or about to have the big breakout game or just do something amazing for every 3 or 4 weeks. It could be that he doesn't have the capacity to be a permanent mid. We haven't trusted him for more than 5 minutes there so far.

First thing if he wants to have a Premiership medallion get himself super fit. Second thing work out a role that he is capable of and give it to him for a season.

Then we might see a valuable player.

Club has confirmed the rumour in a statement:

“The Brisbane Lions confirm Jack Gunston has informed the club of his desire to return to Hawthorn.

While understanding Jack’s situation, as a contracted player the club is assessing its position and will work through its options.

The club won’t be providing further comment at this time.”
Interesting to note that we haven’t gave him the current “green light” to move back to Hawthorn yet.

Kinda sad that Gunston has decided to leave though after one season, sure he wasn’t a world-beater for us but he did play some good matches for us and hopefully he provided our young forwards with valuable education that will serve them well in the future.

Wonder if we can have Chol now thanks 🙏

Maybe Gunstons season review was not what he was expecting.
However, his reasons could be anything but i doubt he goes to the Hawks as a player after their cleanout under Mitchell.

The Buzza talk on BF is interesting but not sure that is the way to go.
He turns 28 in March and would get a 2-year deal.
If that did happen, we could hope he becomes the next James Podsiadly.

Nobody expects him to be J Pod but more like Billy Frampton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be happy for him to play anywhere if he could play consistent reliable footy and not be going to be the next Dusty or about to have the big breakout game or just do something amazing for every 3 or 4 weeks. It could be that he doesn't have the capacity to be a permanent mid. We haven't trusted him for more than 5 minutes there so far.

First thing if he wants to have a Premiership medallion get himself super fit. Second thing work out a role that he is capable of and give it to him for a season.

Then we might see a valuable player.
Maybe Cams goal in 2024 is to move up 3 spots in the B & F and be runner up to Dunkley

Interesting to note that we haven’t gave him the current “green light” to move back to Hawthorn yet.

Kinda sad that Gunston has decided to leave though after one season, sure he wasn’t a world-beater for us but he did play some good matches for us and hopefully he provided our young forwards with valuable education that will serve them well in the future.

Wonder if we can have Chol now thanks 🙏

I think the biggest issue is that we have very little KPF cover that can step into AFL level if he leaves. We got lucky with avoiding injuries to our key forwards this year, but that hasn't always been the case.

I think the biggest issue is that we have very little KPF cover that can step into AFL level if he leaves. We got lucky witg avoiding injuries to our key forwards this year, but that hasn't always been the case.
That’s my biggest concern, can guarantee something bad will happen now next year with one of our key forwards.

Wonder if Buddy wants to come out of retirement for us and play one more season ;)

Definitely should be investing in a key-forward in the upcoming TRADE and DRAFT table now though.

I think the biggest issue is that we have very little KPF cover that can step into AFL level if he leaves. We got lucky with avoiding injuries to our key forwards this year, but that hasn't always been the case.
He's not good enough to get in the team and has expressed a desire to go. The club is talking as if they want to get something out of it.

I just hope someone takes him and from what I know of Mitch I'd be surprised if it was him.

We have the best mix of smalls / mids in our forward line in the comp.

Fort underplayed and oscar can clunk a mark

We’ll be okay

But would like a bit more cover.

Lester is a solid third tall option.

I would be comfortable with existing forwards BUT would love to know from 2s watchers, how viable is Henry Smith as a break-glass? Will be in his fourth year so should be ready

It would be pretty obvious to Gunston that he would be playing in the 2’s next year. That wouldn’t be very enticing to him so he would be keen to play elsewhere where he would be playing AFL. Whether anyone would want him is doubtful, including Hawthorn. If he retires he is giving up $500,000 so that wouldn’t be attractive either. If someone did pick him up they wouldn’t want to pay him that sort of money so he is in a no win situation. As is the club tbh.

It would be pretty obvious to Gunston that he would be playing in the 2’s next year. That wouldn’t be very enticing to him so he would be keen to play elsewhere where he would be playing AFL. Whether anyone would want him is doubtful, including Hawthorn. If he retires he is giving up $500,000 so that wouldn’t be attractive either. If someone did pick him up they wouldn’t want to pay him that sort of money so he is in a no win situation. As is the club tbh.
That's the way I see it as well . But he's obviously put the feelers out and the club is pretending we still want him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back