Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit surprised there hasnt been more talk about guys being linked to North Melbourne.

AFL have given the old "hint hint" that they should be trading the end of first picks next year and there's been no word at all about them trading them.

Stephens and Fisher been linked but their offers on them been laughable

If the market is throwing up those kind of comparables, it definitely doesn't hurt to float the idea.

Oh I am all for trying our luck, don't get me wrong. But as I have said a few times now - the Tigers were the recipients of the Shinbeggars overpaying for CCJ so they'll know that paying a second rounder for Kosi is pretty daft.

Harley would be just massive for our rebuild. I believe that if North are unwilling to give up 2 and 3 we will be giving the Eagles a massive bounty to get him. Get ready, buckle up !!!

Umm, how.. if 2& 3 is overs... then the next best offer can't be bigger than this.

so 4+single player is the next best offer if Eagles can persuade such a player & we are fine with losing.

Last edited:
It was an absolute pipe dream to expect that we were going to get a pick in the twenties for Kossy.

I mean this is a guy who played half the year in the VFL (in a team that was desperate for key forwards), was probably 50/50 to get cut at the end of the year and to top it off we (allegedly) offered him a princely one year contract of $150k a year (less than half the average AFL wage). The Tiges could point to all this and rightly tell us to get stuffed if we asked for a second rounder.

We do have a very unfortunate tendency of driving down the market value of our players before we trade them (look at Mitchell last year being played out of position). Time for our list managers and coaching staff to do a crash course in marketing and price setting I think!

as long as we don't draft a west australian. FFS
Always had the feeling Brockman would ask for a trade early on.

Watson has been on our radar for a while, l think he trained with that Hawks during pre season so they would have a very good indication of his talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our list management crew
View attachment 1828046
I hope they at least get a good belly rub when they roll over!
Question for everyone saying that we should make a stand on these players

Is is possible that we as supporters value our players higher than the average non Hawthorn supporter?

When the news broke about Kosi wanting to go to Richmond my initial thought was well that will be a fourth rounder.

I have a theory that holds me in good stead every year and it is whatever you think a guy is worth, add a round to it and thats where it generally lands

So people thinking player x is worth a second round pick he will go for a third rounder etc

As a result of that I have thought this whole time that Brockman would go for at best a third rounder. The fact the PSD is a tool for West Coast makes it a tough pill but one the club will likely swallow

Why you all waiting for RnL is he the most accurate source or part of the Recruiting team..

I've seen so many premierships in brown n gold
Hawthorn
Wangaratta Rovers
Box Hill Hawks

Go Hawks

Especially with Bruest in the twilight of his career, but think how good it would be for the Wiz to be mentored by him.
If l was him l would definitely want to be playing alongside Breust. Easily the most underated player in the AFL.
To develop your forward craft under him would be massive for a young player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back