Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they tell the player they want to put a stupid price on their head for the first year of his contract and take him for free.

Again - that's fine with us.

I know we've spoken on this before NR, I just truly don't get your take.

We already have the picks to match a high bid for McCabe (anything up to pick 15)

So what's the purpose of getting picks we wont use?

We already have the picks to match a high bid for McCabe (anything up to pick 15)

You don’t know that.

We were never getting 25, people know that.

That doesn’t matter. It’s about optics externally. Could have said “We are still negotiating with Richmond and are working on extracting the best value for Hawthorn. That might include pick 25.”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We have McCabe and Dear to potentially bid on. We could maybe take TJ also. I would prefer not to go into deficit and **** up our future first as it is one of the few assets we have. We don't have a wealth of draft assets as it is so I would prefer the flexibility overall. There is nothing to suggest we wouldn't use a 3rd round pick next year in trading etc. A 3rd round pick this year would give us points. Both are more useful than having nothing. Taking nothing achieves nothing and gains us nothing. If you think throwing a tantrum is a good option then have at it I guess - I think something is better than nothing regardless of what the something is.

We as Hawthorn need to make a stand either on Brockman or Kosi and let one of the 2 walk into PSD if the right deal doesn't happen.

My preference is on the Kosi deal, as Richmond only have pick 28, 49 and 67. If they offer 67 then we try and renegotiate to convince him to stay if he is intent on moving then let him go to PSD and end up at North or we pick him up again at pick 3.

Richmond pick 67 is only worth around 67 points so ain't going to add much to our potential bids.

WC have more picks so we have more options and potential points.

Love the 'take a stand' approach! 'If you don't give us what you want we will let you, or someone else, have it for free!' makes you sound like a crazy person, not a tough negotiator.

Acting like a child and taking players to the PSD is something minnow clubs like Gold Coast and St Kilda do. I'd prefer not to join their ranks.

Now...telling Dodoro that we will take Massimo in the PSD is absolutely the right kind of sabre rattling I hope we are using when dealing with that absolute campaigner.

That's the point - it never happens - and the argument could be made it's the threat of that that forces clubs to stump up more than they'd like to.
It doesn't happen because, as you say, they generally don't get to the PSD without a guarantee they'll be selected by their desired club. It's the reason why Carlton and Jack Martin negotiated a $1m salary that no other club would ever risk, and it's why Luke Ball nominated for the national draft to get to Collingwood as other clubs would have taken him in the PSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MM needs to remember an old quite from a club legend.

Don't think, do!

I'm a big fan of the Hawks selecting Zane Dursma but after reading that he would love to play with his brother and hopefully it happens one day might suggest he asks to leave after a couple of years.

I still think the Hawks have something cooking.

at 730pm next Wednesday if we are honest with ourselves right now, despite the take a stand people stomping on the spot and aggressively crossing their arms:

Kosi will be a Tiger
Brockman will be a Eagle
Chol and D'Ambrosio will be Hawks

All will be done for less than teams want and thats the way it works every year. Jack Martin was forced to PSD because the Gold Coast suns were sick of losing talent and needed to put on a song and dance. That hasnt happened to Hawthorn so we wont be doing that

Don't think, do!

I'm a big fan of the Hawks selecting Zane Dursma but after reading that he would love to play with his brother and hopefully it happens one day might suggest he asks to leave after a couple of years.

I agree- I think RnL is quiet because they're waiting for confirmation that it'll happen/more evidence.

I get the feeling we aren't out of the race for pick 1 yet and I get the feeling we're still looking to make a play somewhere

Also this pushing Brockman to be separate to the pick one deal is because West Coast want to give themselves until draft night to try and get the best possible deal out of North or at worst (for them) Hawthorn and even Melbourne.

Cant trade Brockman, 3 and f1 on draft night so get that one done first and then they are free to do whatever they want.

Live footage of the AFL filing our grievances:

giphy.gif

I agree- I think RnL is quiet because they're waiting for confirmation that it'll happen/more evidence.

I get the feeling we aren't out of the race for pick 1 yet and I get the feeling we're still looking to make a play somewhere
It's eerily quiet from the Hawks, l just have this feeling that they are trying to get a big deal done. Whether it's all in on Reid or somebody else but mentioning the future first as a possible trade suggests they aren't sitting on their hands.

I agree, North have said they won't be trading pick 2&3 for pick 1 so it does leave the door ajar if the Hawks are bold enough.

How do you even break apart something that moronic?

The guy's success in life was based almost exclusively on his height and football connections. He's still in the process of working that out at a guess.

Rational people, sure. But there are multiple posters here who are going to squeal like scared piglets when we don't get a second rounder.

The entire Geelong list management team are in the same boat with Esava if you're going to be fair. Actually the AFL free agency compensation team too.

If the market is throwing up those kind of comparables, it definitely doesn't hurt to float the idea.

Don't think, do!

Yep we are cooking the Wiz. :thumbsu:

Love the 'take a stand' approach! 'If you don't give us what you want we will let you, or someone else, have it for free!' makes you sound like a crazy person, not a tough negotiator.
The ‘take a stand’ approach is a statement for the future. Not everyone will have the number 1 pick in the PSD meaning they will risk not getting their target at all. Maybe they decide to stay with us instead and work a better deal the following year, there are plenty more variables than them getting the player for free. Risk involved, yes, but you gotta risk it to get the biscuit and work away from being the soft traders we have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back