Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a waste of time and emotional energy. Not a big fan of MM and now teaming up with a 2nd year coach probably means we will keep falling short vs pitches made by more seasoned campaigners for a while. Atleast we will have an early first round pick next year again the way things are going.

What a sad sack you are.
ball GIF

Is it a big loss? A loss yes, whilst he is a decent player not a super star on big coin.

May well be a blessing disguise I think!
If we're honest then I think most of us were willing to talk ourselves into overpaying to free up Sicily and structure us up better. I know this might sound stupid but I'll also put my hand up that the other reason I was willing for us to overpay is because I just wanted us to beat the * to him. Anyways as always the sun will rise tomorrow and the EFC will also be sh*t… we move on.

Oh and has anyone checked in on Tops? 😂

I don't lurk a lot but the Geelong board can be fun to read when they lose. The Norf board is unhinged at times. The Port board's vitriol towards their coach is amazing to read.
The Sack Hinkley thread is one of the greatest threads on BF. The vitriol is hilariously mindbending.

Losing Kosi and missing out on McKay as a free hit in the space of 24 hours isn't a good thing. Silly comments suggesting it's 'good news'.
You overrate Kosi.

He saw the writing on the wall.

Sam Mitchell woke up feeling dangerous 🥶🥶
  • 0 pull
  • no wins against Essendon
  • the next mark Neelde 🥶🥶
  • Bigger flog than Luke Hodge
And same amount of finals wins in two seasons of coaching as Essendon has had in 19.

Toodle pip, loser.

I love the big footy Hawthorn roller coster. 567 pages deep and the trade period hasn't even started 🤣

What we do know so far 2 players have
requested a trade - Brockman, Kosi.

We have pitched to 3 players Esava, Mckay, Henry with no results all players would have filled a void but not a convincing track record.

I think they need to close doors and be a little more selective who they target in the open at least we are trying to fill the right holes.

Find a way to improve the draft hand and keep that coin for Gold chip investments!

He's was a free hit who is now costing us our draft position.

We also need to find people to pay now :)
Are you still interested ìn Jake Riccardi, or Cadman. I think there is a chance one of the two could be enticed away especially of GWS win the flag.
What would your offers be for them?
Or would you wait till 2025 season, or ignore both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From my time on BigFooty, some of the 'big names' I remember us being close to nab and not getting the deal over the line include the following players,

• Jake Carlisle
  • Dylan Shiel
  • Stephen Coniglio
  • Brad Crouch

Without being harsh, they're all s**t.

(Yes a little harsh to Cogs who has been ok this year).
Take Cogs off your list then I agree wholeheartedly

Sam Mitchell woke up feeling dangerous 🥶🥶
  • 0 pull
  • no wins against Essendon
  • the next mark Neelde 🥶🥶
  • Bigger flog than Luke Hodge
List of things to have occurred in the 6,957 days since Essendon last won a final:
Sam Mitchell won 4 premierships, stole a Brownlow off one of Essendon's favourite sons and is now head coach of a team that will soon be destroying Essendon for the next decade to come.

Are you still interested ìn Jake Riccardi, or Cadman. I think there is a chance one of tbe two could be enticed away especially of GWS win the flag.

The Riccardi ship has sailed. He just signed a long term deal.
Pretty sure a player can't be traded immediately after signing am extension like that can they?

Interesting though, because we have so much cap space. Is there actually anything stopping us from offering a talented key forward over a million a season upfront and blowing their current club out of the water?

Are you still interested ìn Jake Riccardi, or Cadman. I think there is a chance one of tbe two could be enticed away especially of GWS win the flag.

Riccardi chose to stay and signed a 3 year contract, and fair enough with their current form. Cadman not realistic this year.

You won’t see the hawks throwing draft capital away this year. Rules about pick purchasing, future pick trading, and FA’s look likely to open up next year.

So we have missed on a best 22 key defender, our most pressing need and have now moved back a draft spot. Surely everyone can see that as everyone shares the same view that it's a big loss ?

Not when the price is almost a mil at 6 years.

Are you still interested ìn Jake Riccardi, or Cadman. I think there is a chance one of the two could be enticed away especially of GWS win the flag.
Hypothetically I’d imagine we’d definitely give our F1 for Cadman OR maybe even pick 3, but doubt it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back