Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's SEN trade update:
Denver not up for trade, loves Hawthorn and has no interest in leaving.
Freo want a mid to late first rounder for Henry. Henry has not even started talking to clubs yet.
1 year deal for Chad if surgery ticked off as good, 2 year deal if it went bad - that makes no sense.
McKay down to Essendon or Sydney. No mention of Hawks and Gresham.

So in summary we have 5 weeks or having no idea what will happen and it's so fluid it will change daily.
I love how yesterday Edmund said DGB was up for trade…on SEN…today he isn’t on the table and is staying…on SEN

When out of contract of course they should
Request, sure, not dictate.

If the hawks get nominated, but stkilda can offer a better deal and fulfill the contract, they should be able to pick up a player.

Players should have a say on a region (eg. Western Vic, eastern vic, nsw, qld, wa, sa) but not bending the team over a barrel.

With full free agency If there's a desire to get to a particular club, they'll get that chance

Today's SEN trade update:
Denver not up for trade, loves Hawthorn and has no interest in leaving.
Freo want a mid to late first rounder for Henry. Henry has not even started talking to clubs yet.
1 year deal for Chad if surgery ticked off as good, 2 year deal if it went bad - that makes no sense.
McKay down to Essendon or Sydney. No mention of Hawks and Gresham.

So in summary we have 5 weeks or having no idea what will happen and it's so fluid it will change daily.

SEN/Edmund seem to be way off. DGB likely going one day, now not going a day later.

McKay rumoured on here to be a fair chance to end up at us yet is supposedly down to Essendon & Sydney according to them. I reckon there is probably a fair bit of guessing going on by them.

Request, sure, not dictate.

If the hawks get nominated, but stkilda can offer a better deal and fulfill the contract, they should be able to pick up a player.

Players should have a say on a region (eg. Western Vic, eastern vic, nsw, qld, wa, sa) but not bending the team over a barrel.

With full free agency If there's a desire to get to a particular club, they'll get that chance
Nah **** that, most players careers can be over before reaching free agency. Too many incompetent AFL clubs to force players in to that position.

Up the draft contracts if you have to but keep OOC players allowed to nominate a club.

SEN/Edmund seem to be way off. DGB likely going one day, now not going a day later.

McKay rumoured on here to be a fair chance to end up at us yet is supposedly down to Essendon & Sydney according to them. I reckon there is probably a fair bit of guessing going on by them.
Today was Tom Morris - he said he had spoken to the individuals managers. Of course we know managers are greedy for cash.

I love how yesterday Edmund said DGB was up for trade…on SEN…today he isn’t on the table and is staying…on SEN
He is the worst mainstream AFL journalist that doesn't have half as bad of a reputation as someone like Browne. Dude is a hack.

Today was Tom Morris - he said he had spoken to the individuals managers. Of course we know managers are greedy for cash.
Tom Morris obviously a grub but at least he explains where his intel is from, Edmund says he has a feel from other teams. Just doesn’t go into it because it’s from a dream he had or his imaginary friend told him the numbers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If even half the rumoured stuff comes off will be a lot of unhappy posters. just have to hope MM etc get it right. Last years ins look a little mixed - Amon good, but meek and stephens battled. Need to do better than 1/3 if being active in trading players in.

But we clearly want genuine talls.
Meek and Stephens cost us little and I still have hope that they will be decent contributors in 2024/25.

Triple Premiership player Brad Hill = Pick 23.
Liam Henry played one half of a season a bit better than previously shown = First round pick.
Has anyone drug tested Peter Bell recently?
I know everyone is still annoyed with the Brad Hill compensation but it has literally nothing to do with anything anymore.

It means as much as us bending them over in the Luke Hodge/Trent Croad few year period.

It’s the same as the Buddy Franklin compensation, every year people bring it up in their complaint about value of compensation when they couldn’t of got anything higher due to winning the flag.

I’m not saying that a mid to late first got Henry is overs more that the Hill stuff was years ago the bloke doesn’t even play at Fremantle anymore

Out of all the trade snippets coming out in the past 48 hours , DGB wanting to stay makes me happiest.
I mean seeing the boys get around him after he kicked one of his goals and his reaction tells you a lot of where he is at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back