List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

W.Walker was tracking well before the club cluster f***ed his knee.
Bonar had 2 ACL's before us and then copped a shit storm of injuries here.
EVW had one major injury and was never the same.

Of the current players Will Phillips spent a year out with glandular fever (which can have effects for ****ing ever) and then had a statistically OK year.

A lot of blokes cop a lot of shit, too much of it related to their draft number, while not factoring in things which would derail anyone's elite athlete career.

Bonar had 2 ACL's before us and then copped a s**t storm of injuries here.

Of the current players Will Phillips spent a year out with glandular fever (which can have effects for ******* ever) and then had a statistically OK year.

A lot of blokes cop a lot of s**t, too much of it related to their draft number, while not factoring in things which would derail anyone's elite athlete career.
This year I think Will Phil has a chance to go to the next level. His best games this year were very good. If he can bridge his best and worst will be a very reliable player.

The below data represents the departing NM footballers come the end of 2023 by way of retirement, delisting, player movement etc.

It would be reasonable to assume the below data is 'replacement value' & it's fair to say we are chasing 'improved value'.

It will be interesting to see if the newly recruited players coming in next season, ie Pink, Fisher, Stephens, Mannagh*, draft picks etc perform equal or better.

*Note: I have included Logue in the data below as he won't play in 2024.

It's a considerable amount to replace.

StatQuantity
Kicks
1166​
Marks
568​
Handballs
787​
Disposals
1953​
Goals
15​
Behinds
14​
Hitouts
606​
Tackles
269​
Rebounds
311​
Inside 50's
180​
Clearances
161​
Clangers
307​
Free-For
102​
Free-Against
95​
Contested Pos
767​
Uncontested Pos
1186​
Contested Marks
83​
Marks Inside 50
16​
1%
400​
Bounces
20​
Goal Assists
23​

Got to give mannagh a go surely considering just lost 3 small fwds

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We did? checks delisted players

Spicer 1 goal for the season, Turner 2, Mahony 0. That is going to be hard to cover.

I am guessing Clarkson is going to drop someone newly minted down back and moving Sheezel forward, George will be given a crack and I would imagine one of Watson or Duursma would be possible, and perhaps Reid if by some chance a trade is done.

Outside of lacking a second quality tall, i think our forward line is okay. Given the garbage we dump forward and how few times we go forward, we have a pretty good scoring rate from inside 50s. We just don't go inside enough or put enough defensive pressure on.

Spicer 1 goal for the season, Turner 2, Mahony 0. That is going to be hard to cover.

I am guessing Clarkson is going to drop someone newly minted down back and moving Sheezel forward, George will be given a crack and I would imagine one of Watson or Duursma would be possible, and perhaps Reid if by some chance a trade is done.

Outside of lacking a second quality tall, i think our forward line is okay. Given the garbage we dump forward and how few times we go forward, we have a pretty good scoring rate from inside 50s. We just don't go inside enough or put enough defensive pressure on.

George has to play forward. George is a natural forward that’s all he’s ever known.

He’d find it a lot harder, he wouldn’t pick it up like Sheezel and wouldn’t have near the impact Sheezel had.

You can say Sheezel was a forward blah blah blah but they’re different players.

Sheezel is a more rounded / complete player who offers more then George.

Talking as a forward George would be on par if not better as a permanent forward.

Bonar had 2 ACL's before us and then copped a s**t storm of injuries here.

Of the current players Will Phillips spent a year out with glandular fever (which can have effects for ******* ever) and then had a statistically OK year.

A lot of blokes cop a lot of s**t, too much of it related to their draft number, while not factoring in things which would derail anyone's elite athlete career.
I think Ahern did a couple of knees before we got him in too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it happened with perez

Then you look at a max Bailey from the hawks - he had 3 knee reconstruction after he got drafted and they persisted with him and he won a flag. That’s rare, good effort to keep coming back. No wonder he retired after he won the flag!

