Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Have we committed to Welsh? Is he actually worth drafting vs a kid at 25 assuming we had those 3 picks on draft night?

Regardless, the fact that this is an issue shows how atrocious our list management has been.
Not sure about Welsh. Assuming we will take him after he played SANFL with us all year.

Agree on the list management. We haven't left ourselves many list spots to work with in a strong draft. Not ideal

Not sure about Welsh. Assuming we will take him after he played SANFL with us all year.

Agree on the list management. We haven't left ourselves many list spots to work with in a strong draft. Not ideal
I assume it’s a given that we take Welsh and would have told him as much last year in convincing him to play for our sanfl side. The kid quit school to focus on footy.

I imagine he would have had a very different regimen this year if he weren’t on a promise. And I suspect he’s probably been on a Burgess fitness regime this year aimed at being afl ready in the next year or two rather than on a regime focussed on getting drafted.

Really should have moved Berry on as he would likely have brought in a 2nd rounder of some capacity while he holds a bit of currency from late season form AND freed up an extra list spot. Still, the club could pay murphy's contract out and free up a list spot that way....
Doesn't seem like there was much interest in Berry

Yep Jagga would be a good choice for them I think. Reckon Ashcroft pips him in an open pool, I wonder if Richmond will bid on him. Pick 2 then is anybody's guess.

100% Ashcroft goes first. Brisbane will match, got to make them pay full price. Also takes the pressure off your man at 2 so they don't Jack Watt's themselves.

1. Ashcroft
2. Jagga
3. ...
4. ...
5. ...

Yep Jagga would be a good choice for them I think. Reckon Ashcroft pips him in an open pool, I wonder if Richmond will bid on him. Pick 2 then is anybody's guess.
I would purely because the number 1 pick comes with added pressure and that's fine if you're going to team who just made a grandfinal but it's a lot harder to go to a club with a 2 win season and expected to make a big impact upon arrival

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back