Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Draper suits Carlton midfield mix more than North
Look, ultimately, assuming there is no go home factor with Jagga Smith, we can't really lose at pick 4 as we will have one of the big 4 available. Draper for us makes sense as he is local and has a game we don't really have...BUT, Lalor does as well, FOS is an all round quality player and smith is maybe like Cotchin in playing style and that will be great for us too.

all media sources are saying its FOS who is walsh cousin. retention tactic for walsh on top of his two year form
Doesn't seem likely though, that you would get FOS to retain Walsh, Walsh isn't going anywhere. They would have to be taking best available talent with a need.

FOS may fit best available, but the argument for Draper on the blues board is to settle in with the Campo boys, connect back to Moir, etc.

Personally I just can't believe they would not take the best available.

I'd be happy to run with Draper being a flight risk, having recently stated that playing for Adelaide would be a childhood dream come true, and that West Coast just moved out of the top 3 on the back of Draper being a flight risk - but all this is just 2+2=5 type stuff.

I'm just preparing myself to not get Draper, or to not get upset not getting Draper or Lalor. Smith would be a great fit for us, and if he was overlooked by Richmond and Carlton he may not be on the first flight home.

Doesn't seem likely though, that you would get FOS to retain Walsh, Walsh isn't going anywhere. They would have to be taking best available talent with a need.

FOS may fit best available, but the argument for Draper on the blues board is to settle in with the Campo boys, connect back to Moir, etc.

Personally I just can't believe they would not take the best available.

I'd be happy to run with Draper being a flight risk, having recently stated that playing for Adelaide would be a childhood dream come true, and that West Coast just moved out of the top 3 on the back of Draper being a flight risk - but all this is just 2+2=5 type stuff.

I'm just preparing myself to not get Draper, or to not get upset not getting Draper or Lalor. Smith would be a great fit for us, and if he was overlooked by Richmond and Carlton he may not be on the first flight home.
its FOS they are making up stuff on the blues board...
it doesnt matter we are guaranteed one of the four our biggest concern is hamish pulling a hamish special

Why would Carlton take a player that is very similar to the midfielders they already have? Draper fits their list needs. Not FOS. I’m not so sure anyone can safely guarantee they don’t want Draper and haven’t all along. I’m hoping we get Smith.

its FOS they are making up stuff on the blues board...
it doesnt matter we are guaranteed one of the four our biggest concern is hamish pulling a hamish special
The Blues posters seem to be leading towards taking Draper.

Perhaps I’m too cynical, but I find it very strange that there has been this very public media leaking of us wanting FOS so adamantly.

Perhaps to get Rich/North to bite first? But having said that, if our target was Draper .. I don’t see him going 1/2 anyway.
on FOS dont know on draper neither do I. i still think north will take tauru. now they made trade back to 5 to do that although melb want him too so i doubt it. i reckon hes going at 2.

Perhaps I’m too cynical, but I find it very strange that there has been this very public media leaking of us wanting FOS so adamantly.

Perhaps to get Rich/North to bite first? But having said that, if our target was Draper .. I don’t see him going 1/2 anyway.
Your board seems locked in on taking Draper at 3, which is interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cal Twomey doesn't do his Phantom Draft now ....why not ?

Because he's not the best judge of talent .....he's a mouthpiece for recruiters, supposedly an excellent networker ....and waits till he pieces all the feedback from a broad spectrum of recruiters B4 deducing his Draft Order
Weird opinion.

Twomey does a monthly set of draft rankings, which are his opinions.

His Phantom Draft has nothing to do with his opinion - it's how he's hearing the draft will unfold, and he's very accurate.

Not sure what your point is.

Weird opinion.

Twomey does a monthly set of draft rankings, which are his opinions.

His Phantom Draft has nothing to do with his opinion - it's how he's hearing the draft will unfold, and he's very accurate.

Not sure what your point is.
It’s pretty common knowledge , Twomey is not a talent guru …… his strength is networking

So i take the opinions lightly …. his final Phantom is actually the recruiters consensus

I agree re FOS , seems a bit obvious

Also maybe a bit similar to the Hollands brothers , especially Elijah

I’m not ruling out Draper for Carlton at all !

but I doubt kangas go for Draper

dermott brereton wasnt overly enthusiastic about FOS on fox earlier this week. was interesting.
You ever spotted Dermot at an U18's game other than when his son Devlin was getting a kick for the Sandy Dragons some years ago?

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back