Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We've had a great off season, and it's still disappointing that this week is going to be meh, and the draft even less.

I still think we should have taken another pick or two into the draft. AT LEAST one more pick.
Maybe we don't rate this draft as highly as others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

melb f3 is worthless. lets call it 42 in a weak draft....
it 'might' be that we are hedging on Welsh expecting him to go late but if not and its a bid in the 3rd round which is likely to be the earliest round you'd think a bid may come, we can eat into a F3, whilst at the same time using our F2 and F3 for Peatling with maybe something else coming back or that proposal where we swap F2's as part of it.

We can't use 43 as we don't have the list spot so flipping it into the future regardless its a supposed weaker draft is irrelevant as we would have to use it on Welsh when later picks may do the same job. So get value for it now, hedge for an earlier bid and at best case if that deal for a swap of F2's and a F3 comes to pass we still have a full suite of picks to use?

are we possibly getting ready to split up 4? trading 42 seems a bit weird
I think we're positioning ourselves to have our F1 available to trade should the opportunity arise to get back into the first round.

I don't see how this is possible though unless we can get pick 13 out of GC.

It's a speculative pick (which will probably be part of the Peatling deal anyway) but given we weren't going to use 46, it's still a value-positive for us.
wont be part of peatling deal we would have just used 46

unless we just want to five them two F3s for peatling

I reckon it's just down to circumstance with ANB, Cumming and Peatling all choosing the Crows, you have to go back to the early 2000s for the last time that's happened at our club!
I'm ok with trading out though would have liked a couple of late/rookie picks in case there's a slider or project player available.

We just need to get pick 4 right. No excuses for Hamish not getting this one right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back