Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounded like some will be suspended, others fined

Can only cross our fingers and hope
Surely it's not something as bad as what happened with a Victorian lower level footy club a year or two ago?

Though it does sound along the same lines...

Glen Waverly football club.

Listening to Getable and because this is a super draft they were saying the difference between day pick 1 to pick 6 is probably not as huge as “normal” drafts. I guess a person with the right values is worth more if the skill difference is not as huge
The top 10 is so hard to rank

Then 10-50 is super strong as well

Unique draft

Last years top 10 was pretty consensus overall and quite early , Windsor probably the bolter late

Top 10 is even rather than stand out strong like last years was

10-30 is really strong

Don’t reckon there’s obvious drop offs , will be some great 3rd rounders in this draft
And some that get picked up in the MSD and next year's draft as overagers given it's going to be a heavily compromised draft next year at the top end by the look.

Think Richmond is the biggest chance to trade up with North, and if you believe Twomey they like Lalor and FOS the most
If Richmond do trade up to get 1 and 2, I wouldn't be surprised if they take 1 kid with a high floor and one with a high ceiling. Smith and either of Lalor/ FOS would (almost) guarantee a great draft outcome.

I actually don’t mind that from WCE, even though their fans are mad. They need quantity of best 22 players and they’re getting a dual premiership player in his prime for a 9 pick slide in a super even draft with a player who was a top 40 goal kicker in the comp as steak knives. If they can come out with Bo Allen - which will be touch and go at that pick but no one who’s been paying attention will be surprised if he ends up one of the best players in the draft - then that becomes a big win.
Freo will still probably have a pick before West Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back