List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

ohhhh mid season trading - Shiel can be got in June

Happy Season 5 GIF by Friends
He's falling apart, by mid season next year he will be sharing a room with DMac at Healing Hans sanitorium in Germany.

Last edited:
If Morris says we are a 5% chance on getting Shiel , he will be a Saint by days end.
They shopped him.

It is very hard to walk it back if the player then decides he wants out.

If he stays and he could very well - Essendon have botched the handling of this.

But with no extra info other then what I’ve already shared.

I’m going to tip a late trade.

After thinking Billings had to go all year I convinced myself a week ago he would be valuable this year with Gresh out and Henry to settle in. There must be something else in the pipeline otherwise the bargain price doesn't sit with me, where is the cap space going.

They shopped him.

If he stays and he could very well - Essendon have botched the handling of this.

I’ll ask you. What do you think the trade looks like in terms of:

1. Picks
2. Contract % paid by Bombers

Things could get ugly next year if we get a few injuries.

Jones and McKenzie never play. Ross starting to become more injury prone. Membrey a good chance to not play again.

Billings, Gresh and Coffield all gone. It won't take many injuries before we are relying on 2nd and even 1st year players to be in the side.

I have NFI how far the likes of Hotton etc are of AFL pace, but the list depth looks a real concern.

Would not be shocked if we have to go backwards before playing finals again.

Doesn't have to be to us though.

I think it's pretty clear what's happened. Shiel was dumped into the Gresham negotiations (Salary dump to improve Gresh's guaranteed contract), all parties were happy, then Shiel's daughter crushes his rock solid knee with her super human strength, so we reconsider, and bailed. Gresh deal needs a bit more work but gets done, and again, all parties happy.

Not sure what's changed since that point? No way we should get involved unless there's a serious carrot being dangled for us to take him. I reckon we've been super generous in our last couple of deals.....time for SOS to get one back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They shopped him.

They be kings of doing this, their players are all adonis and required godlike individuals who can do no wrong, so why would you wish to go? As far as Essendon are concerned anyway, it's part of why some clubs straight refuse to entertain even a discussion with them, they'll burn their own bridges so why get involved during a selling period?

The only good thing from Dodo moving to advisory is that he can then be ignored at some different peril, so they might be able to recover some relationships as a club. That'd be a crying shame.

Not sure what all the Billings melts are?

He doesn’t want to play for us and we don’t him to play for us. It’s just unfortunate that he was signed to a long term deal by a prior list team that we may have to eat a little salary to get an unhappy player off the team when we’re bringing through an exciting group of young, hungry talent.

He’s been in the system almost 10 years, how much longer can we say “he just needs a good run at it”?

Time to move on, it’s best for both parties.

Things could get ugly next year if we get a few injuries.

Jones and McKenzie never play. Ross starting to become more injury prone. Membrey a good chance to not play again.

Billings, Gresh and Coffield all gone. It won't take many injuries before we are relying on 2nd and even 1st year players to be in the side.

I have NFI how far the likes of Hotton etc are of AFL pace, but the list depth looks a real concern.

Would not be shocked if we have to go backwards before playing finals again.
If we have to take a step back, thats fine with me. Build for the future and get the list cloggers out ASAP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back