List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL assistance allows us to keep 2 extra rookie spots, so we can go 38 & 8 like we did this year.
Incorrect, last year we only had 46 because of George and mahoney LTI. our maximum is 44 with other clubs maximum being 42 with 2 cat b rookies. We can also take 2 cat b rookies to get it to 46

Jay Clark thinks the current top 8 is shaping as:

WC: Reid
GC: Walter
NM: Duursma
NM: McKercher
HAW: Watson
WB: Sanders
Mel: Caddy
GWS: Curtin

With a Read bid thrown in there.

WC want two top 10 picks (GWS or Geelong’s pick) for Reid (I.e McKercher and Curtin)

I think North will attempt to get a top 10 pick via two of the R1 picks (with maybe a F2) with GWS or Geelong and take Reid and Duursma.

WC want two top 10 picks (GWS or Geelong’s pick) for Reid (I.e McKercher and Curtin)

I think North will attempt to get a top 10 pick via two of the R1 picks (with maybe a F2) with GWS or Geelong and take Reid and Duursma.

Jay Clark is probably the last person I would go to for a mock draft.

A net loss of 1313 games experience, we will be going into our next era as a very young and inexperienced team.

Before the draft, the average age is 23.7 and the average games experience is 57.1.
Yes - but how did that 'mature and experienced' list work out for us?

One of the many myths that have been busted in our (so far) 4 year rebuild has been 'we need mature bodies to protect the kids and set standards'....

Get good kids in like Sheezal and Wardlaw and they don't need protection and they set their own standards.

I hope not.

That burns way too much draft capital and hands an opponent two top ten picks when we could have three.

Reid won't be that good

Last edited:
look chill GIF
I think the people in this train carriage now think I’m a bit odd after laughing like a loon at all these penguins.

Seriously? That’s your first call . I think many of us can acknowledge it’s time to move on from KT and the others , i have been watching and loving north for almost 50 years and he is up there with the most tenacious, team first and bloke who maximised every ounce from his ability.

Have some respect
Well said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crikey he's a dick. He had his chance to give his views to Brady and sat there like a muppet.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
He's a flat out liar as well, just spouts shit that he believes regardless of whether it actually happened or not.

Was going on all trade period about how cocky North were and saying we were smug and openly celebrating the priority picks given to us.

Absolute simpleton.

He's a flat out liar as well, just spouts s**t that he believes regardless of whether it actually happened or not.

Was going on all trade period about how cocky North were and saying we were smug and openly celebrating the priority picks given to us.

Absolute simpleton.
To be fair to Purple, I actually was....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I read this one and almost felt sorry for him. Imagine being such a bitter, miserable pissant to have to continually flog the same regurgitated negative "it's not fair" "what about this" cr@p every single week.

The future picks were never going to be reviewed as they were always going to be traded this year. It was a "use it or lose it" situation, Gil said as much when talking about it on 360.

Absolutely disingenuous to suggest that there is something underhand about the AFL signing-off on the trades and that they will now turn a "blind-eye" to reviewing them, they clarified when they were given, that it only applied if we were still holding them.

What's his IF/THEN going to be in three years time...

"IF Harry Sheezel looked ecstatic as the youngest ever AFL premiership captain on the dias with his coach Alastair Clarkson on Saturday.... THEN surely some of that joy is tainted by the fact the AFL never fully reviewed those future assistance picks several years ago...."

Miserable pr!ck!

…agree, and no one yet in these past 7 days has confirmed to me the rumour that he is a North supporter

Must be hard locking yourself into a one trick pony repertoire. Some are more obvious than others but he seems to return to the same well this past month about North and the “deal”

I just don’t get what he expects. That we wallow forever down the bottom? Is he hoping that happens so it makes his tiresome calling out of the 2019 decisions made by the “powers that be” justifiable? He’s won that argument with 4 seasons of garbage but wants more?

Oh, and gday Damo before I leave

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back