Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
which I do get, I am not trying to call anyone out or anything like that. The best result would be matching on McCabe, Dear as a rookie pick up although he seems to be climbing boards now which means we will need more points and potentially TJ falling to us.

I guess the way I look at it, if Hawthorn were going for Kosi from another team, I wouldnt be giving up a second rounder and I would probably push to try and get him for a 4th even. However I do seem to be lower on him than most in here.
The lack of key position players increases the value of the average ones!

Oh I am all for trying our luck, don't get me wrong. But as I have said a few times now - the Tigers were the recipients of the Shinbeggars overpaying for CCJ so they'll know that paying a second rounder for Kosi is pretty daft.

It's the draft of daft so far, there's enough time in the last hour of the last day to given them what they want. Seems smart to ask for what we want all week into next, and then wait to see how everything else plays out.

I actually think they have a bit more give in them as a result of that. Part of what I do is negotiate deals for a living, and usually when someone has done extremely well they'll almost happily lose a little bit on the next deal because it doesn't hurt as much in the grand scheme of things.

Ultimately depends if they see value in him as more than a stop gap. If he's a place holder, definitely not going to get as low as a second rounder.

Last edited:

Imagine going to work to find out that your co worker who has been woeful at their job for 4 plus years is handed a pay rise and bonus this year and next year.
I guess it pays to be incompetent.

The AFL should've had a clause in the deal saying that they could not trade multiple picks for 1, defeats the purpose of trying to rebuild the club at a quicker rate.
Merge them with the Doggies, Western Kangaroos has a nice ring to it.

What did the Dogs do wrong to be involved in this?

"Shinbeggers" getting a run in the Drafts board now. :roflv1:

excellent GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not smart recruiting I don't think. If he's been with us for 2 year then when we drafted him, they would have already had a kid or being pregnant, it should be obvious that at such a young age they would seek family support in raising kids.

His partner wasn't pregnant when he was drafted.

Just a general question if we traded pick 4 and F1 etc to WC for pick 1, how do we get Smith next year without a first round? 🤔

Does anyone else sense that North are not going to pick Curtin even if West Coast do not trade with them for pick one?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That seems to be the consensus.. in which case our pick 4 gains west coast the same at Norths pick 2 which they aren’t offering up as yet anyway.. Our offer looks pretty good right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back