List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite what we think of Essendon, it is fair enough to only want Gres FA and not trade, we said the exact same thing to Adelaide.
If we are lowballed and match, Gres has to swallow his pride and play at the Saints again. Apparently has a good relationship with RTB so will be all good.
These guys see this as a job, Gres looking to maximise his big paydays before retiring and going back to the real world.
Agree. Without wanting to defend Dumbfo, there is clearly more going on here in the background. I don’t understand the criticism that they should just pay $800k guaranteed. Would we want to do that?

Lol, Cal Twomey’s Essendon commentary is getting a little too obvious in the bias.

Cal Twomey: You’d think if the Saints match Essendon would just walk away at this point. Dodoro is so good, so good at this. He’s so handsome too, such a handsome man. Gresham would be desperate to play at such a big, successful club as well. A club hampered by SPURIOUS, SPURIOUS I say, allegations of doping in the 21st century, driven by a jealousy of other teams in the comp.

Sam Edmunds: … ok so ignoring all that, do we think Gresham will get to Essendon..?

Cal Twomey: Yeah I think it’ll get done Sam.

I think if you do the work to get a player to nominate you. Then you effectively are willing to do what it takes to bring them in.

As a supporter would you care if your club invests another 100k of its cap space if it brought in all the players that nominated them and burnt no picks?
There’s an expectation that you’ll get the deal done but there are limits, are you happy with our first for Henry?.

There’s an expectation that you’ll get the deal done but there are limits, are you happy with our first for Henry?.
I was referencing contracted players with that comment as he mentioned the Hill deal and I referenced Dunkley.

If it’s restricted free agency. Just pay what needs to be done.

Out of contract players like Henry are different all together. It’s about realism with them.

Look at how SOS navigated the Jack Martin deal. Outright told his manager and the player they would take him through the draft if required

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's wrong with those dickheads. AFL giving them the chance to bring in a group of 1st round picks and they're instead bundling them all up for 1 guy. No wonder they're shithouse. Pure ammos club playing in elite sport lmao

I was referencing contracted players with that comment as he mentioned the Hill deal and I referenced Dunkley.

If it’s restricted free agency. Just pay what needs to be done.

Out of contract players like Henry are different all together. It’s about realism with them.

Look at how SOS navigated the Jack Martin deal. Outright told his manager and the player they would take him through the draft if required
Personally I think you only need to satisfy the player, the other club in this case st Kilda has the right to match. I’m certainly not paying overs for Gresham if I’m essendon. I have no doubt this had more moving parts originally and we’re just as likely to have changed our position as them.

He's a professional athlete testing his market worth in a career that only lasts 10 years, not sure what the big deal is.

Good on him.
Doesn't change the fact he has a bit of FIGJAM about him. He has been overpaid for years.

Trying to squeeze an extra $100k a year after tax wouldn't move the needle for him that much.

Fancy wanting to go to the Bombers of all places.

That’s got to be a joke right? West Coast should honestly tax them for lowballing that low. Something like “we would have accepted picks 2 and 3 and a 2nd round pick, but now we want pick 15 as well.”
At this point I think North think they can just get anything with the amount of gifts they’ve been given the last few years.

I really hope we keep Jack Billings, I can’t believe he’s not in our best 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back