List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW, Daly also reiterated today that discussions continue with Zorko about continuing next year, with both parties keen to have that happen and an announcement within the next week or two.

Hello, your draft picks are better than I thought they would be. How many will you take to the draft? Could you make an offer for pick 25?

Interesting. Let me tag the Lions list manager to assist.

briztoon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norman Banks ? Is that you ?
1697707667272.jpeg
It should be said that Norman Banks started on 3KZ before 3AW picked him up as an Unrestricted Free Agent in the 1952 Trade Period.

Will be years before he can contribute for more than a few games at a time. By then he’d be reaching retirement age.

I think what might help him is that he won’t be first or even second in line. He’d be a super tall third tall.
Jeez, give the bloke a go.

Hately is probably better than kid we could draft in the 4th round.
Season 1 Omg GIF by Friends

A good ABC article on the trade period and also the draft
A few nice interactive graphs

"Overall, the projected future impact of those players traded this year is about half that of last year.
The quieter period could be a sign that more clubs see themselves as being not far away from a premiership push.
This series of lower profile moves could be evidence of a slightly altered approach — of fit over sheer talent.

It's not just players that change hands during the trade period. Draft picks are usually a prized possession of most clubs. This year has seen a somewhat bizarre approach to the upcoming draft."

Most 2023 draft picks have changed hands at least once by now. Gold Coast hold almost a third of the second round. Hawthorn and the Bulldogs have nearly half of round 3 together."

Last edited:
A good ABC article on the trade period and also the draft
A few nice interactive graphs

"Overall, the projected future impact of those players traded this year is about half that of last year.
The quieter period could be a sign that more clubs see themselves as being not far away from a premiership push.
This series of lower profile moves could be evidence of a slightly altered approach — of fit over sheer talent.

It's not just players that change hands during the trade period. Draft picks are usually a prized possession of most clubs. This year has seen a somewhat bizarre approach to the upcoming draft."

Most 2023 draft picks have changed hands at least once by now. Gold Coast hold almost a third of the second round. Hawthorn and the Bulldogs have nearly half of round 3 together."
5 talls in the top 10. Would seem to make it less likely quality talls will be available deeper. 8 in top 20 too.

5 talls in the top 10. Would seem to make it less likely quality talls will be available deeper. 8 in top 20 too.
Phoenix Gothard sounds a bit like a Charlie / linc replacement. I guess it depends how much faith we have in Lohmann to come on. Feel as though 2024 is a big year for him, should be forcing his way in to the team by now. Should make pressure off the ball his weapon. He lowers his eyes really well i think, could be a great link in our forward line i think because of that

Phoenix Gothard sounds a bit like a Charlie / linc replacement. I guess it depends how much faith we have in Lohmann to come on. Feel as though 2024 is a big year for him, should be forcing his way in to the team by now. Should make pressure off the ball his weapon. He lowers his eyes really well i think, could be a great link in our forward line i think because of that
We probably do need to invest in another small forward or utility type player though regardless of what happens with Lohmann, with Cockatoo retiring now and if rumours are true that B.Coleman & White Jnr will be delisted by the club at the end of this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back