Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's this for a melt. Bigfooty nuffie level stuff

View attachment 1823883

Lmao, Mitchell was barely in their side later in the year. Was routinely getting subbed or starting as the sub. Not to mention our midfield hasn’t been better for the last 5 years ? Lol

At the risk of failure ….

Reliably told Eagles will be keeping Pick 1 (apart from an astonishing package ‘to good to refuse’)
And will 100% select Reid
Make sense, big strong club that will back themselves to not only keep Reid long into his career , but also entice WA boys back home at a drop of a hat. 2023 will be remembered by Eagles supporters as the offseason they laid the foundations to future success.

We are definitely playing games with the pick 1 talk wouldn’t at all be surprised if we are working in tandem with the eagles to max out what north have to pay for Reid. Clubs were furious with the assistance package so “let’s get together and screw them to the wall.” Eagles every chance to simply take Reid and all these people saying they only want Curtin is nonsense. Eagles back themselves in they are a good club don’t have many leave. If I am the eagles I’m telling north go get the suns pick 4 then give us 2,4,f19,42 and it’s a deal. Eagles give us 34 for brockman with our f4 back. We could then ontrade 30,34,45(kosi) for pick 17,66 from dogs or ports future first as they need picks for their deals. If we hold our f1 and ports use f2/3 to trade back in after McCabe bid.

Here's a thought. Perhaps we've told Hawthorn that we will give you a better deal on Brockman if you come out with a massive offer for pick one, which drives up the price that North or the Dee's have to pay. You pick the bugs out of our feathers and we pick the bugs out of yours.
Actually crossed my mind today.

At the risk of failure ….

Reliably told Eagles will be keeping Pick 1 (apart from an astonishing package ‘to good to refuse’)
And will 100% select Reid
Good on them. They will keep him too.

Flight risk is overrated.

Dees are really keen on Reid (like everyone else).

They'll have - 5, 13, 25, 33 and 39 (Jordan compensation), and likely pick 31 (for Grundy).

They will surely try to make a deal with West Coast for the top pick.

They'll have - 5, 13, 25, 33 and 39 (Jordan compensation), and likely pick 31 (for Grundy).

Unless Melbourne can get WC a top 3 pick and guarantee Curtin, I think they’ll be wasting their time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be very surprised if they do, if they really want Curtin they will have to have their fingers crossed for the 3 picks prior. No certainty he will still be on the board.

Melbourne would be far, far better using some of that collateral to trade with the Suns for Ben King.

I imagine GCS will want to pair King and Walter for the future.

You’d think so - but if he’s not willing to bed down a long term contract it might be best to deal now with a club loaded with picks while he’s contracted. If I were Melbourne and had that midfield I’d be using that draft hand to find a better forward line.

I’d let them trade 5 and their F1 for 3. 3 used for Curtin, basically pushes us back 1 spot.

3, 13, 25.. Eagles wouldn’t take that.

they are not even getting close with those picks. That pick 13 will be about 19 by the time all the academy and f/s picks and compo picks are done.

The Dark Knight knows a place perfect for Damo Barrett... Arkham Asylum
Just light up the sky with my logo, and I'll be there to make it happen
Based on your last post and the dark night being hard sounds like your about ready to **** Damo at Arkham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back