Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of performance and consistency? Or you're including size and power in that?

If there weren't concerns over his athleticism he certainly would be firmly in the top group. We'll see how the combine pans out for him.
Perhaps Langford has become a victim of people wanting all draftees to be all things. Yes the 190cm ball winning, goal kicking, overhead marking beast isn't the most athletic player available.

What do Nick Daicos, Marcus Bontempelli, Lachie Neale, Toby Greene and Patrick Cripps all have in common? None of them finished top 10 in any athletic combine test. Footballers win football games.

Perhaps Langford has become a victim of people wanting all draftees to be all things. Yes the 190cm ball winning, goal kicking, overhead marking beast isn't the most athletic player available.

What do Nick Daicos, Marcus Bontempelli, Lachie Neale, Toby Greene and Patrick Cripps all have in common? None of them finished top 10 in any athletic combine test. Footballers win football games.
We need elite speed and agility out of stoppage with a deft kick to our forwards. Whoever that is.

Lalor has a high-grade hamstring strain. 8-10 weeks out.

Out for the Rebel's finals series and draft combine.

- Twomey

Lalor has a high-grade hamstring strain. 8-10 weeks out.

Out for the Rebel's finals series and draft combine.

- Twomey
And you can put that down wholely to the GWV Rebels medicos and physios for sending him back out onto the field with his thigh heavily strapped after half time .

He could hardly raise a trot and played in the goal square for the rest of the game. I watched every minute of that game and he I saw him reach for his hammy after a contest at full forward early in the 2nd quarter.

I now suspect he may have told the medicos and physios at quarter time he had an issue because it seemed strange he came out and went straight to full forward when he's the team's best mid and had been doninant in the 1st quarter around the ball.

Went off about half way in the 2nd quarter and the next time we saw him was at the start of the 2nd half at full forward with his thigh heavily strapped and unable to break into even a gallop.

Last edited:
And you can put that down wholely to the GWV Rebels medicos and physios for sending him back out onto the field with his thigh heavily strapped after half time .

He could hardly raise a trot and played in the goal square for the rest of the game. I watched every minute of that game and he I saw him reach for his hammy after a contest at full forward early in the 2nd quarter.

I now suspect he may have told the medicos and physios at quarter time he had an issue because it seemed strange he came out and went straight to full forward when he's the team's best mid and had been doninant in the 1st quarter around the ball.

Went off about half way in the 2nd quarter and the next time we saw him was at the start of the 2nd half at full forward with his thigh heavily strapped and unable to break into even a gallop.
Now is when we attack another top 10 pick with future 1st etc..

Get FOS at 4 and Lalor with another pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeh lalor gonna slide

dont think we will be picking FOS
I very much doubt that, big difference between a hamstring which to my knowledge is his 1st hammy, his previous issue was a hip/groin that saw him miss most of the preseason....far different to a an ACL.
Taj Hotton who would have been in the top 3 or 4 discussion early in the season is the one that's slipping after doing an ACL but again he'll go a lot higher than most of the media guys have him.

Lalor's the most powerful and explosive mid in this draft, he ain't slipping far if at all.

I very much doubt that, big difference between a hamstring which to my knowledge is his 1st hammy, his previous issue was a hip/groin that saw him miss most of the preseason....far different to a an ACL.
Taj Hotton who would have been in the top 3 or 4 discussion early in the season is the one that's slipping after doing an ACL but again he'll go a lot higher than most of the media guys have him.

Lalor's the most powerful and explosive mid in this draft, he ain't slipping far if at all.
I meant slide from pick 4 to pick 10. Do you think we would pick him with 4 still?

I’d be getting Lalor.
There is serious sporting pedigree in that family..

Sam, who hammered 68, including eight 6s, in one match, had been playing in the Fourths at Northcote prior to the Carnival, and came under notice when he scored 111 off 65 balls in a blistering innings.

He also plays for the Ballarat Rebels in NAB League football, was selected in the All-Australian U16 team last season, and is currently a member of the Victorian Under 18 squad. He attends prestigious Geelong Grammar:

“That necessitates a bit of travel, getting him back and forth to the Rebels, but he laps it up,” Steve says.

Will (17), another of Steve’s boys, is currently experiencing a few problems with stress fractures in the back, but he’s been playing with Northcote Seconds.

In a Dowling Shield match for Northcote last season, Sam (97 not out ) and Will (an undefeated 48) helped their side chase down the Richmond total.

The five Lalor cousins played more than 100 matches in 10 different competitions last season, so cricket has been a full-on involvement for the two families.

I meant slide from pick 4 to pick 10. Do you think we would pick him with 4 still?
This type of 1 off hamstring I doubt would concern recruiters at all because Sam will still be doing all the medical and psych testing etc and the recruiters will have access to all his medical and physio records at the GWV Rebels. You only have to watch Sam play to know he's an athletic beast.

This type of 1 off hamstring I doubt would concern recruiters at all because Sam will still be doing all the medical and psych testing etc and the recruiters will have access to all his medical and physio records at the GWV Rebels. You only have to watch Sam play to know he's an athletic beast.
I like the look of him better than draper. I told you my concerns there but I wont be throwing the toys out of the cot if we pick draper. Lalor is more what I'm looking for. But I wouldnt be surprised if he slides a bit. Really we need draper and lalor. or jagga and lalor. we all know berry is depth at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back