Let’s home braydo knee issues don’t haunt him. Cos he could be a 200 gamer if he’s body (knees) hold up.

Keanu Reeves Matrix GIF by PeacockTV

Agree, neither Turner nor Mahony were small forwards. Being smaller players selected by North in games as forwards is not the same thing. Mahony brought pressure but neither of them contributed the mix of pressure, creativity and ability to kick goals you need in that position.

Agree too that we have a bunch of good options to try in the the forward line next season, and are likely to have more after the draft. Excited to see what happens.

Then you look at a max Bailey from the hawks - he had 3 knee reconstruction after he got drafted and they persisted with him and he won a flag. That’s rare, good effort to keep coming back. No wonder he retired after he won the flag!

Let’s home braydo knee issues don’t haunt him. Cos he could be a 200 gamer if he’s body (knees) hold up.
He'll be a slow burn through the VFL next year. Good thing is the clubs in a position where we don't need 5-7 first year debutants early so there won't be any pressure for him to play.

He'll be a slow burn through the VFL next year. Good thing is the clubs in a position where we don't need 5-7 first year debutants early so there won't be any pressure for him to play.

Yeah I’m aware of that and also agree with it.

Clubs don’t pick kids for a season or two. They pick them hoping to have 10 year careers. So what’s a few games in the twos if it helps him develop? Bugger all.

You can count braydo as another first round pick. If he was in this draft he would in the teens low to mid teens even with his ACL

Can't see us grabbing Watson so we still lack a small who can crumb and a small who can apply fwd pressure.... and agree jmah and spice didn't add much and only kept going to turner as as nothing else.... if comb going back then don't need a tall kpd this yr as good. Over now so a caddy would be helpful fwd plus duurs

George has to play forward. George is a natural forward that’s all he’s ever known.

He’d find it a lot harder, he wouldn’t pick it up like Sheezel and wouldn’t have near the impact Sheezel had.

You can say Sheezel was a forward blah blah blah but they’re different players.

Sheezel is a more rounded / complete player who offers more then George.

Talking as a forward George would be on par if not better as a permanent forward.
I don't think that Tas was saying George will replace Sheezel down back (that role will go to a draftee), only that George will be given an opportunity to play (as a forward)

Can't see us grabbing Watson so we still lack a small who can crumb and a small who can apply fwd pressure.... and agree jmah and spice didn't add much and only kept going to turner as as nothing else.... if comb going back then don't need a tall kpd this yr as good. Over now so a caddy would be helpful fwd plus duurs

Any decent ones in the VFL? I'm sure Barlow can recommend someone serviceable who we can take in the rookie draft.

Curtis, Hansen Jr, Drury, Harvey and I would be looking to transfer Simpkin down there. Plus Sheezel, Thomas, Stevo and Zurhaar have some small forward-like skills. Reid would, as well, if we get him.

Watson would be nice but we can function okay without adding another small forward.

Agree, neither Turner nor Mahony were small forwards. Being smaller players selected by North in games as forwards is not the same thing. Mahony brought pressure but neither of them contributed the mix of pressure, creativity and ability to kick goals you need in that position.

Agree too that we have a bunch of good options to try in the the forward line next season, and are likely to have more after the draft. Excited to see what happens.

We need scoreboard impact, we can't rely on Larkey as heavily as we do.

Don't even need to be quick really, Fritsch is Melbourne's best forward by a country mile, he isn't that quick, he just has the smarts to find space and his mids look for him. If our non-KPF look dangerous and threaten to score, their opponents can't sag off them as much as they are allowed to do at present. It will give Larkey more space.

I really like McCreery at Collingwood, he doesn't have sublime skills, but he is quick and he puts heaps of pressure on, what did he kick 17 goals, i bet more than that were kicked from turnovers he forced just by having a crack. We have guys like Taylor who are gifted with talent but are either lazy or stupid, plays like he has just woken up from a two week bender. I'd rather have Mahony out there than Taylor because I know at least Mahony will have a crack and gives a shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back