List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

ohhhh mid season trading - Shiel can be got in June

Happy Season 5 GIF by Friends
He's falling apart, by mid season next year he will be sharing a room with DMac at Healing Hans sanitorium in Germany.

Last edited:
Okay my argument against that is what is more valuable to us?

A pick 40-50 player and lets say 250k in salary space (the draftee will eat into the 250k as well btw) or a mature footy player that can either be a competent backup or if he gets his body right and pulls his finger out can still be top 15 on our list.

Once again I have 0 qualms in trading Billings but I just think if we're trading him for pick 45 AND still paying some of his wedge that we might as well keep him.
That is your view, obviously the coaches including Lyon have a different view.

I couldn’t care less if his nieces friend is Lethlean secretary’s cousin. You can know someone at the club and still be a complete flog.

Would rather hear from a flamingo having a laugh than some attention seeking loser who claps in peoples faces when a player they like gets binned.

It’s the opinions, conversations and laughs that make bigfooty any inside information can be read a week later in the paper anyway.
Gents.

You can just click ignore on my profile.

The footy food is so bad. If that was at Marvel it would be some sparse rubbery meat and three strands of limp lettuce on a three day old hotdog bun and cost you $17.
I went to gather round and Adelaide oval while not blow your mind good had food trucks with proper food there.

Made marvel and the g look amateur.

Got some actually good fresh fried calamari and chips. The “fish and chips” at marvel is genuinely foul.

No one really wants him, hence we're selling.
This is different to Shiel as despite his wants Dodo and the gang are a hard no we won't go, so they aren't selling.
This is also why we said "GTFO" when Coff requested a trade, as happy to sell.

Question on the Shiel thing is are we buying, and answer is probably not.

And oof Hawks getting Ginni, midget crew assemble!
How's the contrast between the way StK are approaching players who want a fresh start & the Dopers?

Dodo trying to shaft D'Ambrosio despite them only offering him a rookie deal & Hawthorn offering a guaranteed senior spot and Ess a reasonable pick in return.

Shiel not in their plans or best 22 but pricing him out of any serious chance at getting another chance.

v

Coffield & Billings.

We may be disappointed with what we get back in return but we're also doing the right thing by players.

He's vanilla but still has class and skills. If you can get him fit he could be a great get. He was around 25 when he started to break down and that's usually when players hit peak consistency.

I think we need an outside Mid who can use the ball, hope he helps

Good player. I liked him always thought he was a good consistent player. Inconsistent when it came to what people expected of him (superstar 4 goal a game mid forward) but if you expect a 20-25 touch a game player with neat enough kicking he’s your man. Will play on the wing and half forward. He’ll kick you goals if he gets the ball in a bit of space but he won’t snap them like kozzie.

Thanks mate

Hopefully he does well

Small forwards having fun this year - Brockman, Schultz, McAdam, Ginnivan. I don't think small forwards matter that much tbh but I guess the clubs like them.
Think in part is also because
1. clubs don’t rate this year’s draft and
2. the fact not a lot of good players are getting traded this year. Best traded player is Shultz :)

Sam Edmund reporting that Dylan Shiel absolutely will not get done. We are not interested

Question - Has the entire Shiel talk all trade period come from Dodo and Shiels manager?

If so it really is the silly season on here. 100s and 100s of pages of essentially nothing, while quite aggravating trying to skim through it all while thinking it must have some legs to keep doing the rounds on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just ignore the whingers.. They’ll always whinge no matter what happens..

I for one appreciate your inputs.. Think Wines would have been a good in, but oh well.

I do too, but he's still a massive campaigner. ;)

How's the contrast between the way StK are approaching players who want a fresh start & the Dopers?

Dodo trying to shaft D'Ambrosio despite them only offering him a rookie deal & Hawthorn offering a guaranteed senior spot and Ess a reasonable pick in return.

Shiel not in their plans or best 22 but pricing him out of any serious chance at getting another chance.

v

Coffield & Billings.

We may be disappointed with what we get back in return but we're also doing the right thing by players.

We're not here to make friends though. Stuff them.

Question - Has the entire Shiel talk all trade period come from Dodo and Shiels manager?

If so it really is the silly season on here. 100s and 100s of pages of essentially nothing, while quite aggravating trying to skim through it all while thinking it must have some legs to keep doing the rounds on here.
Someone approached us.

We have met with Shiel.

We have always been interested without someone needing to tell us to have a clarity wank about getting him. I.e not trading high picks for him.

The fact Shiel/his agent is getting the media to start talking about him wanting to play with us with 5 hours to go, says there might be some more to play out.

As I posted the other week. If it happens. If we decide we want Shiel.

It will happen late.

I wish Jack Billings all the very best. Unfortunately he never reached his potential at the saints, which is disappointing for both him and us. It's difficult to dislike him.

Him leaving just about brings the Richo era to its conclusion.

Small forwards having fun this year - Brockman, Schultz, McAdam, Ginnivan. I don't think small forwards matter that much tbh but I guess the clubs like them.

Small forwards made the difference in the last 3 premierships. Pickett, Stengle and Hill all nearly the difference. Great goal kicking smalls are more important than big guys often in finals. Carlton and Brisbane need to get some in. Charlie Cameron looks like he's on the down hill run now and Floplots is a bit meh so far.

v

Coffield & Billings.

Treating players well makes us a more attractive target in the future. Players that we let go in this manner won’t hate the club, they’ll likely still have a good relationship with the club afterwards.

Stuv still considers himself a sainter afterwards.

Paddy Ryder loved his time as a sainter but even though port traded him since they helped him get to the club he wanted to he still has a soft spot for them.

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back