Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That surely can't be enough. If Brisbane are Top 4 again, their 2nd rounder could be in the early 40s after compo picks, bid matching etc. (and don't forget there's already an extra 2 charity picks that were given to North).

My proposal is Ryan + Pick 33 for Gunston + F1.

They might be able to justify it bc they had to trade their 1st this year for Dunkley last year so at least this way their first 2 picks are in the 2nd round.

If we got F1 we should keep it for next year and go into the 24 draft with a couple of first rounders more the better. And more we get give us a chance to move up the draft with other clubs.

Knew this would happen would not surprise me if they Bid on Dear also AC would have spend time with the family at Hawthorn surely.
Clubs won’t be bidding on McCabe and Dear to fck with us, they’d be doing it because there is a big lack in kpp talent going around.

Not sure either will become that but it’s possible we might strike gold with them both as well.

Who is the brother of a Hawthorn star in the draft.
Moving up the board into the first round this is a mistake yeah and should be hawthorn father son.

73c805bb88503f7e6a127fadc8735694.jpg

son.

Moving up the board into the first round this is a mistake yeah and should be hawthorn father son.

son.
Jiath

son.
CJs brother.

That surely can't be enough. If Brisbane are Top 4 again, their 2nd rounder could be in the early 40s after compo picks, bid matching etc. (and don't forget there's already an extra 2 charity picks that were given to North).

My proposal is Ryan + Pick 33 for Gunston + F1.

They might be able to justify it bc they had to trade their 1st this year for Dunkley last year so at least this way their first 2 picks are in the 2nd round.
That deal isn't getting accepted unless it's some wild Hawthorn fans dream

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to work our best side next season.

Hardwick Blanck Frost
Jiath Sicily Weddle

Amon Newcombe Day
Reeves Worpel Nash

Moore M Lewis C Mac
DGB Chol Breust

Int From: Impey, Ward, S Mitchell, Mackenzie, Butler, Scrimshaw, Frost, Ryan, Morrison, D'ambrozio, Gunston

11 Players on the interchange to pick from who could make that starting 18.

Trying to work our best side next season.

Hardwick Blanck Frost
Jiath Sicily Weddle

Amon Newcombe Day
Reeves Worpel Nash

Moore M Lewis C Mac
DGB Chol Breust

Int From: Impey, Ward, S Mitchell, Mackenzie, Butler, Scrimshaw, Frost, Ryan, Morrison, D'ambrozio, Gunston

11 Players on the interchange to pick from who could make that starting 18.
Take out someone for the Wiz

Can we PLEASE STOP bringing Ryan for any discussion? I don't think we want to get rid of him at all.
Couldn't agree more.

If the Lions with their Hawk connections, (Fagan, Hodge, Birchall, Gunners) are prepared to try and lure him with a 3-year deal, it probably means that the inside word is that we rate him.

If our club says he is off limits, it also probably means that we rate him.

If the club wants him, I'm happy with that.
If the club thought they could use the Lions interest to get a pick upgrade, they'd be discussing it now.

It seems that they don't.
I would say there's nothing more to discuss.

If North give up 2 and 3 for 1 (and change?)....
Then the AFL may as well fold them up right now.

(I'd love to see this in Barretts bullshit this week)

As bad as North are surely this is even beyond them. North must be angling for 2 and 2x teen picks. Is that better than our 4 and future first? We could even throw in our second or a player.

If the Eagles are serious about trading 1 for Curtain plus more, we must still be in this up to our eyeballs.

I've been following the hawks since 1969 as a six-year-old.

I'm embarrassed about the number of players I've thought were no good or average over the years, only to have them become stars.

I've learned over many years that I was too quick to judge and expected way too much too early.

In fact, I'd say, barring the last few years, (when I have learnt some patience), I can only think of four players that I was genuinely excited about from the beginning - Leigh Matthews, Darren Jarman John Platten and Cyril.

Here is some of my more embarrassing pre-judgements: -

Dunstall - Well, he's no Peter Hudson but he might be good for a goal or two each week. Looks a bit fat though.
Crawford - Starting at HFF. The word was that this kid was good, but I don't see it.
Dipper - Clumsy, can't kick - Why is he in the seniors?
Langford (Chris) - He's not good enough for full back. He should go back to the wing.
Joel Smith - Why did we waste our money on this guy. He's not the same player after his injury.
Hodge - He's ok, but why didn't we pick Judd.
Burgoyne - first season at hawks - not as good as he was. We overpaid.

I could go on, but the point is that few players will look anything like what they are capable of becoming, early on.
Most take a number of years to realize their potential.
We most likely have a few future stars playing VFL footy right now.

All we need is just a little patience.

If North give up 2 and 3 for 1 (and change?)....
Then the AFL may as well fold them up right now.

(I'd love to see this in Barretts bullshit this week)

As bad as North are surely this is even beyond them. North must be angling for 2 and 2x teen picks. Is that better than our 4 and future first? We could even throw in our second or a player.

If the Eagles are serious about trading 1 for Curtain plus more, we must still be in this up to our eyeballs.
Why do people think the eagles are desperate for Curtin? they aren’t freo players stick. They will take Reid or get 2/3 and they likely take Curtin in scenario 2 but even that’s not guaranteed. McKercher would be a lock and likely Curtin but maybe Duursma or Watson appeal to then as much as they appeal to us.

Why do people think the eagles are desperate for Curtin? they aren’t freo players stick. They will take Reid or get 2/3 and they likely take Curtin in scenario 2 but even that’s not guaranteed. McKercher would be a lock and likely Curtin but maybe Duursma or Watson appeal to then as much as they appeal to us.
They effectively traded Sheezel out fot Ginbey and Hewett last year.

There's a chance they double down.

They effectively traded Sheezel out fot Ginbey and Hewett last year.

There's a chance they double down.

I think they will the AFL will also place pressure on them to do so as it’s why the assistance package was given to North. I’m not saying they don’t factor location in just that it’s not significant if there’s a better player they will take them. Ginbey is a steal at 9 and hewett looks good too so they did very well.

I've been following the hawks since 1969 as a six-year-old.

I'm embarrassed about the number of players I've thought were no good or average over the years, only to have them become stars.

I've learned over many years that I was too quick to judge and expected way too much too early.

In fact, I'd say, barring the last few years, (when I have learnt some patience), I can only think of four players that I was genuinely excited about from the beginning - Leigh Matthews, Darren Jarman John Platten and Cyril.

Here is some of my more embarrassing pre-judgements: -

Dunstall - Well, he's no Peter Hudson but he might be good for a goal or two each week. Looks a bit fat though.
Crawford - Starting at HFF. The word was that this kid was good, but I don't see it.
Dipper - Clumsy, can't kick - Why is he in the seniors?
Langford (Chris) - He's not good enough for full back. He should go back to the wing.
Joel Smith - Why did we waste our money on this guy. He's not the same player after his injury.
Hodge - He's ok, but why didn't we pick Judd.
Burgoyne - first season at hawks - not as good as he was. We overpaid.

I could go on, but the point is that few players will look anything like what they are capable of becoming, early on.
Most take a number of years to realize their potential.
We most likely have a few future stars playing VFL footy right now.

All we need is just a little patience.

Me. Want. Premiership. Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back