Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for everyone saying that we should make a stand on these players

Is is possible that we as supporters value our players higher than the average non Hawthorn supporter?

When the news broke about Kosi wanting to go to Richmond my initial thought was well that will be a fourth rounder.

I have a theory that holds me in good stead every year and it is whatever you think a guy is worth, add a round to it and thats where it generally lands

So people thinking player x is worth a second round pick he will go for a third rounder etc

As a result of that I have thought this whole time that Brockman would go for at best a third rounder. The fact the PSD is a tool for West Coast makes it a tough pill but one the club will likely swallow
Personally I feel it’s the disconnect between what similar level players are going for at other clubs compared to what we get.

We either play the game as it currently is or we continue to get screwed. Which means we ask for ridiculous overs for players.

Is is possible that we as supporters value our players higher than the average non Hawthorn supporter?

When the news broke about Kosi wanting to go to Richmond my initial thought was well that will be a fourth rounder.

I have a theory that holds me in good stead every year and it is whatever you think a guy is worth, add a round to it and thats where it generally lands

So people thinking player x is worth a second round pick he will go for a third rounder etc

As a result of that I have thought this whole time that Brockman would go for at best a third rounder. The fact the PSD is a tool for West Coast makes it a tough pill but one the club will likely swallow
Like many I no longer want the Hawks to be looked at as “soft traders”. I know what people are saying about points for matching but these picks in the 50’s and 60’s are bugger all and not even worth worrying about.

You know those hypotheticals where you offer junk for an upgrade? So like 10 years ago it would have been something like Hartung, post ACL Whitecross & Litherland for Pick 19?

North just unironically did that for the number 1 pick lol. 15, 18, 21 and ~20 looks good on a points calculator but nowhere else and that isn't even accounting for the academy bids pushing things down.

Like many I no longer want the Hawks to be looked at as “soft traders”. I know what people are saying about points for matching but these picks in the 50’s and 60’s are bugger all and not even worth worrying about.
which I do get, I am not trying to call anyone out or anything like that. The best result would be matching on McCabe, Dear as a rookie pick up although he seems to be climbing boards now which means we will need more points and potentially TJ falling to us.

I guess the way I look at it, if Hawthorn were going for Kosi from another team, I wouldnt be giving up a second rounder and I would probably push to try and get him for a 4th even. However I do seem to be lower on him than most in here.

Good, they can take him in the PSD. I'm sick of our club getting taken advantage of at the trade table.
That is getting taken advantage of. We want 2nd rounder, they offer 3rd we refuse 3rd and get nothing? How is that a win for us? By letting them get him for nothing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must have been terrible winning a flag

In all seriousness though he definitely didn’t make it out of the Cousins/Kerr/Gardiner era unscathed, ended up in psychiatric care

Must have been terrible winning a flag

In all seriousness though he definitely didn’t make it out of the Cousins/Kerr/Gardiner era unscathed, ended up in psychiatric care
Also lost his marriage and being part of his son growing up, so wld guess he has regrets.

How many west Australians have wanted to leave apart from Brockman?
Its not smart recruiting I don't think. If he's been with us for 2 year then when we drafted him, they would have already had a kid or being pregnant, it should be obvious that at such a young age they would seek family support in raising kids.

I got a question for you,
If Brockman and Koschitzke nominated for the ND where do you think they would be taken? Considering a lot of noise that only 40-50 picks might be used!

It’s not about teaching them anything, it’s about not taking rubbish picks just because he has declared one team as his destination. Could also screw West Coast a bit if they have something else in mind for the PSD. Even if they don’t, it is better than us looking weak as piss by accepting rubbish.
You can play hardball with Kosi or any other time. But if you have an out of contract player and a destination club with pick 1 in psd you just have to bend over and take what you can or risk getting nothing. It's all about leverage.

Now if there were other players looking to go to West Coast in a similar situation then they would have an issue as you can't draft both with 1 psd pick.

What we should have been doing was 12 months ago when we knew this was a likely outcome heavily target a West Coast player and have them demand a trade to us.

This is how Western Bulldogs dealt with Ryan Griffen leaving, they demanded Tom Boyd and everyone laughed until Tom Boyd told them to do it.

Again - that's fine with us.

I know we've spoken on this before NR, I just truly don't get your take.

We already have the picks to match a high bid for McCabe (anything up to pick 15)

So what's the purpose of getting picks we wont use?

For all thise saying they support realistic trade offers and seem to have found their voice after the rumour about "Pick 25 is rumour" tweet

The offer from North for Reis is

"A second offer has been put forward, with a deal of four picks. One option would be (Picks) 15, 18, 21 and an end of first-round pick next year. Or 15, 21 and two end of first-round picks next year" - Cal Twomey on North Melbourne's Pick 1 offer to West Coast

That is Pick 1 for 15,18,21 & 19(2024)
or
Pick 1 for 15,21 + 19 & 20(2024)

2+3 is media beatup.. North starts from the above 2 offers .

This tweet pretty much confirms my thoughts from the start in this so called bid for Reid. I thoroughly believe WC has said for us to push North as far as you can into giving up picks 2 + 3 and we'll look after you with Brockman once it's done. There's no way in hell we've ever been able to give up the same haul as them for pick 1 and I found it weird all along.

I guess we'll see how it all pans out but if we end up getting something like pick 22 or 36 for Brockman then I think it's clear as day we were working with them to panic North. Don't be surprised if we end up seeing and article / rumours floating that Hawthorn is close to a deal with WC on pick 1 with North to end up relenting and handing over pick 2 + 3.

I got a question for you,
If Brockman and Koschitzke nominated for the ND where do you think they would be taken? Considering a lot of noise that only 40-50 picks might be used!
good question, teams dont really take guys like that in the ND (as they rarely are in it)

as it currently stands if I was Richmond and he was sitting there waiting to be taken and I was on the clock at what is currently pick 28 I am not taking him there, I would hold and try and get him with my next pick being pick 49.

Brockman more interesting but also a team less likely to take as he has said he wants to go home. Think West Coast would pull the trigger at 43 knowing probably only Fremantle would go for him.

That would be if only those teams draft the players

If it was open to everyone and based on their talent I would have Brockman ahead of Koschitzke.

I would take Brockman based on my draft stuff that I've been doing for the last few years somewhere in the 30-40 bracket and Koschitzke in the 40-50 bracket

Just my opinions though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back