Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really happy to hear this. Mckay is an absolute must, really hope RnL is on the money. If we can add Mckay, Gresham and trade in Esava without selling the farm we are set for a massive season next year
Not sure if we are now in the race for Gresham. I have been told for six months this was done, but the last 2-3 weeks it has gone awfully quiet.

My opinion, we need him.

I heard from a reliable source that yesterday afternoon, Ben King was seen buying the Hawthorn theme song cassette from Brashes.

Take this as a troll if you must but I know for a fact we are deep in discussions with McKay's management and have spoken to him also.
Does this mean we'll get him? No. But we've got both feet in the water so to speak.
I know Swans are also talking to him, don't know for a fact if Bombers are.
Bombers at worst have cooled on Mckay since signing Parish . Would somehow need to find more $$$$
Its pretty much us or Swans at this stage

I honestly do not believe the Ratugolea rumour. It just goes against everything our recruiting team stands for.

The longest deal ever handed out by the HFC to Esava Ratugolea. 4 Years for Will Day, 5 years for Scilly, then 7 years for Ratugolea. Does not compute.

He still hasn't even proven himself as a true AFL standard footballer yet, to the point he may not be on a list in 4-5 years time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly do not believe the Ratugolea rumour. It just goes against everything our recruiting team stands for.

The longest deal ever handed out by the HFC to Esava Ratugolea. 4 Years for Will Day, 5 years for Scilly, then 7 years for Ratugolea. Does not compute.

He still hasn't even proven himself as a true AFL standard footballer yet, to the point he may not be on a list in 4-5 years time.
I don’t want Rat and especially at the cost being mentioned but I wonder if the current recruiting team is still standing by the same philosophy as the previous group.

I am totally okay with adapting to the times (slightly) and adjusting to the current market. However that obviously still doesn’t include 7 year deals for Box Hill players.

This team plays finaks

FB: Hardwick Blanck Sicily

HBF: Weddle Mckay Impey

MID: Amon Newk Ward

HFF: Gresham Chol Moore

FF: Breust Lewis Watson

FOL: Reeves Day Worpel

Int: Nash CJ Duursma Cmac (Mackenzie)
It might but Chol is seriously seriously average, his stats are better than he actually is. Don’t think he’s a winning player. 2 additions are first year players who often don’t contribute a ton to winning.

You are essentially hoping McKay and Gresham push you from 16th to 8th at worst. It might happen but I’d be content with just steady improvement and a climb up the ladder.

This team plays finaks

How do we get both Watson and Duursma?
And where does McCabe slot in?

I am not keen on Chol. I think we can do better.

How do we get both Watson and Duursma?
And where does McCabe slot in?

I am not keen on Chol. I think we can do better.
I’d be surprised if we saw a ton of McCabe next year, especially early on.

Will be even better without Esava
In fairness, I think Esava (at FF/Ruck) would be pretty good for & improve us - structurally, more than through individual performance.

But he's a 3yr / $450,000 / late 3rd guy. Word of 7yr / $5m / 2nd Rounder is ludicrous.

This team plays finaks

Needs more Scrimshaw. In place of CJ. I'm aware that won't be so popular.

This team plays finaks

This would be optimal sans Chol as others have said.

2-3 years into the future for a red hot finals tilt I think we’d need - a HBF to replace Impey, small forward for Bruest, CHF for Chol and a couple more general players between the arcs to compete with Nash, CJ, CMac, Ward etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back