Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the Dogs are the frontrunners for Suns first round pick. Doggies part with 10 & 17 for their pick 4.
Melbourne and Richmond also pressing, but no mention of the Hawks (not that this means anything - I'm sure everyone would be having a crack).

Apparently the Dogs are the frontrunners for Suns first round pick. Doggies part with 10 & 17 for their pick 4.
Melbourne and Richmond also pressing, but no mention of the Hawks (not that this means anything - I'm sure everyone would be having a crack).

On face value, it seems like a weird decision for the Suns to trade for decent picks this year when they'll just get swallowed up.

Would have assumed the best F1 a team can offer gets it done.

If the sun's are ok with pix 10&17 from dogs, then if we were interested in their pick four, then our future first could get it done. Gotta feeling we're just observing ATM , just to see what other clubs offers look like.

If the sun's are ok with pix 10&17 from dogs, then if we were interested in their pick four, then our future first could get it done. Gotta feeling we're just observing ATM , just to see what other clubs offers look like.
Without looking at the points table, If Walter gets bid at 2 then pick 10 gets swallowed and 17 pushed back. Crazy for the Suns to do that pick swap. But Suns will be Suns i guess??

Let's have some on this.

Brockman to WCE for Pick 35
Frost to NM for 53
Kossie to Tiges for 44

McKay in as Free Agent

Henry in for our Pick 29 and 53 (Puts the points to Pick 20)

Our Future 1, 35,44 to GC for 4, 56 and 60

Use our Pick 3 - Duursma
Use Pick 4 - Caddy
And take bid on McCabe with Picks 48,56,60

Round 1 - 2024 Team

Hardwick McKay Weddle
Jiath Sicily Scrimshaw
Henry Worpel Amon
Bruest Caddy Moore
Duursma Lewis Ramsden
Reeves Day Newcombe
S.Mitchell Ward McKenzie C.McDonald (Sub - Butler)
Nice work for the most part. One caveat I don’t mind a young forwardline but if that’s it it’s another year of pain for us 3 essentially not ready players.

Breaking it down my views are:
Brockman for 35 won’t happen the eagles would have to be the suns or norf to do that deal. 38 if really lucky. Doesn’t mean I don’t rate him just he wants out has no contract going to bottom team we have no leverage than the kindness of strangers.
Frost and Kozi reasonable if the clubs genuinely are interested. Kozi again without a contract may make that a bit high.
Henry and Gold Coast trades essentially what many have said already so feels about right except 38 if lucky not 35 of course.
Caddy at 4 we may as well trade back and get something else I don’t think he will go before Reid Curtin Duursma McKercher Watson osullivan sanders (assuming he’s available) at a minimum and maybe even Read bid comes before as well. Why not trade 4 to gws if you want caddy and get 6 and their f2. Having 2 f2s would allow us to trade back into the first round next year after giving up ours to the suns.
Overall rating: D+ which is the new code for B+🤣🤣🤣🤣

Doesn't make sense, those picks will get eaten up too. They need to turn that pick into a future first plus change.

Why are gold coast not giving pick 4 future first, chol and another good player to west coast for pick 1 since 4 is usless to them ... to sneek reid on before walter will build them for a decade

That would be the obvious thing to do but Eagles as usual may want lot lot more + mix North or Hawks in this deal so they can get access to Curtain but no reason for either to do without benefit

Without looking at the points table, If Walter gets bid at 2 then pick 10 gets swallowed and 17 pushed back. Crazy for the Suns to do that pick swap. But Suns will be Suns i guess??
The idea may be to trade for Dusty but looks like Tigers won't pay any part of his salary and 1.4 million is too much for Suns.

If they do that then we should ask Pick 10 for CJ & offer to pay some of his salary(can vary based on deal). Maybe Chol can be added to deal too with some pick going back.

I would see if pick 17 too can be wrangled from them but not sure which other player to offer. Maybe swap of F1's + F2 for 17.

PS : Suns think they will get enough points in trade for Hollands, Chol, Burgess, Sharp etc to make for loss of pick 4 points.

I think if Sydney and Saints lose this wkd, it may assist our efforts getting McKay and Gresham. Passing up a team that makes it to last two weeks of finals would be hard, an could put Sydney in the box seat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On face value, it seems like a weird decision for the Suns to trade for decent picks this year when they'll just get swallowed up.

Would have assumed the best F1 a team can offer gets it done.
My guess is they’re planning to use 10 and 17 to reunite Dusty with Hardwick. Richmond need to pivot to rebuild quickly but currently don’t have a pick until 25. Makes sense to move on Dusty if he wants to go north. Pay a chunk of his salary and pick up two first round players, or trade up for one inside the top 10.

I think if Sydney and Saints lose this wkd, it may assist our efforts getting McKay and Gresham. Passing up a team that makes it to last two weeks of finals would be hard, an could put Sydney in the box seat.
Agreed but I still reckon it will take at least 100k extra per season offer more for McKay to choose Sydney over us. At this stage I would assume both teams are still well below delivering Band 1 compo for North which could still see them match.

I prefer Blanck as our long term FB over McKay he is such a strong competitor home grown and admire watching him hurt when the opposition kick a goal.
The club don’t.

My guess is they’re planning to use 10 and 17 to reunite Dusty with Hardwick. Richmond need to pivot to rebuild quickly but currently don’t have a pick until 25. Makes sense to move on Dusty if he wants to go north. Pay a chunk of his salary and pick up two first round players, or trade up for one inside the top 10.
Using not 1 but 2 first round picks for a 32 year old Martin who’s also on a ridiculous salary would be dumb trading. Even giving up a single first rounder would be bad.

Suns trading is very bad though so it might just happen.

Got a bad feeling that we won't get
McKay, I hope I'm wrong
I want McKay but at the 650-700k mark for 4 to 5. If that’s not enough move on and pick up a stop gap and let
McCabe develop. If we get suns first, would be very open to sliding it back and grabbing osullivan think he could be elite. Otherwise keen to see if we can find a way back in after McCabe match to get a KP like Reid Morris forward or Murphy down back. If this is the last serious rebuild draft let’s leave nothing on the table.

Using not 1 but 2 first round picks for a 32 year old Martin who’s also on a ridiculous salary would be dumb trading. Even giving up a single first rounder would be bad.

Suns trading is very bad though so it might just happen.
They don’t see first round picks like we do. As long as Richmond is picking up most of the contract they’d happily pay that to get a big name like Dusty in the door for a few years. Especially given they won’t be left wanting with the academy players they’ll be signing.

They don’t see first round picks like we do. As long as Richmond is picking up most of the contract they’d happily pay that to get a big name like Dusty in the door for a few years. Especially given they won’t be left wanting with the academy players they’ll be signing.
Suns would be dumb enough to do it. They did give away pick 7 with Bowes.

Just that it’s a horrific trade. They get a future first for pick 4 and they get much more value.

Suns would be dumb enough to do it. They did give away pick 7 with Bowes.

Just that it’s a horrific trade. They get a future first for pick 4 and they get much more value.
As I said, they don’t see first rounders like we do. With academies and AFL assistance they can afford to make luxury trades like that.

It’s an expansion club trade. They wouldn’t be getting him expecting him to play like a superstar every week. It’d be about the hype and seeing him impact in a finals campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back