Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanck is only 22 with about 25 games to his name.
I’d much rather continue putting our faith in him than giving McKay $800,000 over 5

It can be both.

Squads win flags, we were kissed on the proverbial this year with injuries.
Regardless of whether Blanck makes it or not, he needs help

Blanck is only 22 with about 25 games to his name.
I’d much rather continue putting our faith in him than giving McKay $800,000 over 5

Blanck needs help. Frost is not the answer.

Apparently the Dogs are the frontrunners for Suns first round pick. Doggies part with 10 & 17 for their pick 4.
Melbourne and Richmond also pressing, but no mention of the Hawks (not that this means anything - I'm sure everyone would be having a crack).
On face value, it seems like a weird decision for the Suns to trade for decent picks this year when they'll just get swallowed up.

Would have assumed the best F1 a team can offer gets it done.
Doesn't make sense, those picks will get eaten up too. They need to turn that pick into a future first plus change.
It makes more (not complete) sense with the rest of the sentence from the article..., “Picks 10 and 17 could be enough to garner the Suns' interest in a deal for Pick 4, with the Queensland club then likely to move on the earlier of the two selections for further later picks that equate to more draft points”

The people in the media writing about what the suns will do know less than the average BF poster please keep that crap out of here. Suns will trade 4 on the night first live trade for what they deem as the best f1 after securing most of not all the required 2023 points themselves. If needed topping up with a pick or picks added (hopefully ours) to that trade. It’s quite simple really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do love Blanck but he would only be better on a per $ basis. And that's only because he is on minimum chips. Who knows in a couple of years though. Definitely has the drive, we will find out ability.

IF the Hawks are going to pay marquee-level (tier 1) money for a player I would want that player to be a current marquee talent: Darcy Moore, Sam Taylor, Harris Andrews, Steven May, Nick Blakey, Jacob Weitering, etc... OR an up and coming talent Ben King, Harrison Petty, etc.

It is debatable on who will have the better career between Ben McKay and James Blank. What is not debatable, IMO, is whether Ben McKay is a marquee talent. I don’t see why, at this stage in the Hawks rebuild, they need to compromise for what is available and lock in that choice for 5 years.

Last edited:
The people in the media writing about what the suns will do know less than the average BF poster please keep that crap out of here. Suns will trade 4 on the night first live trade for what they deem as the best f1 after securing most of not all the required 2023 points themselves. If needed topping up with a pick or picks added (hopefully ours) to that trade. It’s quite simple really.
You’re probably right. It is likely crap.

I was just clarifying the logic behind the initial statement made by NICE1 and commented on by others that, “Apparently the Dogs are the front runners for the Suns first round pick”

Last edited:
You’re probably right. It is likely crap.

I was just clarifying the logic behind the initial statement made by NICE1 and commented on by others that, “Apparently the Dogs are the front runners for the Suns first round pick”
It’s not a shot at anyone here, we are mostly in the dark, just hawks passionate about how quickly we can improve. its the guys who get paid for this drivel I take exception to.

It makes more (not complete) sense with the rest of the sentence from the article..., “Picks 10 and 17 could be enough to garner the Suns' interest in a deal for Pick 4, with the Queensland club then likely to move on the earlier of the two selections for further later picks that equate to more draft points”
Still doesnt really make sense that they’re just going to trade pick 4 for points. They have enough points with pick 4 as it is. Plan will be to either get ahead or the Walter bid (unlikely), or get as much value in the 2024 draft whilst still achieving the required points this year. I think we are well placed, assuming we are happy to trade our F1

Should be. Blanck only one year in. Maybe cut him some slack as a Hawk supporter. At least Blanck isn’t a liability with ball in hand like those 2 logs.

People seriously underrating Blanck in here. The bloke is 22 after just one AFL preseason and doing extremely well on the opposition #1 forward most weeks.
Fact is the footy dept have some question marks over Blanck, and it seems a few here can see why.

That he only has a contract to the end of 2024 is a pretty clear indication of this I’d have thought.

We have been paying Chad 750 a year for the past 4 years and previously Jaeger on 800k a year.

Every club has players earning big coin that are not playing to that elite level but people on here continually saying we need to save our money for Ben King is like saying it might rain next year.

For me, trading out Brockman and trading in Liam Henry is another very underwhelming trade period as we simply again have not addressed our need for a key position player at either end of the ground .

Frost and Blanck as a duo needs to be upgraded super fast.

Fact is the footy dept have some question marks over Blanck, and it seems a few here can see why.

That he only has a contract to the end of 2024 is a pretty clear indication of this I’d have thought.
Don’t agree with bolded bit. Hardwick, Nash and Weddle among others only contracted to 2024 also (according to our contracts thread). Is this a clear indication that footy dept has question marks over them too?

Maybe you are right but I wouldn’t call it fact until we have heard it from within the club.

Our F1st and 29 is a better offer if we were to offer it.

Unless Gold coast have a player they want to trade for that they need 10 or 17 I don't get the appeal. Those picks only equate to about pick 43 in extra points.

Also if they needed a 1st Rd pick to trade on draft night wouldn't they be better off with a F1st so they can burn up those 3rd and 4th rounders beforehand?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back