Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they will the AFL will also place pressure on them to do so as it’s why the assistance package was given to North. I’m not saying they don’t factor location in just that it’s not significant if there’s a better player they will take them. Ginbey is a steal at 9 and hewett looks good too so they did very well.
I'd take Sheezel over that duo.

They seem like decent players though, I'll give them that.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

I've been following the hawks since 1969 as a six-year-old.

I'm embarrassed about the number of players I've thought were no good or average over the years, only to have them become stars.

I've learned over many years that I was too quick to judge and expected way too much too early.

In fact, I'd say, barring the last few years, (when I have learnt some patience), I can only think of four players that I was genuinely excited about from the beginning - Leigh Matthews, Darren Jarman John Platten and Cyril.

Here is some of my more embarrassing pre-judgements: -

Dunstall - Well, he's no Peter Hudson but he might be good for a goal or two each week. Looks a bit fat though.
Crawford - Starting at HFF. The word was that this kid was good, but I don't see it.
Dipper - Clumsy, can't kick - Why is he in the seniors?
Langford (Chris) - He's not good enough for full back. He should go back to the wing.
Joel Smith - Why did we waste our money on this guy. He's not the same player after his injury.
Hodge - He's ok, but why didn't we pick Judd.
Burgoyne - first season at hawks - not as good as he was. We overpaid.

I could go on, but the point is that few players will look anything like what they are capable of becoming, early on.
Most take a number of years to realize their potential.
We most likely have a few future stars playing VFL footy right now.

All we need is just a little patience.
I remember thinking Roughy didn't look that impressive. And that we'd wasted a pick on Jordan Lewis.

But was sure we had struck gold wtih Xavier Ellis

If a MSD pick can get us a future 2nd or 3rd round pick maybe we do it we need talent in the door
You don't get more talent in the room by letting it walk out the door.

Imagine letting Newcombe walk after his first half season where he played a few impressive games and few quiet ones and was dropped.

Ryan was a big part of us beating Collingwood.

Brisbane saw that after losing to Collingwood and identity him as being able to improve them. The runners up.

Brisbane chose not to play Gunston against Collingwood and he had a mediocre year.

Gunston has been down for a few years now and gets by on smarts but struggles to create space for himself. Would be good to keep but not worth weakening our draft hand for. Future 5th or pick 120 this year. Mitchell was pick 88 coming off a Bnf win.

Ryan has gotten better each time he's stepped up a level and is yet to do an AFL preseason or be in a professional environment. He will drastically improve. Would not give him up lightly and a speculative pick in the 30s isn't going to improve our list, Ryan leaving puts us back a rung.

Cam Rayner would be a dream!!! Put him in our forward 50 PLEASE and let him go to work.
Not much of a dream. Hardly a better player now than when he debuted. Pick 1 hype is the only reason anyone would think he was worth signing.

Not much of a dream. Hardly a better player now than when he debuted. Pick 1 hype is the only reason anyone would think he was worth signing.

Hmm forget the pick he went at. I would take him EVERY day of the week before Bailey Smith who is talked up on here.

I watch a lot of footy and this lad has it. Mix of power, speed and reckon he is going to explode over the next few years into the elite category.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm forget the pick he went at. I would take him EVERY day of the week before Bailey Smith who is talked up on here.

I watch a lot of footy and this lad has it. Mix of power, speed and reckon he is going to explode over the next few years into the elite category.
He’s nowhere near fit enough. Does a couple of nice things around each game but has giant quiet patches because he can’t sustain the effort for any length of time.

Has talent but won’t get much better than he is now unless he puts a mountain of work in off the track.

Keeping it bland.
  • 2024 Third + Pick 63 --> (Brisbane) Gunston + 2024 Third + Pick 51
  • 2024 Third [via Brisbane] --> (Essendon) Massimo D’Ambrosio
  • Koschitzke + Pick 54 --> (Richmond) 2024 Third + Pick 50
  • 2024 Third [via Rich] + 2024 Fourth --> (GC) Mabior Chol
Draft
  • Pick 4 (Hawthorn): Nicholas Watson
  • Pick 17 (matched bid): William McCabe | Matched with 33, 44 with Pick 64 coming back
  • Pick 48 (matched bid): Calsher Dear | Matched with Pick 50
  • Pick 51 (Hawthorn): Will Lorenz
Starting 22
B: Sicily Blanck Hardwick
HB: Weddle Scrim Jiath
C: Amon Nash Ward
HF: Moore Gunston CMac
F: Watson Lewis Breust
Fol: Reeves Newcombe Day
Int: Worpel Impey Maginness Chol
Sub: Wingard*

You just don't play players in a GF if their body isn't right. I'm tipping Gunston wasn't 100% which if true, they made the right call

Didn't Hodge win a Normie with broken ribs?

Mark gonna storm into the start of the coming week like a man on a mission - it's go time:

Wwe Raw GIF

Really hope we make some waves, but fully expecting it to limited to Chol, Gunners and Mass and be a little sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back