Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam likes Ratugolea as a forward, and he's an upgrade on Kosi so it makes sense.
I don’t really understand the appeal of him as a forward. He’s had years to cement his spot there in the Geelong team and absolutely struggled. Is a liability up there.

McKay free agent, front ended
Gresham free agent, front ended
Trade 2023 1st for Smith
Trade 2024 1st for King
Draft McCabe

I would do all of the above in a heartbeat. 4x walk up starts to our 22.

McKay - gorilla full back, potential to swing forward and has spent his career as the #1 man at a genuine basket case

Gresham - polarising I know, but a crafty small forward, free hit and we have cash to burn

Smith - proven finals winner, would thrive in our system/game. The $$$ he would bring in with CJ would pay for itself

King - 10 year KPF. Rare as hens teeth. Strike while the iron is hot.

McCabe - could be a lizard, could be a Darcy Moore. Pragmatically could be 4-5 years before we see any ROI.

In that case...
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF
Ken oath mate.

You heard it here first. Just call me Tom Browne Tom Browne

McKay free agent, front ended
Gresham free agent, front ended
Trade 2023 1st for Smith
Trade 2024 1st for King
Draft McCabe

I would do all of the above in a heartbeat. 4x walk up starts to our 22.

McKay - gorilla full back, potential to swing forward and has spent his career as the #1 man at a genuine basket case

Gresham - polarising I know, but a crafty small forward, free hit and we have cash to burn

Smith - proven finals winner, would thrive in our system/game. The $$$ he would bring in with CJ would pay for itself

King - 10 year KPF. Rare as hens teeth. Strike while the iron is hot.

McCabe - could be a lizard, could be a Darcy Moore. Pragmatically could be 4-5 years before we see any ROI.
Absolutely zero chances that king doesn’t cost 2 1st rounders.

I think priority number 1 should be to get GCS pick 4. Pick 3 and 4 gives us significant opportunity at the draft, and back to back picks a bonus.

I would use our future 1st pick plus (if needed) whatever we get for Brockman, which gives GCS points for this year, to get that deal done.

Then we take 2 of Dursma/Watson/McKercher/Caddy (assuming North don’t get first round compo for McKay). That’s a good haul.

I think priority number 1 should be to get GCS pick 4. Pick 3 and 4 gives us significant opportunity at the draft, and back to back picks a bonus.

I would use our future 1st pick plus (if needed) whatever we get for Brockman, which gives GCS points for this year, to get that deal done.

Then we take 2 of Dursma/Watson/McKercher/Caddy (assuming North don’t get first round compo for McKay). That’s a good haul.
This. Our fwd line is a shambles. We need BOTH Wiz and Duursma.

Hawks Pick 3 and next years first pick which more than likely would be top 10 again.

You just find a way and get it done if there is a sniff.
If we want to sell signed jumpers before his first game then we should be all over this sh1t - just absolutely sell the farm & get it done!!!!!

If we want to continue building a dynastic team, then maybe we take 2x Top 6 picks & set about extending that Premiership Cabinet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He doesn't look half as robotic as a forward.
If looks were important then Jess Sinclair would've been the greatest player of all time...

And yet, most of you have to google him to have a clue who I'm taking about...

Both McKay and King would definitely improve us as bookend gorillas.
Spine:

McKay
Sicily
Newcombe
Lewis
King

That's not too shabby! At least the load released off Lewis and Sicily would be huge. McKay is a free hit but not sure if we can come up with the goods to get king! Two first rounders would do it but I'm not too sold on missing out on a top draft pick.

Hardwick is not letting go of King.

I don’t understand where all this chat is coming from.

He will see him as his future power forward who helps him win flags.

King won’t be at the Hawks as much as we would love him.

My favourite part of the year- waiting (aggressively) for ITK posters to post any thing that sounds vaguely like it will get my hopes up.

If anyone has any vaguely credible information further linking us to King or Smith I'll be stoked
If anyone has anything on us gaining more first round draft collateral I'll be ecstatic.
What a time to be alive.

Both McKay and King would definitely improve us as bookend gorillas.
Spine:

McKay
Sicily
Newcombe
Lewis
King

That's not too shabby! At least the load released off Lewis and Sicily would be huge. McKay is a free hit but not sure if we can come up with the goods to get king! Two first rounders would do it but I'm not too sold on missing out on a top draft pick.
Sicily at CHB is part of the problem - he's not effectively defending an opponent (did it well in 2022 though). Need a CHB, not a FB (unless Blanck or Jeka stand up at CHB).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back