List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your missing the point, Gresh manager talks to Ess they agree to a wage which Gresh wants and agrees to go there that should be end of negotiating so what happened either Gresh wants more then he asked for or Ess down graded his $$$ it should be black & white no more talk.

So now Gresh is in limbo cause Ess have changed the deal.
I don’t see how you’ve come to that conclusion, where has anyone suggested Gresham isn’t happy ?. What’s certain in this is clearly st Kilda aren’t happy and have acted accordingly.

But they have worked on Gresham. Convinced him to go there. Convinced him to publicly nominate Essendon as his club of choice.

At some point there is corporate responsibility to get the deal done for the player, rather than leaving him high and dry because they haven’t planned for other contingencies.

The failed Dunkley trade is exhibit-A. A shocking look for that club and humiliated Dunkley, who stuck his neck on the block by nominating Essendon as a contracted player.

Essendon knew the Bulldogs would demand 2 x 1st RDPs. Bulldogs were transparent from day one what they wanted. But Essendon refused to pay-up. Dunkley was abandoned and had to awkwardly return back to the Bulldogs.

It almost happened to Dylan Shiel in 2018. GWS wanted 2 x 1st RDPs but Dodoro refused to do it, even though Shiel nominated Essendon as his club of choice.

In the dying hours of that trade period Dan Richardson (Dodoro’s boss) pulled the trigger and sidelined Dodoro. Richardson got it done (trading 2 x 1st RDPs) because a club commitment was made to the player.

Sometimes clubs have a moral obligation to get deals done for players that publicly nominate them for trade. They take a personal risk in doing so.
Exactly right.

Not quite as bad but Don’t forget the fact Daniher wanted out of Essendon due to poor rehab treatment and wanting to get out of Melb.
Sydney offered up pick 9 and a future 1st round pick (which ended up being pick 3 Logan McDonald).
Essendon rejected and let him go for a pick 7 compo the following year.

This was all because of dodoro’s ego and wanting to win every trade.

I think your missing the point, Gresh manager talks to Ess they agree to a wage which Gresh wants and agrees to go there that should be end of negotiating so what happened either Gresh wants more then he asked for or Ess down graded his $$$ it should be black & white no more talk.

So now Gresh is in limbo cause Ess have changed the deal.

Give him a hug and bring him home.
Get BJ to give him a heart to heart about the bullet he dodged.
( You'd think that Paddy Ryder would have warned him ).

I don’t see how you’ve come to that conclusion, where has anyone suggested Gresham isn’t happy ?. What’s certain in this is clearly st Kilda aren’t happy and have acted accordingly.
Gresham has no issues with anyone at the Saints

We should flip the script and try to trade for Duursma now.

Talk to him about how Dunkley and Gresham both got stuffed around etc...

StKilda can only match or not match.
What actions are you suggesting they've taken?

Wonder if half of Gresham's problem is his agent.

It’s hard to know. And at the end of the day it is a business decision. Fair enough as well.

But football clubs should be honouring the good faith of players who publicly nominate them when draft picks aren’t involved (FA) or when they are contracted. That is a fair balance they should straddle.

If we match Gresham's FA deal do we only need to match the guaranteed $$ in Essendons offer only or the incentives as well? That might shape our appetite to match and Gresham's attitude to staying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we match Gresham's FA deal do we only need to match the guaranteed $$ in Essendons offer only or the incentives as well? That might shape our appetite to match and Gresham's attitude to staying.
Just did the research it is just the guaranteed portion and years etc not incentives so easy decision you would think

Time to find out if other clubs are still interested in jade gresham. Flick Essendon. I'd be happy to keep him and make him a big game player for us. If the whole team had played like he did in the finals, we'd have got a lot further into September.
I like Gresh and I'll be disappointed if he leaves. Any player who, in the worst season in their career, kicks 21 goals from the midfield can be a special player.
I think we should back him in.
But I understand he has to go if he and the staff aren't on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back