List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyon played him in 19 games and I think was dropped only once, think he sustained an injury mid year. Lyon must see something in him.

He must. And his skills on both sides of his body are very good. He is also very good around the ball.

It’s just seems his lack of pace stops him from cementing a designated role. He seems to be playing a bit here and a bit there.

Billings: One day he kicked 5 and had 30 possessions against the Blues. This was in 2017. That is seriously elite and not many players have done that. Someone mentioned previously on here that was his best season, so right up until 2017, his progress and development was slow, but it was still perfectly acceptable. There was still optimism he would take on the next step.

What happened? It can’t all be Richo and development, since he played three years under Ratten and continued the regression. It’s at a point now rival clubs are barely showing any interest. Injuries weren’t a big issue until this year. Hasn’t replicated that big day out against the Blues or the big comeback against the dogs in recent years.

Last edited:
If Ginnivan is available we would be mad not to ask the question.

His best is bordering on elite, and at worst he keeps Higgins accountable.

Thats the main issue imo.

Dougal will get us at best a late first but most likely a pick in the 20’s.

Clarke would be a pick in the 30’s, Billings about the same if not lower
Coff would be pick 40ish

Zac Jones Paton Dmac would all be DFA tier.

They can all be cut (apart from Dougal) but not much value there in trades

I don’t think there are any gun FA mids that we can get either.
Clarke…

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully there’s a bench press clause in Hunter’s contract
Kayo randomly have a mini from our early 2018 draw against GWS. Clark is playing and he looks exactly the same so I wouldn’t put any money on a clause like that. ;)

Used it a few times on the weekend from memory. Kicked a deep entry from outside fifty that Max held onto for about 9/10 of a mark.

I don't think it goes noticed so much because it looks very natural but it definitely gets used a lot. Even when he has time to straighten up on his right, which frustrates me at times.

He’s generally our best kick inside 50. Even when he munts them in it’s usually a good option. I think he’s slow and limited but he’s got some great aspects as well. I think we have jumped off a few players thinking that they were gone but it’s become a bit over the top.

Go for it
Nah you're safe - as much as I hate Ginnivan, I'm not gonna waste my perma-ban fund on him or you. Got my eyes on a bigger prize!!!

As for Ginnivan - doesn't tackle, biggest ducker the AFL has ever seen - so much so they changed the rules.

Once that happened he stopped being effective because most of his goals came from his embarrasing ducking.

GRESHAM WEIGHS INTEREST

JADE Gresham will soon decide his next steps after meeting with clubs in recent weeks, with the St Kilda free agent catching rival interest.

As revealed on Gettable last month, Essendon has had interest in Gresham as a free agent option and remains in a group of what is around three clubs who have interest in the Saint.

St Kilda has not got an offer in front of Gresham, who this week had his exit meeting with the club and said he would spend time thinking on his future with the Saints crashing out of the finals.

Richmond met with Gresham but it is understood that is unlikely to be his destination.

Then he needs quicker players around him. And he needs to be the player who gets first hands on the ball and feeds it out.

Crouch and Steele have been those players. We lack leg speed if Clark is also part of that mix.
I agree. i think he’s got good awareness and uses the the ball well. But you are correct, we need some players with acceleration around him. Personally I think Windhager can be one of those players.

Nah you're safe - as much as I hate Ginnivan, I'm not gonna waste my perma-ban fund on him or you. Got my eyes on a bigger prize!!!

As for Ginnivan - doesn't tackle, biggest ducker the AFL has ever seen - so much so they changed the rules.

Once that happened he stopped being effective because most of his goals came from his embarrasing ducking.

I’d take you down with return fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back