Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was on the verge of being sacked half way through 2017. It was more Leppitsch and McRae that evolved the game plan that changed everything. I can’t see him having success for a few years at GC.
Exactly what I've been saying.
Look how Tigers dropped off when they lost those assistants.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

At the end of 2024 how is Hardwick going to stop him?

You reckon the shite served up today in Hobart is going to get BK rushing to sign an extension or ringing his agent to get the f*ck out of GC?

And Flanders? The guy who already has had 3 meetings with Vic clubs - he's going to stay for 4 more years?

I'll be quite honest - why on earth would any player who wants on-field success stay.

We ain't ever won more than 10 games.

Here's our finals record...

View attachment 1786437

Why on earth would any player, especially young players stay if they want success?
That was updated in 2013 surely different 10 years later right 🧐

Sam gave a pretty good summary of what he’s after this off season on 3AW earlier;

• Midfielder with x-factor
  • Key forward
  • Key defender
  • Crumbing forward

We need to look at our backline also we need a player or two who is excellent by foot in there in the small guys.

Sam gave a pretty good summary of what he’s after this off season on 3AW earlier;

• Midfielder with x-factor
  • Key forward
  • Key defender
  • Crumbing forward

Half an hour until the Arsenal game starts so thought I'd put in some SUPER REALISTIC work for McKenzie.

Below leaves us with nowt to work with for Ben King in 2024.

Don't want to lose Scrimshaw, DGB or Jiath, but my gut feel is we trade away one of them with Brockman for a good pick.

Free Agent:
Harry McKay

Trades:
Haw
: Brockman + Scrimshaw/DGB/Jiath > WCE: 19
Haw: F1 + F2 > WB: Bailey Smith + F1
Haw: WB F1 + 19 + 29 > GC: Pick 5

Draft:
Pick 3: McKercher
Pick 5: Watson
Pick 18: McCabe
Pick 50: T. Jiath

Serviceable key defender ✅
5 first round picks in 2 years ✅
2 New Midfielders with x factor ✅
Outrageously talented crumbing forward ✅

IN: Bailey Smith, Ben McKay, McKercher, Watson, McCabe, Jiath
OUT: Brockman, Scrim/DGB/Jiath, F1, F2

Half an hour until the Arsenal game starts so thought I'd put in some SUPER REALISTIC work for McKenzie.

Don't want to lose Scrimshaw, DGB or Jiath, but my gut feel is we trade away one of them with Brockman for a good pick.

Free Agent:
Harry McKay

Trades:
Haw

Draft:

No chance that Dogs do that trade, essentially only getting a 2nd for Smith

Hardwick is not letting go of King.

I don’t understand where all this chat is coming from.

He will see him as his future power forward who helps him win flags.

King won’t be at the Hawks as much as we would love him.
Like Clarkson not letting go of Buddy?

If King wants out there's nothing he can do,

Free Agent:
Harry McKay

Trades:
Haw

Draft:

Love anyone who embraces the thread. That said a few issues
1. Tew not staying with us if we trade CJ
2. Free agent Harry or Ben?
3. Brockman a fringe player with no contract we will be lucky to get their 3rd let alone their second
4. You can’t trade your f1 if you don’t have f2/3/4 picks

We simply need the suns pick. To me the key is getting another second / early third which seems most likely from the eagles for brockman.
Brockman for ports 2nd (35) or eagles 3rd (38).
Hawks give: dogs 2nd eagles 3rd and f1
Suns give: r1 and f2
Having multiple future 2nds could help us trade back into the first round in 2024 or on the night for a slider after the McCabe bid on 2023.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you aren't a Kosi fan, but this is a statistically incorrect statement.
Stats shmats. I know what I can see, and that’s someone who plays like a forward, rather than a robot.

Not a huge improvement, but Kosi is a low bar.

We simply need the suns pick. To me the key is getting another second / early third which seems most likely from the eagles for brockman.
Brockman for ports 2nd (35) or eagles 3rd (38).
Hawks give: dogs 2nd eagles 3rd and f1
Suns give: r1 and f2
Having multiple future 2nds could help us trade back into the first round in 2024 or on the night for a slider after the McCabe bid on 2023.
I'm only trading for that pick if North don't get the compo.

Would need to be guaranteed two of
Watson, duursma and mckercher to do that deal.

F1 and 28 for pick 4

We would be in with a shot but I think Melbourne is best positioned to get a deal done

Stats shmats. I know what I can see, and that’s someone who plays like a forward, rather than a robot.

Not a huge improvement, but Kosi is a low bar.

I don't know how much Ratugolea footy you've watched, but he drops marks on the same level as Kosi (but in defence, which is worse). And has inferior skills.

He's had more years in the system and played more games and been banished to the defensive end because his best return is 15 goals. Newcombe nearly kicked that many from the midfield this season.

Hardest of passes.

Can at least understand the interest in Ratagulea as a defender. He’s ok at that. I still wouldn’t want us paying the price though as Geelong refused to release him last year for more than he’s worth.

As a forward there is nothing in terms of exposed AFL performance to justify paying anything. Though I’m taking internet comments about him as a forward with a large grain of salt and presuming our interest is as a defender to replace Frost and free up Sicily

I don't know how much Ratugolea footy you've watched, but he drops marks on the same level as Kosi (but in defence, which is worse). And has inferior skills.

He's had more years in the system and played more games and been banished to the defensive end because his best return is 15 goals. Newcombe nearly kicked that many from the midfield this season.

Hardest of passes.
Takes the ball at its highest point. I think his ability to contest aerially is better then Kosi, even if he doesn’t take them all.

We need another tall who competes in the air.

I'm only trading for that pick if North don't get the compo.

Would need to be guaranteed two of
Watson, duursma and mckercher to do that deal.

F1 and 28 for pick 4

We would be in with a shot but I think Melbourne is best positioned to get a deal done
Even if North get pick 3 we should have 2 of those players available at the suns pick.

Just need North to pick Curtin. Which they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back