List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
Imagine Hodgey's kid choosing the Lions via Academy over Hawks FS.....

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I would love for that to happen just so I can sit back and enjoy the footy media's outrage because the son of a 4 X premiership player, 3 X premiership captain and 2 X Norm Smith Medallist joined the Lions instead of going to Hawthorn as a Father Son. The bonus will be the media's hypocrisy of them trying to justify why it was fine for Nick Blakey to join the Swans but it's different for Cooper Hodge.

Personally I remember watching almost all GWS games over the 2018-2020 period when I had a stack of $$ on them to finish top 4, play in GFs and win flags (mostly to no avail!).

Tomlinson was originally a very good KPD at GWS earlier in his career but with his endurance traits he was moved to the wing when Davis, Haynes and Taylor really become first choice. It was also when it started to be trendy for some reason to play a tall wingman.

I remember clearly watching game after game where he was on the wing and could not believe how ineffectual he was there. Could run all day but too slow and lacked the breakaway speed that a modern day wingman has. Possession count always low. He went something like 2 full seasons on the wing without getting a coach's vote and ultimately ended up getting dropped from the team.

Melbourne then offered him a lifeline with Goodwin convinced they needed another wingman. Sure enough it did not work there either and they ended up going with Brayshaw on the other wing to Langdon. I remember posting on the Dees board that he was miles better suited to KPD. And that's where he ended back up. Sure enough he's again been pushed out by another elite duo (May/Lever) but with the move of Petty forward he's started getting games back there again.

I personally think he's an ideal stopgap KPD for us.
Someone told me that he’s mates with LMac from school and also with Corr from his GWS days. Someone.

Payne has played in a number of AFL finals, including two prelims: where he has performed reasonably well, so has finals experience. He is unique in that he can and has, matched up on reasonably agile mid forwards. Suspect at the moment carrying an ankle/foot injury sustained about 5 weeks ago, which is hampering him.

Five year extension is worth questioning, but, maybe Payne took less money for a longer term deal to stay in QLD (sunny coast lad), and at a strong club that has a promising list. No doubt in my mind the new franchise in 2027 would be offering 'overs' to attract KPP experienced players, so might be another reason Lions offered 5 years instead of say 3 years.

Only my opinion, arguably North paid overs to secure Logue from Freo and McKay will very likely attract a lot of interest as there are not a lot of KPD that can perform that lockdown role.
No one here would agree we paid overs for Logue. Would be in our top 3 B&F before he went down with his knee.
If anything, we underpaid for him.
Great get by us. The only top 10 draft pick to choose the bottom team since Judd.

What a formidable backline those 3 could make together.
I did think that not long after the said conversation. The Evil brothers, Hear no, See no and Say No. Anyway, afaik a distant relative, as in far away, phoned to ask if the rumour was true. Not my relative 😉

What a formidable backline those 3 could make together.

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one here would agree we paid overs for Logue. Would be in our top 3 B&F before he went down with his knee.
Great get by us. The only top 10 draft pick to choose the bottom team since Judd.
There were a couple posters on the Lions board at the time, that thought he might be a good pickup, but apparently he knocked back over $500k a year to stay at Freo as there was considerable interest from other clubs, and North offered a substantial five year deal. Don't think North had to give up too much in draft picks. As you state, it is good that a top 10 draft pick decided to go to North, and wishing him a full recovery.

I have no idea, but a guess, would Logue be on $650K+ per year, over five years? If so, that is not bad coin for a player that was not considered (probably unfairly) as a first 22 KPD at Freo.

What is McKay worth and will he stay?

Ayam ini mahal, tetapi enak sekali. Ibu yg masak.

Perempuan ini isteri kamu atau pacar 😉 ?

On a tangent (is there any other content here?) I remember back when it was a novelty speaking to random people (simulataneously) around the world on chat forums/bulletin boards, a girl in the US of Indonesian background laughed at the formality of my bahasa.

She said it was extremely formal, like the way her grandparents would speak.

On a tangent (is there any other content here?) I remember back when it was a novelty speaking to random people (simulataneously) around the world on chat forums/bulletin boards, a girl in the US of Indonesian background laughed at the formality of my bahasa.

She said it was extremely formal, like the way her grandparents would speak.

I picked mine up on the street and warung's travelling there. But there are different language formalities depending on the social setting.
. Street / market level
. Home level
. School / office
. Govt.level
. Speaking with elders.

I have no idea, but a guess, would Logue be on $650K+ per year, over five years?
Jon Ralph and Glenn Mcfarlane reckon Logue's on around 650k this year.
Surely North are frontloading every contract they can at the moment, because how else do we reach the minimum salary expenditure?
So I suspect it will average out less than 650.

I don't often disagree with everything in a comment this long, but this is one.

We overpaid for him. We have two blokes in the top 100 salary earners in the league, and he's one. He's not worth the 750k odd we're paying him but he was an in demand KPD so we coughed up.

I've also not seen much form from him to suggest a leap to an A grade level. I'm sure it's within him but the glimpses have been so fleeting, I'd be more confident in McKay going to the next level. Logue has, consistently since things started falling apart around gather round, missed spoils and been caught out standing miles away from his opponent. With McKay you can attribute the blunders to a complete lack of grey matter in his head. Griff is a smarter player imo but his intention is often out of sync with the outcome ie. he just isn't very good at times

No chance at being top 3 in the BnF either when he went down. Scott, Larkey, Sheezel all well clear. Shiels, Stephenson, Goldy all very arguable too

Our shithouse pressure upfield hasn't helped him at all, to be sure, but to be perfectly honest I've been a bit disappointed with what he's provided us this year. His first couple of games were brilliant and it came undone pretty quickly from there. I look forward to seeing what he does in a better side, should that outcome ever eventuate

Last edited:
Anyone with anything to do with the AFL: The Roos cut too deep, they ****ed their list by themselves, shouldn't get any PPs.

Also anyone with anything to do with the AFL: ROO CULL INCOMING, ITS NEEDED, NOONES SAFE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back