Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Losing Kosi and missing out on McKay as a free hit in the space of 24 hours isn't a good thing. Silly comments suggesting it's 'good news'.

It means we either need to convince another unknown player request a trade to us, costing us draft capital. Or we need to take a punt on a VFL standard player.
Alternatively, we do nothing and risk stagnating.

At least we're having a crack. But so far I'd say we 1 win (missing Esava) and 2 losses (Kosi and McKay) this off-season.

Took us 4 years to get Lake when we were the best team in the AFL. And in the end Lake was gifted to us. We'll get there. McKay would have helped but it is far from a disaster given where we are. At least we won't be playing finals and witnessing players like Gibson and Schoenmakers consistently watching the ball flying over their heads for goals as we did then.

Losing Kosi and missing out on McKay as a free hit in the space of 24 hours isn't a good thing. Silly comments suggesting it's 'good news'.

It means we either need to convince another unknown player request a trade to us, costing us draft capital. Or we need to take a punt on a VFL standard player.

At least we're having a crack. But so far I'd say we 1 win (missing Esava) and 2 losses (Kosi and McKay) this off-season.

We are also getting two first-rounders guaranteed this year.
More high-talent youth to add to what we have already.

We are in a good place to keep building and improving. We just might need to develop anther key back or trade for one.

Hey, we might be picking at the pointy end of the draft again!

Could nearly be time for a cap in hand moment at the AFL! Get a priority pick

I'd say we are three wins - those names aren't getting us a flag. NEXT

We can’t pretend the club has not swung and missed at multiple targets in recent times.

Whether we agreed with each of those targets is another matter. The club has had some goals and not achieved them in the player movement market, which is disappointing for those at the helm and somewhat concerning in their ability to execute their plans

McKay would have filled a needed team spot and come as free agent. But what we were offering him was absolutely ridiculous and smacked a bit of desperation. That is Essendon’s risk now

Don't discount the unrest it can cause to a playing group when you bring in an average footballer like McKay on ludicrous money like the Don's are going to do.

And don't tell me that the players are professional enough to get over that aspect, they are as human as the rest of us when it comes to $$$$

You need to save that kind of big money deal for the actual guns of the comp. Not an average to slightly above average full back with wonky knees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a waste of time and emotional energy. Not a big fan of MM and now teaming up with a 2nd year coach probably means we will keep falling short vs pitches made by more seasoned campaigners for a while. Atleast we will have an early first round pick next year again the way things are going.
if you are losing emotional energy over trade week it's time to look at your life choices. Go out and meet people, get a girlfrien

So were the two offers essentially comparable in terms of financials and McKay chose Essendon over Hawks as a club? Or Essendons offer in the end was significantly better?

So were the two offers essentially comparable in terms of financials and McKay chose Essendon over Hawks as a club? Or Essendons offer in the end was significantly better?

I'd say financials, old coach and probably proximity to "home". Probably lives Northern, so going to the HANGAR was probably better than Dingley.

Who knows. I like a short commute.

Took us 4 years to get Lake when we were the best team in the AFL. And in the end Lake was gifted to us. We'll get there. McKay would have helped but it is far from a disaster given where we are. At least we won't be playing finals and witnessing players like Gibson and Schoenmakers consistently watching the ball flying over their heads for goals as we did then.
McKay can stick after all his fluffing around! Never want him near the club.

Or there is a third option, MacKay has the IQ of a cheese cake and genuinely doesn't know what country India is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back