Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhuku Khamis definitely worth a look and Patrick Voss could never get a look in at Bombers but kicked reasonable amount of goals at VFL. Probably makes sense to keep Kosi and get Bhuku

He's only 191 cms but after what he did he did to the Box Hill defence last week kicking 5 and looking dangerous, surely we are after him. He wouldn't cost much since he was a Cat B rookie and he can't get a game with the Doggies seniors with their Land Of The Giants forward line.

I think all the time about the state leagues/country leagues and how there would be so so many great players that don’t get picked up.

We all get fascinated/obsessed about the AFL “pathway” and private school system and forget about how many gun players aged 22-24 have missed that and are dominating leagues. Once upon a time the Hawks would have part time recruiters all over Aus looking for any small advantage.

I would love our club to heavily invest in this area and be AFL leaders..

We are playing in such a diluted space now and it’s only going to get worse when Tassie enters.

Any small advantage!!!!!

I don't understand what happened to this kid.
These highlights look every bit as good as Harley Reid's:
In some respects even better.
His game sense and ball handling are as good as any draftee I have seen.

Is he averse to hard work?
Because he would need to hit the gym hard (and the track) to make it in the AFL.
He is far too skinny to make it on talent alone, and would be limited as an outside player unless he had an elite tank.
So what's the story?

Could be a sneaky chance to parlay Brockman+Kosi+whatever utensils we have spare, into Hollands.
That would be an intriguing proposition.

He looks like he has developed physically a bit here: AFL Latest Videos - AFL.com.au

He looks a natural.
I am very interested.

Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 9.33.57 am.png
Off topic but is that Will Day in the background?

I think all the time about the state leagues/country leagues and how there would be so so many great players that don’t get picked up.

We all get fascinated/obsessed about the AFL “pathway” and private school system and forget about how many gun players aged 22-24 have missed that and are dominating leagues. Once upon a time the Hawks would have part time recruiters all over Aus looking for any small advantage.

I would love our club to heavily invest in this area and be AFL leaders..

We are playing in such a diluted space now and it’s only going to get worse when Tassie enters.

Any small advantage!!!!!
We do have recruiters all over the country. We have plenty of contacts in each state that do it for free.

At the end of the day it's the player's personal choice where he wants to go - he's not being forced to go somewhere he's not interested in. If it's because of money - so be it. I'm sure Mitch and MM put forward the best presentation of our club possible. Remember, some clubs put out feelers way in advance of player even being out of contract/wanting out. Geelong an example.

We'll get players coming to us who want to be part of our future plans and culture. If they don't want to be here, why would we want them anyways?

Ben McKay's manager reached out to us to start with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKay wouldn't have filled any spot in our team nicely. He would have filled it poorly and everyone would have complained about him constantly like we did with Frawley and then Frost, probably more so considering that, unlike McKay, Frawley and Frost never lacked for effort.
Then why are our recruitment team chasing him and offering the big $$? You need structure behind the ball. He provides that.

Is there any concrete info that McKay is heading to Essendon?

Would’ve thought he’d jump at joining Sydney. Considering he’s been part of a failing club for so long, wouldn’t you want to be part of a well run and successful club.
I think people, myself included, mistakenly assume players number 1 motive when moving clubs is for premierships.

Other factors could be financial, people you know at the club, role being promised etc

Player Manager would be such a good easy job

Doubt it would be easy. Yeah it would come with some bloody fun perks but I reckon it would be hard work keeping that many highly paid people content. Not to mention if some of them get into strife and you have to handle the press shitstorm.

Has anyone got a highlight package of this guy?
Some highlights from his colts finals in 2020 on YouTube, was impressive in that grand final. Same final Brockman played in.Has grown and filled out heaps since then. Plays in the Preliminary final this week, which you can check out.

In no particular order, here are 24 Key Defenders ahead of McKay

Taylor
Weitering
Moore
Andrews
May
Ridley
Ballard
Balta
McCartin
Wilkie
Himmelberg
Barrass
Grimes
McGovern (1)
Lever
Sicily
Stewart
Pearce
Murphy
Aliir Aliir
Cox
SDK
Keath
Collins

And you could mount an argument the following are also ahead of him

Battle
Payne
Kemp
Laverde
Haynes
McGovern (2)

Disagree on many of those - Ballard, Murphy, Collins and Balta in particular.

You're taking the piss with Kemp, Payne and McGovern (2).

Also Cox, Wilkie, Sicily, Stewart, Ridley and Lever aren't traditional KPD's.

Disagree on many of those - Ballard, Murphy, Collins and Balta in particular.

You're taking the piss with Kemp, Payne and McGovern (2).

Also Cox, Wilkie, Sicily, Stewart, Ridley and Lever aren't traditional KPD's.
I think you drastically overrate McKay if you think Payne is behind him.

Payne has been an absolute rock in defence for the lions. He’s done his job perfectly without the brain fades of McKay. He allows Andrews to do what he likes.

Some highlights from his colts finals in 2020 on YouTube, was impressive in that grand final. Same final Brockman played in.Has grown and filled out heaps since then. Plays in the Preliminary final this week, which you can check out.
another one...tough and bloody hard...plays for subi...galen savigni...only 21. also plays this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back