Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a talent. Has been a toe rag to date..

People can change. Essendon might back themselves to put him on the straight and narrow.

Can't imagine he's worth too much due to baggage. Correct contract in place and if he stuffs up, move him on.

I like a good redemption story, however, we want character as much as ability. Thomas doesn't meet the first criteria.
Andrew Lovett says gday

I'd be passed off if it happened, but yes.

Some freedom of movement, but he's still a gc asset.
They have free agency now which should offset the club nomination.
and what if Hawthorn offer Ben King $1.5 mill a season for seven years and North only offer $900 000 a season for five years?

Looking at it purely with improvement to spots on the list.

McKay replaces Frost.
Henry replaces Morrison.
Ratugolea replaces Kosi.
Gresham replaces Brockman.
I look at the flow on effect it gives us .
Mckay / Rata in if it happens gives 2 x bigger bodied players . Blank as back up.
Gives us flexibility to pretty much have Sic as 3rd tall every game.

That makes us a better side straight away
This is centred around support for Sicily and Lewis. Freeing them up to have real impact on games every week or give them every opportunity to. Rat doesn't even need to have a big impact every game. Crash packs and strongly compete in the air which is something he is pretty good at doing at the very least. McKay is an upgrade on Blanck. Bigger and stronger and a better ability to intercept mark. We need a Steven May and he fits the bill. If he's at least half as effective as May is were well ahead and teams will quickly have issues scoring against us.

I came here to post this.

Chol would be a much better acquisition for us than Esava. 44 goals in 2022. Sam Mitchell would absolutely be capable of harnessing that potential.

The first part of your post is stomach churning. Lose Scrimshaw but gain Ratugolea. 🤮🤮🤮. Jesus.
If even half the rumoured stuff comes off will be a lot of unhappy posters. just have to hope MM etc get it right. Last years ins look a little mixed - Amon good, but meek and stephens battled. Need to do better than 1/3 if being active in trading players in.

But we clearly want genuine talls.

If even half the rumoured stuff comes off will be a lot of unhappy posters. just have to hope MM etc get it right. Last years ins look a little mixed - Amon good, but meek and stephens battled. Need to do better than 1/3 if being active in trading players in.

Meek made perfect sense at least. And had the exposure of decent form, which every club in the AFL thought would develop even better with more game time in the seniors.

His season was okay.

Stephens as well. Midfield depth was a huge requirement. And he had game time at the reigning premiers where he looked solid. That's what we based it on when trading for him.

Posters are miffed by the Esava link because he's had longer than most to prove that he's average at best. At both positions that he's being suggested for.
And we weren't ever opening the chequebook and blindly writing anything on it to acquire them, like the Rata rumours are suggesting.

We don't need McKay or SavRat to be creative offensive weapons of mass production. We need them to let Sicily, Weddle, CJ, and Hardwick do that. If all McKay does is let Sicily play as a loose man, we've got a good player.

As always, I'll back the team as long as they give me a reason to back them. Sam hasn't let us down yet.
Have people forgotten James Frawley already.....

McKay replaces Frost………. Neither are in my future GF team. Don’t spend the coin to import!
Henry replaces Morrison…. Undecided. I need more info… does Henry butcher the ball? This is my question.
Ratugolea replaces Kosi…… Not on current form. I was 100% in the Esava camp until I saw how slow he is. And then Kosi started pack marking. 🤗 Did he find grippo? Whatever, who cares… A Kosi pack marking is a Kosi retained.
Gresham replaces Brockman… Brockman is a huge loss. IQ like his is not often seen. Gresham will cost a lot… but could be very good. Highly unsure. We have 2 very good developing smalls in JOS and Bennetts that do what Gresham does.

I say to keep our money powder dry! If there is a marking Fwd that wants to come to us at the right price then great, otherwise, the Hawks are doing just fine in our teams development.

To put this another way, just because we can does not mean we should. Wait until the right player is there who we want and the player wants us… Otherwise it will be an unhappy marriage.
I agree. I thought we were targeting FA next year and sticking with the draft for 2023, anyway. The idea that we could offer Ratagulea $5m over 7 years horrifies me! And nobody I’ve seen touted as a possible pick up warrants giving up our first pick this year, which has also been suggested as the price for certain of these players.

Bringing in a fat, unfit, passed it Lake unleashed Gibbo to win 2x B&F (in Premiership years) as well as an AA (should have had 2).

Now Lake is miles ahead of McKay as a player but Big Ben has a lot of room to grow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could pick 38 from WCE to Hawks, pick 29 to Freo work?
Out;

Hawks: Brockman, 29
West Coast: 38
Freo: Henry

In;

Hawks: Henry
West Coast: Brockman
Freo: 29, 38

Did I do that right? How’s it look?

Edit: I wouldn’t mind something else back for the Hawks, some steak knives maybe?

Edit edit:
Out;

Hawks: Brockman, 29
West Coast: 38
Freo: Henry

In;

Hawks: Henry, 38
West Coast: Brockman
Freo: 29

Last edited:

Stephens was a good pickup, nobody predicted Worpel and Nash to be so consistently strong all year.

I know this doesn't mean anything to some people but Sic and McKay started following each other on Instagram today.
Sic had better not be going to Norf...

Rubbish

Players cannot dictate who drafts them
After that, they have every right to have a say in where they go
Think people want the NBA/NFL approach but fail to understand how much they get paid compared to AFL players.

Today's SEN trade update:
Denver not up for trade, loves Hawthorn and has no interest in leaving.
Freo want a mid to late first rounder for Henry. Henry has not even started talking to clubs yet.
1 year deal for Chad if surgery ticked off as good, 2 year deal if it went bad - that makes no sense.
McKay down to Essendon or Sydney. No mention of Hawks and Gresham.

So in summary we have 5 weeks or having no idea what will happen and it's so fluid it will change daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back