List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
What stands out is how god awful boring other boards trade threads are (Injectors with the added bonus of also being mind-numbingly unintelligent).

This thread is a shining beacon of what is possible. What others should aspire to.

In the past week we have touched on cuisine, geopolitics, toilet sex, and some trades. We’re the Michael Bevan all-rounders of the footballing world and should be appreciated accordingly.

Correct.

Just think how stupid and boring it would be if you had a thread simply dedicated to trading.
I've even heard some simpletons suggest that it would be possible to have a radio station dedicated to just trading.

What stands out is how god awful boring other boards trade threads are (Injectors with the added bonus of also being mind-numbingly unintelligent).

This thread is a shining beacon of what is possible. What others should aspire to.

In the past week we have touched on cuisine, geopolitics, toilet sex, and some trades. We’re the Michael Bevan all-rounders of the footballing world and should be appreciated accordingly.
They don't even understand the extent of the insult calling them ownice books.

Don't know why anybody goes to those boards or to troll like our injector DNA deprived friend above.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sometimes I fear we’re slipping into the Michael Slater mould rather than Bevo and might end up with a restraining order and drug habit, but so far this board manages to defy the odds and stay somewhat functional.

As opposed to what?

Patty WOW and Rory *ing lobb I love you guys.
As opposed to what? Well, if I was your list manager and had $2m to spend, perhaps wait 12 months and offer:
  • $1m a year for McCluggage as a FA
  • $1m a year for a OOC Ben King
But you have a departing melomaniac who wants to spend it all now (because it is all about him). So you get:
  • A full back averaging less than 10 games a year
  • A 36yo ruckman
  • A skinny flanker that failed as a mid
  • A small forward who looked a gun, but doesn't tackle and cant kick over a jam tin since he busted his achilleas
Solid plan

Last edited:
Correct.

Just think how stupid and boring it would be if you had a thread simply dedicated to trading.
I've even heard some simpletons suggest that it would be possible to have a radio station dedicated to just trading

Backyard Pharma Abusers board waiting for Dildos $9.99 p/w subscription trade app to update...

Attachments

• IMG_20231010_235023.jpg
    IMG_20231010_235023.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 83

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also because I am a somewhat vindictive sh*t and Essendon have already blown their warchest, would we have any interest in McGrath as a RFA next year? Only signed very late in the piece last time, and might want to actually play finals sometime in his career.

JWebb maybe only got one more left and Paton is struggling. Only leaves Stocker for that role. So would likely slot into our best 22 and would only be 26 when he arrives. Not saying offer crazy money, but for nothing but SC he is maybe worth the question.

If nothing else we force Essendon to pay up to keep him

Sounds a bit rich if we’re trying to pay everyone what they’re worth. But If that’s Essendon‘s offer we’d only have to give him the $700k. He stands to lose a lot of money if they try that.
Which is why you’d think the deal for Gresh would have to go through.

If you encourage a player to nominate you and then don’t get it done your name would be mud and it would surely discourage any player manager to send their player there in the future.

The ownice is very definitely on Dildoro here To get it done in a deal that suits us.

Also because I am a somewhat vindictive sh*t and Essendon have already blown their warchest, would we have any interest in McGrath as a RFA next year? Only signed very late in the piece last time, and might want to actually play finals sometime in his career.

JWebb maybe only got one more left and Paton is struggling. Only leaves Stocker for that role. So would likely slot into our best 22 and would only be 26 when he arrives. Not saying offer crazy money, but for nothing but SC he is maybe worth the question.

If nothing else we force Essendon to pay up to keep him
Poor man’s ryan byrnes.

I’d pay some of his salary to keep him at Essendon.

Time to find out if other clubs are still interested in jade gresham. Flick Essendon. I'd be happy to keep him and make him a big game player for us. If the whole team had played like he did in the finals, we'd have got a lot further into September.

Last edited:
There could be a few reasons for the hold up, relating to both Shiel and Gresham.

Saints could be driving a hard bargain for Shiel (i.e., he comes to us with their 2nd for our 3rd) if Essendon are desperate to move his salary on with all their acquisitions.

Equally, Bombers could be driving a hard bargain in not accepting the above scenario and wanting Saints to give up our 2nd for him to help in some of their trades.

Bombers may be fine tuning details of the contract to suit both their SC and banding for us to accept, or potentially call our bluff, similar to Crows with Crouch.

Maybe Saints are wanting to push back offer because we don't want that compensation pick being available when we are trying to do current deals (i.e., Freo wanting it for Henry).

I've just got this nagging feeling that there is a fair bit of haggling being undertaken between SOS and Dildoro around Shiel and what that trade looks like to facilitate Essendon acquisitions (McKay, Gresham, Goldstein, Duursma).

Their supporters who act like they know everything in the trade threads have been talking up their salary cap room in anticipation for a return to relevancy and they are going to blow $2m on the s**t McKay, the s**t Duursma, the Geriatric Goldstein and Gresham
I was thinking just the same thing this morning.
What a shit bunch of players to spend a big chunk of your sc on.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whats this talk about Rory Lobb

Will Gould would be a handy DFA with Coffield out the door
Will Gould might muster up the will to go again with the Mighty Saints after seeing his AFL dreams in the can. Take that second chance that players like Steven May and Mason Wood took. SOS may be able to get him by whispering in his ear: "Don't be forever thinking coulda shoulda woulda, old Goulda"

Whats this talk about Rory Lobb
Just a back up plan in case our big play for Ben Brown doesn't come off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back