Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice trade period Crows.

Can't see this going any other way but Draper now.

2025 Trade Targets
Leek Aleer (out of contract)
Wanganeen-Milera (out of contract)
Chad Warner (out of contract)
Luke Davies-Uniake (FA)

Perhaps I’m too cynical, but I find it very strange that there has been this very public media leaking of us wanting FOS so adamantly.

Perhaps to get Rich/North to bite first? But having said that, if our target was Draper .. I don’t see him going 1/2 anyway.

Maybe you want smith?

dermott brereton wasnt overly enthusiastic about FOS on fox earlier this week. was interesting.
The sceptic in me thinks the media downplay Vic kids and hype up interstate kids deliberately to try and help sell home grown talent to interstate clubs so they let the Vic kids slide.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know this should be LM 2025 or 2025 Trade but do we get NWM or Draper (Ess) as priority?
The big issue I see here is that Port have courted NWM for quite a while and are bracing for losing Bergman (who I think was a saints fan growing up). Hopefully it’s not as simple as a player swap next year. Would love NWM at Crom. Would be a huge get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The big issue I see here is that Port have courted NWM for quite a while and are bracing for losing Bergman (who I think was a saints fan growing up). Hopefully it’s not as simple as a player swap next year. Would love NWM at Crom. Would be a huge get.
I'd have thought we would have been too, from before the draft year.

What we need is to rise up the ladder this year, St Kilda and Port to slide down, so all can see the future is with us.

Geez, the Blues board is in love with Draper. It’s bordering on weird.
I think they were looking at the possibility of him sliding to their pick for a while as he was lower on some ratings, and now they are within reach are all in.

Doesnt really matter if its not from the club, but Drapers speed is a POD for all to see.

No doubt they've traded up for OSullivan.

What happens with 1 and 2 will determine who we get.
Lalor at 1 seems like a risk to me if I'm Tigers.
Don't think Draper goes at 1.
Could definitely justify Lalor at 1, especially with the bounty of picks the Tigers have

Reminds me of Rayner going 1 - maybe not quite as fit or as much of accumulator as others around him at the top of the draft yet, but arguably the highest ceiling of anyone in the crop

I was watching Draper clips last night and the way he runs and follows up his disposals reminds me a bit of peak Ben Cousins (the on field version).

I still remember the day Cousins came out in the 2nd half of a final torched us as Footy Park. Was literally sprinting for 60 mins straight. Wouldn't be surprised if he ran 10+kms in a half of football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back