List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would rather Jaryd Lyons over M.Crouch if we’re looking at depth mids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? He's 31 and been injury prone over the last couple of years. Matt is only 28 and free. Pretty similar types of inside ball winning old school extractor mids. Both would be handy though. I reckon Adelaide will offer Crouch a contract now, he's been great lately. 17 contested possessions from 33 touches in his last game. We'd be lucky to get 17 contested possessions from out whole midfield some weeks.

Flanders and Parish should be our main targets also think Henry is more chance of being a Saint than not. Hope we are talking to McRae from the pies

McCreery?

Not a fan of Parish, ball butcher. But it would be a free hit so I wouldn’t be that mad if we got him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He is but he wins his own ball and still has some run. He's got a bit of each way in him where guys like Crouch and Lyons are a bit one paced plodders. We still look like an extractor would make life easier for our mids.

Not a fan of Parish, ball butcher. But it would be a free hit so I wouldn’t be that mad if we got him.

Don’t be that guy. Folks were saying the same about Taranto.
He’s also #1 centre clearance and #3 total clearances by average. (We’re third last in clearances)
Imagine him under Ross.

DD766847-3D6D-4233-9D8D-4CDBAC6535DD.jpeg

Last edited:
How bad were Essendon?
Parish hasn't signed....we just made the decision a bit easier.

Same with Flanders as we are playing finals with great crowd support GCs are not and it is what players dream about.

We did ourselves no harm with players considering joining us with the an absolute demolishment of a pretty tired and looking old Cats side.

Interesting changing of the guard with Ess, Cats and Rich sliding and GCS GWS Ade and Hawks coming up the other way.

If we can get frdp from GCS and get Sanders and pick up Parish or Flanders we are looking better for next year.

Cordy last night makes me think that Doogs for an early pick if we have somebody in mind may be a sensible idea.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Finlay MaCrae

Oh right.... that makes sense. I was thinking their coach. He's not too bad. Looks like his brother but a bit lower production so far.

Don’t be that guy. Folks were saying the same about Taranto.
He’s also #1 centre clearance and #3 total clearances by average. (We’re third last in clearances)
Imagine him under Ross.

View attachment 1779532

I understand the argument but I just feel like my brain couldn’t handle anymore dump kicks into our forward 50, allowing their intercept defender to rack up record numbers.

I wouldn’t want Tarantula either tbh.

I understand the argument but I just feel like my brain couldn’t handle anymore dump kicks into our forward 50, allowing their intercept defender to rack up record numbers.

I wouldn’t want Tarantula either tbh.

Parish and Taranto would be the 1st couple picked at Stkilda every week

Cordy last night makes me think that Doogs for an early pick if we have somebody in mind may be a sensible idea.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app
The reduction in my game anxiety from not having him there is profound and Cordy is orders on magnitude a smarter footballer.
I don't think I've said one bad word about Doogs ever, but l hope to never see him in StKilda colours again.

Last edited:
Exactly it’s completely devoid of genuine midfielders after the top 12. The players you mentioned are all very much outside wings/ or small forwrad options. A few sliders I liked at the championships are Clay Hall, Kane McAuliffe and Kade De La Rue but are not players who we could expect to have an immediate impact like top 10 picks.
Cooper Simpson could be worth a shot in the mid to late 20s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parish and Taranto would be the 1st couple picked at Stkilda every week

They would, but I just personally do not think they would have increased our chances of winning any more games than what we have already.

The outs list is really beginning to solidify.
Doogs
Gresh
Billings
Pato
Highmore
(Roughly 2.2- 2.3M$ in SC right here)

Pleasingly, Membrey seems to have rediscovered his urgency and based off the last 2 weeks is definitely worth hanging on to till the end of his contract or longer if form holds.

On the maybe pile is Coff and Clark. Another $1M in SC space and on the fringes. I don't think there's enough in the pot to get all the ambitions done so its a good chance one or both are gone.

We actually look a better and more composed defence without Howard playing, so if there is interest in him then see ya Dougal. Im sure your team mates wont miss the spray they get when they dont or cant cover your opponent for you. GCS actually are a club that need another tall defender I wonder if Howard could be involved in a trade for Flanders?

If Dusty goes to GCS will they potentially need to lose some salary? Media reports it as a backended contract thats between 1m-1.4m.

Could help us with Flanders or even potentially King?
Yes but they will apply for extra cap space to sign him as a marque player. Afl will effectively pay his salary. Did similar with Ben king when we came knocking a few years back.

I know it's not the rage at the moment but l think there is a strong sneeky chance Ben King lands at StKilda this trade season.

We actually look a better and more composed defence without Howard playing, so if there is interest in him then see ya Dougal. Im sure your team mates wont miss the spray they get when they dont or cant cover your opponent for you. GCS actually are a club that need another tall defender I wonder if Howard could be involved in a trade for Flanders?

That would be the hope, but they have Chol and Andrews that they can throw back there. But if Flanders nominates Saints then that may not be out of the question.

I know it's not the rage at the moment but l think there is a strong sneeky chance Ben King lands at StKilda this trade season.

Hunch or good oil?

I'm all aboard the Zaine Train. He suits our defence so well, and I feel that he's very well liked by his team mates. Not a world beater by any means, but solid and a good kick. Howard, on the other hand, seems the objectively better player, but less suited to the way we play
With this is mind, I reckon a 3 way trade with us, GC and Sydney could work quite well if Sydney are looking for a Key Defender and miss out on McKay. Something like:

Stk Out:

Howard, Pick 13, Pick 32

Stk In:

Pick 4

Sydney Out:

Pick 22, Pick 41

Sydney In:

Howard

GC Out:

Pick 4 (2034 points)

GC In:

Pick 13, Pick 22, Pick 32, Pick 41 (3053 Points, or Pick 18 surplus)

GC could then either on trade pick 13, or even take our future first instead. We could use pick 4 to draft a high quality pure mid to go with the young hybrids we already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back